Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silverline Synionic Oil, complete lack of information and zero technical specs...?

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2020, 04:10 PM
MB84
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Silverline Synionic Oil, complete lack of information and zero technical specs...?

I've seen this oil recommended every now and then, however I went to their website and there is a complete lack of information, details and technical specs, and it costs just as much or more as the well established brands Millers,Fuchs...

I can see they posted something in 2016 about running some old subaru for a couple of thousand miles on a racetrack and thats about it...

Does anyone use this mysterious ''better than everything on the market oil'' ? And why?

Last edited by MB84; 17 September 2020 at 05:10 PM.
Old 13 September 2020, 06:11 PM
Jon T
Scooby Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Scooby clinic swear by the stuff. Not used it myself
http://shop.scoobyclinic.com/RaceOilTestResults
Old 16 September 2020, 09:47 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

It is seriously good stuff, having used many big brand oils. The tech spec on it alone is impressive.

It's been used in some pretty serious cars over the years.

However it is not exactly easy to get hold of.
All I can suggest is that you track down Ray Culver or
silverline synionic on face book.

Old 16 September 2020, 09:57 PM
MB84
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve Whitehorn
It is seriously good stuff, having used many big brand oils. The tech spec on it alone is impressive.

It's been used in some pretty serious cars over the years.

However it is not exactly easy to get hold of.
All I can suggest is that you track down Ray Culver or
silverline synionic on face book.
What are the specs? On their website there is zero information for example what is the NOACK and the HTHS viscosity at 150°C for the 5w30 and the 10w40? And what standards does it meet ACEA API?
Old 17 September 2020, 04:38 PM
rayc21
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MB84
I've seen this oil recommended every now and then, however I went to their website and it honestly looks like a scam website from 1995, complete lack of information, details and technical specs, and it costs just as much or more as the well established brands Millers,Fuchs...

I can see they posted something in 2016 about running some old subaru for a couple of thousand miles on a racetrack and thats about it...

Does anyone use this mysterious ''better than everything on the market oil'' ? And why?
Thanks for thinking my web site is a scam. I have been answering your questions by email.

What started off as "What oil do you recommend for a Subaru which is not modded or used on track" has escalated to wanting to know more and more info.

I don't mind the questions and being allowed a bit of time to answer them. But to be honest when reading threads like this and the emails I have received I now wonder whether this is a genuine enquiry.

I apologise for my web site being out of date. But ill health and various medical issues (that I am not explaining here ) has meant I have not had time to keep up with these matters and the guy who does my web site updated has basically just left it.

Anyway, no one needs to hear that.

My apologies to everyone but it does make me a tad suspicious when someone who wants oil recommendations for a standard car starts asking more and more questions (Last email was 10 pm last night asking the questions below). . I shall go and crawl back in my corner and would like to thank all of you who have contacted me regarding this thread :-)

I will get around to answering the persons email in due course
Old 17 September 2020, 05:10 PM
MB84
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rayc21
Thanks for thinking my web site is a scam. I have been answering your questions by email.

What started off as "What oil do you recommend for a Subaru which is not modded or used on track" has escalated to wanting to know more and more info.

I don't mind the questions and being allowed a bit of time to answer them. But to be honest when reading threads like this and the emails I have received I now wonder whether this is a genuine enquiry.

I apologise for my web site being out of date. But ill health and various medical issues (that I am not explaining here ) has meant I have not had time to keep up with these matters and the guy who does my web site updated has basically just left it.

Anyway, no one needs to hear that.

My apologies to everyone but it does make me a tad suspicious when someone who wants oil recommendations for a standard car starts asking more and more questions (Last email was 10 pm last night asking the questions below). . I shall go and crawl back in my corner and would like to thank all of you who have contacted me regarding this thread :-)

I will get around to answering the persons email in due course
Please just post here the specs for the oils this is some basic info that every oil manufacturer / blender publishes on their website..... I did not now about your health problems and that you do not have anyone to help you out with your website..so I apologise for that I'll edit my original thread start above relating to your website...

And stock car or not I'd still like to know the tech specs of an oil before it goes into my engine and if it meets the API / ACEA specification required by the manufacturer, that is it I have no ''evil'' or ''suspicious reasons'' asking the basic details about a product I'm considering purchasing...

Thanks!

Last edited by MB84; 17 September 2020 at 05:16 PM.
Old 18 September 2020, 07:11 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Yes, it would be interesting to see some specs for your oil, Ray.
Old 18 September 2020, 03:22 PM
rayc21
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hedgecutter
Yes, it would be interesting to see some specs for your oil, Ray.
The following has been sent from the technical director of the blending company in the UK.Thanks for your email, we run all the viscosity test required by the SAE J300 International requirements.

These are:

MRV (Mini Rotary Viscosity)

HTHS (High Temp High Shear)

CCS (Cold Crank Simulation)

Viscosity at 100C

NOACK is a measurement of evaporation loss and is not a requirement of the SAEJ300 although it does form

part of the ACEA, API & OEM’s (Original Equipment Manufacturers) specifications, as do many other tests such as Sulphated Ash &

Titration.

Your range does not claim any ACEA, API or OEM specifications so are not required to undergo these tests.

The reason you do not, or cannot claim these specifications is that to do so would mean strictly adhering to a specific formulation

that would exclude the addition of AFMT. (i.e. basic engine oils such as semi synthetic or fully synthetic)

Your range is a performance & racing product, a very quick search on google will quickly reveal very few of your competitors products

sold in this category claim any specifications either, precisely for the reason yours cannot.

In conclusion you are not selling a standard product, that’s essentially the whole point and what distinguishes it in the market.

for info

(SAE J300is a standard that defines the viscometric properties of mono- and multigrade engine oils, maintained by SAE International.Key parameters for engine oil viscometrics are the oil's kinematic viscosity, its high temperature-high shear viscosity measured by the tapered bearing simulator, and low temperature properties measured by the cold-cranking simulator and mini-rotary viscometer. This standard is commonly used throughout the world, and standards organizations that do so include API and ILSAC, and ACEA.

SAE viscosity grades include 0W through 25W in increments of 5W, 8 through 20 in increments of 4, and 20 through 60 in increments of 10. The former grades denote a multigrade engine oil's low-temperature properties (W denoting "winter"), whereas the latter grades denote an engine oil's properties at the operating temperature of an engine. To illustrate, a lawnmower may require SAE 30 monograde engine oil that must meet the SAE 30 requirements. In comparison, a contemporary passenger car engine may require SAE 0W-20 multigrade engine oil that must meet both the SAE 0W and SAE 20 requirements.)

AFMT is the technology that is in the oil (surface modifying) it's technology is owned by a company in the UAE and is sold worldwide. I am not privy to the info on this tech.
This is what I am told.
COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS Chemical Name CAS No Weight-%
Trade Secret Supplier Trade Secret Proprietary 60 - 80 * Petroleum distillates, hydro treated heavy paraffinic 64742-54-7 10 - 30 Supplier Trade Secret Proprietary 1 - 5 * *The exact percentage (concentration) of composition has been withheld as a trade secret.
All I can add further is that everything I have tried the products in / on it has done what it says on the tin.

For the future (due to changes in legislation) I am thinking of selling oil and the AFMT separately.

Because of low saps etc and what is written above it will cost so much money for the testing to be done in a pre mixed format it will be easier to allow people to make their own choices to use AFMT.

I have no doubts the product works as we have it in Gymkhana cars, Tow vehicles, Hi Speed boats, HGV's etc and our maintenance spray is used in many garages, go kart operators and the like.

As many of you know, I never push my products on people, I let them make their own choices on Brands etc. I am but a one man operation selling the products (Not owning the tech) and it is hard work when competing with the "big boys"
The original owners of Synionic kept away from small retail sales as it was too time intensive compared to the quantity sold. They only sold to trade and motor sports teams.
I used this product in my American cars and when I suggested they do retail I ot the above response. Then they said, if you want to do the retail you can. So I did.

A few years down the line, I am still as confident in the product and the AFMT's abilities.

I also believe a product sells on its own merits.

There are many loyal customers who know it works. There are probably twice as many sceptics and people wanting to put the product down or trying to belittle the product. One company tried this many years ago (Before my day) and issued an open letter of apology due to the writings being made without research. To be honest, If people buy the product then great. If you chose another brand then equally I am happy that they are happy and convinced its right for them (Who am I to say otherwise?)

I own a good few cars (10 Impreza's 2 x AMG's, NMW's, Peugeots, Vans, Camaro's, Day Van, American RV etc) All run the oil or AFMT. I am happy, I have tested it to the full From rad, towing and track use)

I have an owner driver who swears by it (Buying for years prior to my having the products)
I have C-Fury a RIB manufacturer who uses the AFMT in the boat engines and maintenance
Rally Drivers
Gymkhana Dmitrij Sribnij
Scoobyclinic
East Kent Subaru (Richard uses it in his own 500 BHP Subaru)
and many others.
Some have left reviews on our facebook pages

It's a buyers market. Feel free to chose your own products that you are most happy with.
I will continue to help where I can and hopefully will be back in full swing once Covid and personal health issues have subsided.

In the meantime, Keep the shiny side up (that shows my age!) and stay safe

Last edited by rayc21; 18 September 2020 at 03:26 PM.
Old 18 September 2020, 05:25 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

I’m not clued up on synionic oil or any oil for that matter but scoobyclinic serviced my car in December last year with synionic and it’s been completely fine. I will get it serviced again in the next couple months and I will be using synionic. I did use millers oil in my old blobeye and that too was completely fine. The engine oil temp stays around 90 degrees in my current blob but I’m really not sure what to look out for regarding different types of engine oil. My car is driven very sympathetically as I usually have my son in the car so maybe synionic comes into its element on track etc...