Sponsored by:

2002 wrx heaters warm then cold

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2022, 10:18 AM
Gary1wayne
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 wrx heaters warm then cold

Hi Guys new to the scooby scene so looking for some help. I upgraded my turbo to a hybrid 1 etc etc, got it all up and running but no fire inside, so tried burping the system, no good so changed the thermostat and did it again and got the fire to warm. So after driving the car a little bit I noticed the fire went cold so when i stopped I felt the top hose and it was pressurised, undone the header tank cap and water gushed out, so topped up started the car and warm fire but same again goes cold after a 10 min drive. Could this be something sinister like the hg or water pump ? Or have I not got all the air out ? The car was fine before I changed anything so I'm thinking it's something I have done some where any help is appreciated forgot to say the car runs fine temp gauge is fine no overheating etc

Last edited by Gary1wayne; 15 January 2022 at 10:30 AM.
Old 15 January 2022, 10:44 AM
MrRtm
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Did you feel the bottom rad hose? It being cold and the top hot is an indicator of an air lock, how did you fill it? Did you drain it with the heaters on? The back header tank hose that goes to the turbo is the best way to fill the system and heaters on when you first run it, gently squeezing the top/bottom hose can sometimes help but I've always found that if you get an airlock it's just easier to drain it and refill it slowly.
Old 15 January 2022, 10:53 AM
Gary1wayne
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't feel the hose, I filled up the rad to the top put the lid on then the header tank and ran the car and added water when needed, the last time it did spill water out so I just assumed it was air free and needed the cap on, I will drain it off and refill as you suggested thank you