ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Coming back to a Subaru - advice please

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2016, 07:05 PM
andylinney
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coming back to a Subaru - advice please

I'm looking to get back into an Impreza. I've spent the last few years comparing every other car I've driven to one so I might as well just bite the bullet.

So, the choice is do I go for a 2012/2013 saloon that's largely standard or for similar money pick up a slightly older but forged hatch?

I'm after an sti rather than a WRX and it's going to be a daily driver that will be doing 10k a year carting me around on the roads of Anglesey/North Wales.

I've owned a GB270 and a Forester STI before so I'm aware of the fragility of the 2.5 but it seems far less prevalent in the newer cars or am I kidding myself?

Any advice gratefully received.
Old 10 July 2016, 12:41 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Try looking for a jap import. Up to you about hatch or saloon, for me saloon every day. Don't like the hatch. And subaru no longer make them saloon only from now on. But it's us to you which you prefer.
Old 10 July 2016, 06:16 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Was in the same position as you last time I brought and couldn't make my mind up between the saloon and hatch,, looked at a lot of standard saloons but ended up going for a hatchback with a forged engine for the same money , don't regret it one bit as I think I would of wanted to change the engine of the saloon strait away anyway so made sense to go for one that I trusted rarther than planning to do a build strait away