Old 08 October 2016, 02:22 PM
Dill_typeR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beware eBay VF35 turbo mcmotorsport500bhp

Recently bought a used VF35 turbo on eBay off

mcmotorsport500bhp
aka Mark Cook, Huntingdon

Described as good working order, arrived poorly packaged and cracked with what appears to be metal putty repair. I appreciate turbos 'may' operate fine when fracked, but it has clearly bodged and not advertised as such. Seller has sprayed over area with silver BBQ paint to mask fault and claims it's perfectly fine to spray inside of an exhaust and turbo blades with high temp paint as its ok for BBQs.

Still hasn't sent refund.
Old 08 October 2016, 02:26 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

How long has it been since purchase of item?
Has a case been opened by yourself stating item not as described?
Has the seller offered refund?
Did you pay via PayPal ?
Old 08 October 2016, 02:33 PM
Dill_typeR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was disputed on eBay. After quite a few messages, including him saying he doesn't do returns. He also sent. Copied text if what the Very High Temp (VHT) paint can be used for, therefore is perfectly fine to spray the inlet and exhaust of a turbo with this paint.

I expected everything to be automatically chased by ebay, item was sent and received in time frame but no refund. Phoned eBay, very hard to understand the operative, they have closed case automatically and now directed me to paypal. This then directs you to 'contact the seller' before further action! So back to square 1.

Don't want anyone else buying the same faulty goods.
Old 08 October 2016, 02:46 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Dill_typeR
It was disputed on eBay. After quite a few messages, including him saying he doesn't do returns. He also sent. Copied text if what the Very High Temp (VHT) paint can be used for, therefore is perfectly fine to spray the inlet and exhaust of a turbo with this paint.

I expected everything to be automatically chased by ebay, item was sent and received in time frame but no refund. Phoned eBay, very hard to understand the operative, they have closed case automatically and now directed me to paypal. This then directs you to 'contact the seller' before further action! So back to square 1.

Don't want anyone else buying the same faulty goods.
Right pal ring PayPal through there resolution centre they will give you a code which you ring them with and with item number and I'm sure you sent it back recorded so it's signed for you have 60 days from date of purchase to get your cash back explain it to them calmly item was not as described and damaged seller offered a refund but no communications after you sent it back they'll sort it if you have proof item has been returned but no refund usually eBay sorts it but looks like he's had you off there but if you got proof of item sent back PayPal will freeze his account and refund you mate hope you get it sorted
Old 08 October 2016, 11:20 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

eBay shouldn't be much hassle to raise a dispute. I recently bought a car stereo which the couriers smashed and to bits and after messaging the seller I was able to raise a return to seller request.

The fact that the seller doesn't accept returns is crap, that turbo shouldn't have been bodged and painted in the way that it had, it's a clear cut case for paypal & eBay to cover you, it's what we all pay them a percentage for, it wasn't as described!

Did you pay for it on a credit card?