Sponsored by:

05 impreza wont start

Search this Thread

Old 25 October 2020, 04:28 AM
neal3870
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 impreza wont start

hello i have a 05 impreza 2.5 non turbo that wont start i have lights/radio new starter & alternator and a good battery but it does not click or anything just goes dead when i go to start radio goes off with clock and the alarm fab does not work. I use the key in the door I have just bought the car and worked great for a couple days and now I'm stuck any help would be appreciated thanks for you're time. B
Old 25 October 2020, 08:02 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

From your "Location" being Oregon this would be a US model 2005 2.5 n/a Impreza. You don't say if it's MT or AT.

Have you checked/tested all the fuses, both in the engine bay and under the dash (behind coin tray by drivers left knee)

The "goes dead"when turning the key would suggest a flat battery or the security system is is still activated (interrupt relay in starter circuit) It also has a clutch interlock relay in the circuit (foot on clutch to start).

The alarm fob not working could be a flat battery in the fob. Using the key to open the door usually doesn't turn off the alarm if set.
Make sure you have no large drain on the battery when everything turned off. If it was Ok for a couple of days this could be the problem and the battery has discharged.
Check your battery is fully charged.
If you've just bought it then go back to the seller. The new alternator and starter could be a clue to the problem.