Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dad’s funeral convoy - could you help?

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2023, 09:35 AM
Sarahmurphy
Scooby Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dad’s funeral convoy - could you help?

Hi, my dad was a member of this forum for years, he was a mechanic and had a few Subarus, 3 I think. He still has one (profile photo) which needs cleaning up a bit and a few things doing to it which we hope to do so we can drive it at his funeral. He hadn’t driven it in a while as he was obviously feeling very poorly but didn’t say. We found out he had stomach cancer on 27 March and then his stomach perforated, he had sepsis and an emergency operation on 29 March, they said he probably wouldn’t survive the operation and then they said the next few days, he made it until yesterday 2 August. He was the biggest car fan ever and we really want to make his funeral special, he was only 55. We would be beyond grateful if any of you who drive a Subaru or any other nice car, (he was known as VW Pete a long time ago and repaired and restored many) would be happy to do a convoy on his journey to the Manchester crematorium or just come and drive past my house (in Denton) when he is here. We don’t have a funeral date and time yet but if you think you might be able to help, please let me know. Thank you in advance
Old 04 August 2023, 06:17 PM
nicam49
Scooby Regular

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Hi Sarah, so sorry to learn of the loss of your lovely Dad. 55 is absolutely no age. Hope some forum members in your area might be able to honour him with a zoom past or even attend the funeral. Meantime, would be nice to see some pics of his motor if you can spare time to upload them. Take care and God Bless at this very sad time.
The following users liked this post:
Old 05 August 2023, 12:46 AM
bunsofsteeeel
Scooby Regular

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

So sorry to hear this I hope members around Manchester can help
Old 05 August 2023, 01:21 PM
Sarahmurphy
Scooby Newbie

Here’s a few he took himself a while ago. Not too sure how to reply to anyone on here though or if I just reply to the thread!
He loved this forum, always talking about it but he was a quiet person so I’m not sure how much he wrote on here.
Thanks for all your kind comments, appreciate it 🙂
Old 05 August 2023, 01:29 PM
Sarahmurphy
Scooby Newbie

I should have a date and time on Monday.
Old 12 August 2023, 08:25 AM
Sarahmurphy
Scooby Newbie

Hi, the funeral is Friday 18th August at 12.30 and my dad will be arriving at my house at 11.45, if anybody could make it, we would be so grateful, please let me know and I could set up a meeting point. Thank you in advance.
Old 13 August 2023, 02:04 AM
bunsofsteeeel
Scooby Regular

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarahmurphy
Hi, the funeral is Friday 18th August at 12.30 and my dad will be arriving at my house at 11.45, if anybody could make it, we would be so grateful, please let me know and I could set up a meeting point. Thank you in advance.
Hi Sarah, this is quite a quiet site these days you might be better off posting on local to you Subaru Facebook groups.