Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Why do Scooby drivers do this :)

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2001, 08:33 PM
Murray53
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Out for a ride with a couple of mates today we came up behind a DBM Scooby who immediately accelerated to try to keep us behind, (if he was happy at the speed he was going why speed up when someone catches him?)

I passed him along with one of my mates, the other two sat behind for a short while until safe to pass. The Scooby driver was going hard to keep the bikes behind, but after the last of the bikes passed him he slowed down.

Why did he do this? I think its the same answer as I gave to the question (Why do bikers do this?)

He was a ****!
Old 24 June 2001, 08:44 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Can't comment about why the scooby driver did that but I do find most other car drivers do that when a scooby wants to overtake!

Jon
Old 24 June 2001, 09:11 PM
Murray53
Scooby Regular

Yes, I would agree with that, I find some drivers move over when I come up behind them in my Scooby, but others take it as a challenge for some reason.

***** drive all kinds of cars, and bikes.
Old 24 June 2001, 09:40 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Oh my god - bikes v scoobies begins again!!

Jza
Old 24 June 2001, 09:49 PM
Murray53
Scooby Regular

No please, don't turn it into another biker versus Scooby thread, I only posted this as a kind of response to a "why do bikers do this" thread.

The answer is that neither scoobies or bikes are immune from being driven by *****.
Old 24 June 2001, 10:44 PM
PeterPerfect
Scooby Regular

Wink

Could be something to do with wanting to hear a big bike overtake on full chat
Old 25 June 2001, 07:32 AM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Had something similar with my MR2 when I was driving that regularly. I was out and about in sunny Bedfordshire and was on my way home when a bike went from miniscule dot to riding in my boot in about .3 of a second. He then tailed me for a bit, overtook, braked so that I would come up behind him. Damn, I was only 19 and thought that he was being a bit too much of a pratt to warrant me hanging around, besides which, it was about 11 at night and I didn't want to be alone with this chap. First impressions and all that.

Anyway, I sped up and up and eventually got to 120mph, all the way through Gt Barford, before the speed cameras made an appearance and onto the A1. This was the time when there was a crossing over the A1 to go back down the south bound side. I live on the S/bound side so pulled into the crossing. Bike pulled in behind me. There were cars on the s/bound side so I could not cross immediately. Bike comes up level and taps on my window, I wind it down about 2 inches, he lifts his visor up and says "Good driving - nice to see someone who can drive properly" and then proceeded to cross over the A1 and tank it back down.

Now I have a different car and I suffer from "invisibility syndrome".

This is where people can't see me tanking down the road and decide to pull out in front. Or they thrash their the nuts off their car, desperate to get in front, because they cannot be behind a blonde female in a sports car...ooooh no.. that is against nature.

I work in Maidenhead now and the amount of miles that I do I get to see a lot of twits on the road...
Old 25 June 2001, 08:05 AM
Blue
Scooby Regular

Talking

Murray53
He did it because he was a ****

(sorry if I've started something )
Old 25 June 2001, 08:53 AM
Murray53
Scooby Regular

Yes Blue

I wasn't trying to start a bike v scooby thing here, just trying to point out that ***** drive all kinds of vehicles.

Watch out for them.
Old 25 June 2001, 12:28 PM
dougies549
Scooby Regular

lo murray

i had a similar experiance 3 week's ago with 3 bike's.

i am also a scooby driver (BLACK CATALUNYA)

coming alone the a77 passed the end of prestwick airport heading to ayr,the bike's pulled of the slip road from galston,1 of them proceeded to pull a wheelie for about 150 yard's,i ask myself why do this on a main and busy A road,but ha i got caught up with it,put the foot down to see what kind of responce,guess what he floored it and was away,could'nt pull in straight away cause of traffic,next minute the other 2 bike's under took me????,give me a chance and i would have been in. _

but hey what a smile that biker put on my face it's something that u don't se often.

dougie+diana

[This message has been edited by dougies549 (edited 25 June 2001).]