Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How come scooby owners keep b1tching!!!

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2014, 01:11 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How come scooby owners keep b1tching!!!

With regards to some of the threads on here at the moment, why do scooby owners keep moaning that they get picked on because there driving a certain car???

If people at work, or on the street dont like your choice of car,"WHO CARES"
Old 25 September 2014, 01:15 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
With regards to some of the threads on here at the moment, why do scooby owners keep moaning that they get picked on because there driving a certain car???

If people at work, or on the street dont like your choice of car,"WHO CARES"
They arent really bitching,what they are doing is trying to make themselves feel better by claiming other people/drivers pick on them because they have a "special" car in their mind.

In reality nobody cares about a chavvy jap **** box other than them. But by posting sob stories about their "special" car its helps convince them the car is something "special".

They probably know nobody actually takes a lot of notice of the car and this is what really annoys them.

Last edited by fat-thomas; 25 September 2014 at 01:16 PM.
Old 25 September 2014, 01:30 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fat-thomas
They arent really bitching,what they are doing is trying to make themselves feel better by claiming other people/drivers pick on them because they have a "special" car in their mind.

In reality nobody cares about a chavvy jap **** box other than them. But by posting sob stories about their "special" car its helps convince them the car is something "special".

They probably know nobody actually takes a lot of notice of the car and this is what really annoys them.

To true!!

10 years ago, people where always interested in talking about your car at the petrol station, as 2003-04 there was not really anything out there sub £30k that had the performance of the Impreza, Now a Golf R/Audi S3/Normal Hot hatches are faster/better built and not much more expensive.

Now people really could not care less, most on here would see that as im putting the Impreza down, but im not I love driving Impreza's for my own personal enjoyment, and not what everyone else thinks, and if that means upsetting some one on the street/work who I really could not care about, then let it be, I wont lose sleep over it!!
Old 25 September 2014, 01:38 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ten pager in the making here.

I regularly get people having a go at me from the lights, usually German diesels but a couple of really high-powered machines too. I'm sure all of us have toyed with other marques on the roads too.

I wouldn't go so far as too say the competition has overtaken the road-going performance of the average UK-model Impreza STI but they've certainly caught up and built more comfortable and fuel efficient alternatives.

But how many of us drive "stock" cars anyway? Most STI owners I know well are running in excess of 350bhp with uprated suspension and brakes - you'd need something pretty potent to outgun that. Especially some of the lightweight JDM versions.
Old 25 September 2014, 01:44 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy

I regularly get people having a go at me from the lights, usually German diesels but a couple of really high-powered machines too. I'm sure all of us have toyed with other marques on the roads too.

I wouldn't go so far as too say the competition has overtaken the road-going performance of the average UK-model Impreza STI but they've certainly caught up and built more comfortable and fuel efficient alternatives.

But how many of us drive "stock" cars anyway? Most STI owners I know well are running in excess of 350bhp with uprated suspension and brakes - you'd need something pretty potent to outgun that. Especially some of the lightweight JDM versions.
Having a go is in having a little battle with another high powered car???

or Having a go is in members of the public shouting at someone because they have a loud exhaust, and driving a WRX that should be going fast because its a Impreza, going off some of the threads on here in the last few days???

Public Impreza envy i think its called!!!

Last edited by scoobyboy1; 25 September 2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 25 September 2014, 01:53 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy

It's surprised me what I've kept up with and what I haven't in my Imp.
Old 25 September 2014, 01:55 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RS_Matt
Veyron, Koenigsegg, Enzo????

Trending Topics

Old 25 September 2014, 01:58 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having a go is in having a little battle with another high powered car???

or Having a go is in members of the public shouting at someone because they have a loud exhaust, and driving a WRX that should be going fast because its a Impreza, going off some of the threads on here in the last few days???

Public Impreza envy i think its called!!!
I guess it depends what each of us have our Imprezas for. I own a powerful German saloon, it's totally standard and always will be, it's boring but super comfortable and my wife loves it. But fun it's not.

At the other end of the scale is the Impreza, well over 400bhp and its function is to keep my petrolhead inclinations happy. It's very far from standard and my wife won't get in it - great, an extra 60kgs would only slow it down! Chavvy? Probably but I really don't care and my neighbours seem to think it's an amusing aberration in an otherwise normal life. So best of both worlds really.
Old 25 September 2014, 02:05 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Veyron, Koenigsegg, Enzo????
Not come across anything that prestige, an RS4, GT2, R1 and M3 have all made me feel very humble. I was very very surprised by the M3's pace.
Old 25 September 2014, 02:12 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Never had any problems, only problems I have is if in small hatch boy racered up

Last edited by jaygsi; 25 September 2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 25 September 2014, 02:17 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

During my Imp ownership I've never had abuse away from here save for a school boy who shouted a racist comment at me.
Old 25 September 2014, 02:20 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

There are two types of impreza owner,the sticker fake roof vent "alright m8,me cars sick blud I'm gonna fit nitrous" owner and the enthusiasts who has a near stock looking car with performance mods.

The former has bought is because colon McRae had one it and it kills evos blud,the latter because its a fast,relatively cheap tunable performance car.

The first one is bothered what people think about them,the latter knows what peoples perceptions of imprezas are but couldn't care less.

Last edited by fat-thomas; 25 September 2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 25 September 2014, 02:38 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Originally Posted by Xline
Three types actually. The third has a purely stock car, but likely falls into the latter category in terms of not giving a **** what others think.
Yes I'll agree there!

The fact someone has started a thread claiming " I don't care what people say/think/do about my impreza" confirms they obviously do!
Old 25 September 2014, 03:12 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fat-thomas
There are two types of impreza owner,the sticker fake roof vent "alright m8,me cars sick blud I'm gonna fit nitrous" owner and the enthusiasts who has a near stock looking car with performance mods.

The former has bought is because colon McRae had one it and it kills evos blud,the latter because its a fast,relatively cheap tunable performance car.

The first one is bothered what people think about them,the latter knows what peoples perceptions of imprezas are but couldn't care less.
Coud we have an option 2a for those enthusiasts who know the general perception of imprezas and enjoy it because it adds to the fun of ownership?
Old 25 September 2014, 03:14 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Originally Posted by neil-h
Coud we have an option 2a for those enthusiasts who know the general perception of imprezas and enjoy it because it adds to the fun of ownership?
I'll rethink the categories.

1. Bought a wrx to impress other men
2. Bought an impreza to drive because they like it and don't care what others think
Old 25 September 2014, 03:46 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Drive a car that draws attention....and you get attention. Good and bad.

Live with it.

....or alternativly go stealth..dark/grey colour (not WR blue), and debadge/descoop/dewing and put a sensible exhaust and wheels (not gold) on it. That's how I rolled (still had the scoop though), and got no more aggro than I did with any other car.

Or just sell up and buy a Golf...
Old 25 September 2014, 03:51 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ALi-B

Live with it.

....or alternativly go stealth..dark/grey colour (not WR blue), and debadge/descoop/dewing and put a sensible exhaust and wheels (not gold) on it. That's how I rolled (still had the scoop though), and got no more aggro than I did with any other car.

Or just sell up and buy a Golf...
Yep, you're right. Being overtaken by a car with a huge wing and drainpipe-like exhaust is a bit like being given the finger, it annoys the hell out of some people.
Old 25 September 2014, 03:54 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Originally Posted by Paben
Yep, you're right. Being overtaken by a car with a huge wing and drainpipe - like exhaust is a bit like being given the finger, it annoys the hell out of some people.
I have a stock looking wr blue sti which has recently had gold wheels refitted, I get neither comments or people trying to race me!

Its just a car! If you drive it sensibly on the road and don't annoy people with it they couldn't care less about it!
Old 25 September 2014, 03:58 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Live with it.
That's about the size of it I'd say.
Old 25 September 2014, 04:15 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Owning an Imp is an overstatement in itself, I don't buy the stealth/daily driver/I don't want stickers or I'll stand out bullshḭt. You all know the score. You can't shḭt a shḭtter.

I once saw a middle aged lady get out of a totally stock WRX once and thought for a split second maybe she naively bought it purely on looks.

...I bet she brags at parties!
Old 25 September 2014, 04:25 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

I don't tend to get much reaction from passers by. My exhaust is standard and I don't tend to drive like a tit. The mums at the school don't really comment when I go to pick the kids up, but the bloke at my daughters playgroup always nods when I park up next to his 205 with a Gti6 engine. One bloke at work with an A4 convertible has owned an impreza in the past appreciates it whilst the div who thinks anything with a BMW badge is quick always makes "boy racer" remarks. As for M3's, they are quick. They shouldn't give anyone in a decent Impreza much trouble as I don't believe they are owned in the majority by petrolheads and bought for badge rather than performance. My old WRX embarrassed an M3 owner.

Last edited by Kwik; 25 September 2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 25 September 2014, 04:36 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Old 25 September 2014, 04:37 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kwik
I don't tend to get much reaction from passers by. My exhaust is standard and I don't tend to drive like a tit. The mums at the school don't really comment when I go to pick the kids up, but the bloke at my daughters playgroup always nods when I park up next to his 205 with a Gti6 engine. One bloke at work with an A4 convertible has owned an impreza in the past appreciates it whilst the div who thinks anything with a BMW badge is quick always makes "boy racer" remarks. As for M3's, they are quick. They shouldn't give anyone in a decent Impreza much trouble as I don't believe they are owned in the majority by petrolheads and bought for badge rather than performance. My old WRX embarrassed an M3 owner.
I'd like to know the spec of the Matte Blue M3 that destroyed Billy, it left me quicker than my mates R1 did.

Wakefield area.
Old 25 September 2014, 04:38 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Graz

There used to be a Robin Reliant in the Wakey area with a V8 engine and Specky's Fiesta 950 could shift.

Never underestimate your opponent or suffer the fate of my Imp you will.

Last edited by RS_Matt; 25 September 2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 25 September 2014, 04:46 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

I'd like to know the spec of the Matte Blue M3 that destroyed Billy, it left me quicker than my mates R1 did. Wakefield area.
Who cares if it's Matt blue.
Old 25 September 2014, 04:47 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Live with it.

Or just sell up and buy a Golf...:o
Oh dear, Thats what I did!!

But only as a stop gap until after xmas!!!
Old 25 September 2014, 04:48 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kwik
Who cares if it's Matt blue.
In case someone from Wakey is familiar with the monster.

I'd be gutted if it was stock.
Old 25 September 2014, 05:02 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

In case someone from Wakey is familiar with the monster.

I'd be gutted if it was stock.
Could be a 320d with a M3 bodykit???
Old 25 September 2014, 05:30 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Nah, I always seem him in the local petrol stations, I always find that out of Evos, Scoobs and Astra GSI's that it's the Astras that give me the hardest time.

They never bog down or struggle with lag like other makes.
Old 25 September 2014, 05:42 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Nah, I always seem him in the local petrol stations, I always find that out of Evos, Scoobs and Astra GSI's that it's the Astras that give me the hardest time. They never bog down or struggle with lag like other makes.
Are you trolling again Matthew?

Quick Reply: How come scooby owners keep b1tching!!!