Sponsored by:

Hatchback security code

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2020, 09:37 AM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts
Default Hatchback security code

I need to make a second key for my vehicle and I don't have the security code (the number on a metal tag the key of a car usually comes with).
I've been told by Subaru Japan that this is supposed to be on the inside of the door card / door panel of the driver's door.
I've had a look inside the door card and found a sticker but it appears to me it's the part number for the door card along with some other numbers but I don't really know what I shall be looking for TBH. I've asked the agent I bought the car from in Japan to cross check with Subaru but I am not holding my breath.
Does anyone how many digits the security code consists of and does it have any letters?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by fpan; 11 June 2020 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11 June 2020, 10:00 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 747 Likes on 620 Posts

Have you spoken to/ contacted
https://www.facebook.com/jdmsubarukeys/

Nnot sure if they do the keyless access (as against keyless entry) fobs yet but worth a try.
Old 11 June 2020, 12:00 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Clark
Have you spoken to/ contacted
https://www.facebook.com/jdmsubarukeys/

Nnot sure if they do the keyless access (as against keyless entry) fobs yet but worth a try.
Hi Don,
Yes, jdmsubarukeys have confirmed they can do it for keyless once I have the security code and the JDM keyfob (which you pointed out is different to a UK one) but they need the car as well which means a trip to Scotland (they cannot clone keyless with just the key and the security code).
I'll e-mail you a photo of the sticker on the inside of the door card, I've found a 5-letter/digit code which may be (I hope!) the security code, I don't want to post it public.

Last edited by fpan; 11 June 2020 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11 June 2020, 01:32 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fpan
Hi Don,
Yes, jdmsubarukeys have confirmed they can do it for keyless once I have the security code and the JDM keyfob (which you pointed out is different to a UK one) but they need the car as well which means a trip to Scotland (they cannot clone keyless with just the key and the security code).
I'll e-mail you a photo of the sticker on the inside of the door card, I've found a 5-letter/digit code which may be (I hope!) the security code, I don't want to post it public.
The following users liked this post:
Old 11 June 2020, 01:55 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by fpan
I need to make a second key for my vehicle and I don't have the security code (the number on a metal tag the key of a car usually comes with).
I've been told by Subaru Japan that this is supposed to be on the inside of the door card / door panel of the driver's door.
I've had a look inside the door card and found a sticker but it appears to me it's the part number for the door card along with some other numbers but I don't really know what I shall be looking for TBH. I've asked the agent I bought the car from in Japan to cross check with Subaru but I am not holding my breath.
Does anyone how many digits the security code consists of and does it have any letters?
Thanks in advance!
hi mate, apologies for this dumb question but I have a metal tag with a 5 digit number on it that came with my Subaru keys, is that the number to disarm the alarm via the keypad in the car if the button on my key stops working? (The car is locked away at the moment so I’ve not had time to see if it works) Cheers
Old 11 June 2020, 02:49 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johno01
hi mate, apologies for this dumb question but I have a metal tag with a 5 digit number on it that came with my Subaru keys, is that the number to disarm the alarm via the keypad in the car if the button on my key stops working? (The car is locked away at the moment so I’ve not had time to see if it works) Cheers
That will be the KEY code should you get one cut by Subaru.

Your Sigma alarm PIN code would have been on a couple of stickers with the alarm manual when new.
If you don't know the alarm PIN then whilst you have working key fobs you'd be advised to change it to something you do know.

For M30 Sigma Alarm
Changing your PIN:

- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.

- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad: *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)

- Arm the system with the Radio Key

- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code

Last edited by Don Clark; 11 June 2020 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11 June 2020, 02:53 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Clark
That will be the KEY code should you get one cut by Subaru.
thanks as usual Don.
Old 11 June 2020, 08:28 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

I no longer own the car but when I looked out the spare key I found this with it (but not attached) and wasn't sure what it was for so disregarded it. Is this the key "code" tag ? Should I forward it to the new owner ? (Blanked out a couple of numbers just in case)

Old 11 June 2020, 10:36 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

It used to be when keys were all you had , my Forester was 35591, my Turbo 2000 8460-X . Just had a look and found mine for the WRX STI, also a "T" number.
So I assume still the same for the emergency key when keyless access fitted.
The following 2 users liked this post by Don Clark:
Old 12 June 2020, 07:27 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

I'll send him a picture of it, though I think he hasn't even drove it since the drive home