Sponsored by:

STi's in Europe

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2001, 08:37 PM
rupertu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Does anyone know if there is any plan afoot for New Age STi's to be imported into European countries? Apart from hthe UK of course. OK, OK I know New Age is blo*dy hideous, (although I don't recall thinking my first one in '95 was quite that hideous)but I've got to give in eventually........when this one's racked up 100k miles or so

Rup
Old 22 June 2001, 08:42 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Talking

I would have thought if they sell them in the UK officially then they would go to Europe as well. Maybe it will lead to European parallel exporting, now that would be funny . 5000 UK spec LHD STi 7 ordered by UK Subaru dealers

cheers

chrisp
Old 22 June 2001, 09:00 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well if they sell them in Europe that'll be a great way for us to save 30% on the cost, bargin!!!

Jon
Old 22 June 2001, 09:01 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

I've heard Greece will be getting the VII STI, officialy, so if Greece gets them, the rest of Europe will get them. I think Subaru want to get into competition in the 280ps class with Mitsubishi, who have made the EVO VI and VII available to all of Europe. The European STI will be 260ps due to lower octane petrol ratings in Europe and to pass our harsher emmissions regulations, than Japans.

WREXY.
Old 22 June 2001, 11:39 PM
ski
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes but you forgot that mainland Europe have 98 99RON petrol available,so I cant see much loss of power.Its only here we have low octane overpriced fuel.
Old 23 June 2001, 07:07 AM
aziz
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Well Gentlemen,

Let us all hope and pray they do that and sooner rather than later .

The Mitsubishi Evo was made available in both LHD as well as RHD AND in road type (GSR) plus competition (RS).

BUT not Subaru and because of that lack of forsight there are (so far ) no LHD STI's

Usually it is LHD countries that get the goodies first , but in this case the U.K.
and Australia IMHO were always lucky (ENVY)

I call to Fuji Heavy Industries (subaru's parent) to wake and catch up with the rest.
Old 23 June 2001, 12:43 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

I agree, but because of stricter emissions in Europe and because of 97 RON in the UK all Euro and Australia spec STI's will be the same. For cost purposes Subaru will make them all identical, except for Japans models.
This info was given to me by a Scooby dealer.

WREXY.
Old 25 June 2001, 09:54 AM
rupertu
Scooby Regular

Wink

Thanks chaps, all valuable info. My thinking being that I could replace my UK spec car with a new age horror for about £17K but why not wait a bit for a UK-spec STi V11 for £20K from a nice man in Holland, Belgium, Italy or Spain. I could even hack driving one back from Greece come to that......

Rup
Old 25 June 2001, 11:14 AM
Stelios
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by rupertu:
<B>Thanks chaps, all valuable info. My thinking being that I could replace my UK spec car with a new age horror for about £17K but why not wait a bit for a UK-spec STi V11 for £20K from a nice man in Holland, Belgium, Italy or Spain. I could even hack driving one back from Greece come to that......

Rup[/quote]

Hmm you have to wait till October for the STi to be importe in Greece. I ll be happy to drive one for u for delivery . (via switzerland austria etc.)
Old 25 June 2001, 11:20 AM
FrankM
Scooby Regular

Hi

the STI VII will be presented at the IAA in Frankfurt (Germany).

BUT: In was told that the STI will have only 260 perhaps 270PS due to emission laws in Germany(Europe?).

Frank :-)