Sponsored by:

general tirade, feel free to delete/edit/muppetise

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2001, 02:25 AM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Have a fight with me, I can tell you u won't enjoy that!

This life is not a rehersal, its the real deal...so live life to the max. We are all going to be dead for years.

As for your mates not answering the phone...thats kids stuff.. let em get on with it..the minute they need you..it will pain them to ask for help! (I know how you feel)

Ronnie
Old 13 May 2001, 07:31 AM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Wink

Astraboy..

Simple partial solution. Vote Conservative and NOT Labour. Conservative are promising 6p off a litre which is a start and I think Hague feels pretty much the same way, the way labour is taking this country is a complete infringement of all our basic civil liberties! Big Brother here there and everywhere, stupid schemes left right and centre...it's a joke really and anyone that votes labour needs their head examined imho!

As for your car costing a bomb..I sympathise with you, sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it...particularly when I'm regularly getting 150 miles out of 60 litres , certainly makes you wonder why bother paying such high insurance, fuel and maintenance when you're stuck doing 20mph in traffic half the time! But when you do get a clear road sort of helps put things back into perspective...

Smile (oh...and try to live day by day and enjoy it for the moment, don't think too far into the future as it'll just be depressing and don't sit about reminiscing either!)
Old 13 May 2001, 08:24 AM
philc
Scooby Regular

Astraboy - i agree with your comments about speed restrictions; just up the road from us there's a 10 km section of road nicknamed 'the killer highway'; drivers keep on getting totalled. So, recently they painted double yellow lines down the middle, complete with corrugation so they're noisy, closed off a passing lane and posted a speed restriction of 80kph down from 100kph (This is State Highway ONE in a rural area!!!)

And whaddya know? a week later a motorist and passenger got killed in the 80kph section ... and one week later another driver got killed in the new double-yellow line section.

No, I don't think it's funny, but isn't the moral either;

a) you can't legislate for stupidity or
b) speed doesn't kill, stupidity does

Hope your weekend improves - at least you've got more of it left than I have ...
Old 13 May 2001, 10:12 AM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

Since when did pre election promises actually happen?

They're all as bad as each other unfortunately.

But voting labour out would be a better thing I reckon

Have a fight with Ronnie - will be like beating up a little fluffy teddy bear
Old 13 May 2001, 12:35 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

yes i am a little drunk and feeling a little down so I am going to go off on one in the vain hope that it will make me feel better. sorry.
I really do despair sometimes about the stste of this country, the way my life is and where it is going. I really vannot see how it can get any better cos everywhere I go just depresses me even more. I was coming home in someone elses car and saw that for the second time that a wicked 60 mph road has been reduced to 40. ffs what is the goddamn point? revenue generation pure and simple. Basically i hate the way i am being turned into a criminal cos of all the tree hugging ***** and those cuints at transport 2000 thinking that 40 means safer. I posted a while back about another 60mph broad being reduced to 40 and I go along it today and see that a van has been broadsided by a bus. OH SO THAT REALLY WORKED THEN DIDN@T IT!!. I jusat feel like going into transport 2000s carpark (which they don't have) and donutting the fuick out of the cossie to get there attention.
I mean, it would be at least partially ok if the goddamn trains were worthwhilre. but they aint. Do you have any idea how difficult it was to get home yesterday. I had to go to hatton crooss in the end and get a cab I got a recipt but what are the chances of the train compny reimbursing me? Fuick all i tink. It pisses me off Soooooooooo much I pity the next **** in a train uniform i see.
And another thing. I am skint. The cossie costs way to much and i have to get rid of it. RRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! Petrol is so expensive and it really hurts that i see the petrol gauge moving down when I cane it.
Why is my way of life being persicuted by these government *****?
I really hope that I get accosted by a canvasser. The conversation will be
"Hello I am your local------- representative will you be voting for me?
"Well that depends. Answer yes or no to the following questions"
"Will you tear down all speed cameras?
Will you abolish all speed limits on the motoways?
Will you end massive taxation on fuel?
Will you get rid of the fuicking bus lane on the M4?
Will you stop the persicution of the cruise scene?"
Whats the betting all of the above will be answered with a big NO. So then I will say I'm a communist and tell them to **** of cos trotsky had the right idea.
It just makes me FURIOUS that some **** in a pinstripe suit and a painted ssmile will be my best friend for 4 weeks so he can get a job and be above me for the next 4 years. None of them will ever see my point of view so whats the point in voting? only as an apathy vote but that is just a waste of time as well.
As well as that, one of my mates refuses to answer his phone. I miss talking to him cos we are really close. Or at least were really close I'm not sure now. I wish he'd get in touch. I'd like to know what I have done to **** him off. Its been a month now.
Take me to a place where the roads are racetracks, fuel costs 2p a gallon, the cruises are massive, burnouts are 100% legal and the police are cool about all the above.
Ther only thing that will cheer me up is a good fight. Not that I'm any good at fighting, I just like watching them. there was a semi decent one in windsor tonight. no savage bloodletting or anything just a scuffle which made me smile. Then the speed limit thing depressed me again.
god my head hurts.
astraboy.
Old 13 May 2001, 02:31 PM
Matt_Davies
Scooby Regular

Smile

I've just miss interpreted what someone said (i think ) so in the vein hope i don't look like a complete tw@t i have deleted it.

[This message has been edited by Matt_Davies (edited 13 May 2001).]
Old 13 May 2001, 09:40 PM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Wink

Astraboy,

At least the speed restrictions reduce nitrous costs due to lack of use!

MB

Old 14 May 2001, 12:20 AM
blubs
Scooby Regular

Angry

astraboy,

Don't let 'em grind you down mate!!

The way I see it, if you let the current situation with speed campaigns/public transport/government etc etc depress you, then you are letting them win mate!!

I had a Scoob but has to sell due to massive commute to work, another kid etc etc.
Was I going to buy a dinky pollution friendly herd surrender machine? No. I bought an ST24 Mondeo. Ok, it's no tarmac shredder but it's quick, looks nice, roomy and best of all it's got a big lump under the bonnet and is and one in the eye for Prescott.

When my kids get a bit older and my house move is completed (September), I will probably get another Scoob.

I sometimes feel like you do and it can be a ****, but don't let it get you down.

Come to North Wales and we'll all go out on the p1ss and put the world to rights.

Works for me every time.

blubs
Old 14 May 2001, 08:37 AM
Stupot
Scooby Regular

Cool

Astraboy,
I heard ya mate, I got to sell my scoob because of cost and a few other reasons so I know how u feel about your Cossie. But u know I deal with it by thinking I will get a newer and better one one fine day. Who knows, petrol might be more affordable then and the mates u have may appreciate u more Chill geezer... rough with the smooth

Moderator. Dont muppetize/delete this thread
Old 14 May 2001, 02:21 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks People!
After reading the general support from people I havent even met before, it just reinforces haw cool scoobynet can be!
Thanks for the cheer up, I am going to several raves in the near future and the donuts that were executed last night at an undisclosed location in the UK have got me out of that depression hole I was in.
Cheers again, I'll try not to be so downbeat in future,
astraboy.