ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Header needed.

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2021, 07:50 AM
Frisco
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header needed.

Not sure if this is allowed here, feel free to remove.
I'm looking for an unequal length header that would fit an 06/07 Impreza R sport. I'm unsure if it's the one that fits earlier cars or not so advice would be appreciated, if anyone could point me in the right direction to pick one up that would be even better 😁
Old 18 February 2021, 12:35 PM
RockyRoad
Scooby Regular

Received 123 Likes on 104 Posts

Don’t think there are any bolt on options. Custom is the way to go. Earlier non turbo manifolds won’t work without a lot of work.
Old 18 February 2021, 12:50 PM
Frisco
Scooby Newbie

RockyRoad. it's either from the bugeye or earlier. The advice come from a lad who had the pipe fitted to a blobeye which is the same fitting as the Hawkeye sport. Didn't say where he got it though.
Old 18 February 2021, 12:55 PM
RockyRoad
Scooby Regular

Received 123 Likes on 104 Posts

Hawkeye non turbo has a unique front exhaust system that is different to all other Impreza’s.
Old 18 February 2021, 01:01 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Have a look here regarding the headers and differences from various models.

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...t-exahust.html

Old 18 February 2021, 01:07 PM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

similar post to this a little while ago , there were bits made by hayward and scott but it was £££ , any reason you want to change ? based on how much it was to buy all the parts plus the limited benefits you would be better off buying a turbo car , the costs were very high to do it all
Old 18 February 2021, 01:48 PM
Frisco
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Vxr2010
similar post to this a little while ago , there were bits made by hayward and scott but it was £££ , any reason you want to change ? based on how much it was to buy all the parts plus the limited benefits you would be better off buying a turbo car , the costs were very high to do it all
For all a reconditioned engine costs I'd prefer to drop a 2.5 in. Problem was the shorty couldn't get insured so found a clean low miles sport and it now looks like an STI in and out. Issue is no burble. The usual headers for an 07 won't fit the same with no turbo.
The car only has 60,000 on the clock and still clean. Every 07 STI and WRX I've seen for sale has well over the hundred thousand on them either that or car showrooms are selling them for silly money. I've had a good few now and will no doubt have more. Just can't beat an Impreza, even towed the police out the street the other year in my old wagon. Not many newer cars doing that in a blizzard 😁
Old 18 February 2021, 01:58 PM
Gambit
Scooby Regular

Received 231 Likes on 172 Posts

For exhaust setups - you can cross reference the different models/part numbers here:-

http://opposedforces.com/parts/impreza/

Old 18 February 2021, 08:30 PM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

i get your idea on it , i think the cost outweighs the benefit ,a cat back system will give you some scooby noise as it’s still a flat 4 , and is not too bad price wise , you could get a quote on a custom system but it will still be very expensive , hopefully in time the prices will come down and insurance costs for you , sorry for being sensible be carful insurance wise if the car is badged as an sti unless you declared it to insurance already , i had a friend who had a lot of issues with his insurance company over a change of badge , my money would be on a cat back system only , either custom made or hayward and scott , but i assume you have already done the cat back ?
Old 18 February 2021, 10:16 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Try searching for the UK name exhaust manifold.

I asked the same question not long ago. Just fit a full system off a Bugeye or blobeye non turbo. Then 02 sensor will need to be extended.

Also get some pictures up