ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Slow Down on the A34!!!

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2001, 07:09 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Amigos...picture the follwing scenario if u will....travelling from Abingdon to Bicester today at 17:45 along the A34 towards the M40......as the traffic was light I was doing some fair old speeds and arrived on a Silver Vectra which was in lane 2 at 80mph like I he was standing still....then I noticed a large dark shadow in the rear window and 3 aerials on the roof and lifted off ..... came up alongside him at lights and saw it was 2 class one police officers who gave me a smile and a nod....I nodded back ...
.I went off from the lights up to about 80 and they followed then overtook and gave me a wave - top work law enforcement fellas... proves all police chappies arent narks
Anyways I may well have caught them on a really rare good day so u have been warned that Thames Valley plod arent just using Omegas and Beemers like everyone thinks - go easy out there - I'll be a bit more subdued on my way to work 2moro
Old 23 June 2001, 08:56 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Question

Richard,

there aren't any "lights" on the A34 between Abingdon and the M40! Also, how did ya know they were class one officers?

Sorry, just being pedantic - nice to know that there are a few decent plods out there

mb
Old 24 June 2001, 07:19 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Wink

.....Martin - what about them eff off big traffic lights on the roundabout with the M40?? Christ mate hope I dont drive in front of you if ur that blind LOL
As for knowing they were class one.......i dunno that had that "nasty" look about em hehehehehe

Old 25 June 2001, 01:38 AM
BRM
Scooby Regular

You may be interested to know that Thames Valley Police have Omegas plain and marked
I have also seen 2 different dark blue Vectras with extra aerialage and several different marked up Vectra estates they are also still using an unmarked blue M reg Senator , all this from living close to 3 Mile Cross (Where Traffic HQ is located)
Old 25 June 2001, 08:02 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Cool

Easy Tiger!

Old 25 June 2001, 09:45 AM
PeteC
Scooby Regular

Note also that Thames Valley have an unmarked black Jaguar XJR that I've seen around Reading way.

Pete
Old 25 June 2001, 09:57 AM
medders
Scooby Regular

Gloucestershire have marked and unmarked vectra v6's. You have to be class 1 to drive these.
Old 25 June 2001, 10:11 AM
simon_prickett
Scooby Regular

There was quite a nasty shunt on the Northbound A34 around Abingdon when I was on there yesterday lunchtime... Mercedes caught it full in the front and looked to have gone into the back of something else. Luckily everyone, including lots of kids, looked OK.

Take it easy,

Simon.
Old 25 June 2001, 10:26 AM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Unmarked XJR!
That is fairly serious!
Mossman

PS My only brush with an unmarked unit was a blue Fiesta in Huddersfield! Just wanted to check my details and he turned out to be from the Drug Squad!
Old 25 June 2001, 12:09 PM
nevr
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Richard Askew:
<B>.....Martin - what about them eff off big traffic lights on the roundabout with the M40?? Christ mate hope I dont drive in front of you if ur that blind LOL
As for knowing they were class one.......i dunno that had that "nasty" look about em hehehehehe

[/quote]
Lots of lights now at Junction 9. If they were in a Vectra unlikely to be traffic officers. Thames valley Traffic have a Vectra Estate on test