Sponsored by:

Took classic for a slow spin wasn,t happy

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2014, 09:37 AM
thunder8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took classic for a slow spin wasn,t happy

so in last, i bet 2 years i done about 500 miles in my classic.

it needs a map tweak but to stop stuff rusting and seizing i took it for a 10 mile run off boost and after a few miles i was not smiling this car always makes me smile .

not sure if is was stiffness on suspension or that a couldn,t open it up or weather the new noises it makes was getting on my nerves i don,t no .

i couldn,t wait to get it home stick it back in garage

not sure what to do now after all money i spent on it would still struggle to get 2k for it
Old 28 September 2014, 09:44 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you have fallen out of love with it, get the map tweaked asap and see what you think when you open it up...
Old 28 September 2014, 09:51 AM
mtb_ed
Scooby Regular

I did the same with my P1, hadn't been out in it for 5 weeks. Had a headache and took it out!

I felt every bump etc and like yourself couldn't wait to put it away. Even considered sale that week. But been in it since and enjoyed it again.
Old 28 September 2014, 01:57 PM
thunder8
Scooby Regular

i still like the car ... i did feel every bump ..i think its just because money is tight trying to save up £150 to 200 for the tweek is killing me ..and that i been driving the daily a mondeo to much ...plus the garage its in is like forknotts and takes ages just to get the car out and just as much ball ache to put it away lol
Old 28 September 2014, 01:59 PM
mtb_ed
Scooby Regular

Share your pain, takes me 30mins to get out and same again to put away!

Might doesn't need money spending on it currently but doesn't mean I don't!

More I never get time to drive it!
Old 28 September 2014, 04:08 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

I had to reread the thread just to make sure it wasn't me, feel the same, took Impreza out after been in garage for few months, kept on thinking there was something wrong checked tyre pressures, oil, water, exhaust.

Just felt rough, but its because more modem cars are so much more soft and we get use to them, then when you get back in the Impreza feels like the cars on wooden wheels
Old 28 September 2014, 06:22 PM
mtb_ed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
I had to reread the thread just to make sure it wasn't me, feel the same, took Impreza out after been in garage for few months, kept on thinking there was something wrong checked tyre pressures, oil, water, exhaust.

Just felt rough, but its because more modem cars are so much more soft and we get use to them, then when you get back in the Impreza feels like the cars on wooden wheels
Must be a sign of ageing! Buy a nice toy to feel younger but end up feeling older!

Trending Topics

Old 28 September 2014, 10:43 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Been out in mine today all felt good, think its getting to use to these newer cars, like power assisted steering
Old 29 September 2014, 06:59 PM
XDevil666
Scooby Regular

i know that feeling my dear blob just got put back in the garage again as its fun when i have it out, but the last time i drove it i just wasnt feeling it.

Stuck it in the garage and thought thats it untill im back from vegas (end of Oct), will get the cam belt changed when i get back, then decide what to do.

I doubt i would get much for mine as the body work has a fair few dints which i just cant be arsed getting knocked out and sprayed and spending the money on.

think i will keep mine untill after the winter (if it snows for 4x4 lol) and then decide if to sell it off so someone else that might have the energy to get the bodywork and wheels sorted out

because as of right now im just pissing tax and insurance money down the drain to be honest
Old 29 September 2014, 06:59 PM
thunder8
Scooby Regular

I think what it is i keep driving mondeo and its got all the refinements lol and i start to get lazy ...get in scooby love sound love the power .but then start to think mondeo st or focus st or astra vxr all still as quick with same mods i got
Old 29 September 2014, 07:08 PM
XDevil666
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by thunder8
I think what it is i keep driving mondeo and its got all the refinements lol and i start to get lazy ...get in scooby love sound love the power .but then start to think mondeo st or focus st or astra vxr all still as quick with same mods i got

ah my issue isnt the refinements, i actually like the seat firmness and the heated seated (leather pack)

i just spend 4 hours plus 3 times a week in my company car and then the weekends i mainly use the company car also so when i do get the use the scoob its usually just in short bursts, or if the misses is in with me she spends all the time shouting slow down lol, or if i drive solo i usually drive like a lunatic for a couple of hours and have fun, but then i just wonder when the next time i will get it out and think i prob spend £200 a month for those couple of hours of fun.

So i dont know, ive been saying this for a year lol - oh well whenever i do decide to sell there will be a couple/few grand for me to spend