Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cant decide on wheels need some inspiration :)

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2014, 09:10 AM
nurburgking
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cant decide on wheels need some inspiration :)

Need some pics of your wheels !!! Hi all iv recently bought a 2003 sti type uk in black ! It did have 18" inovit redlines in gunmetal wich I think looked the **** but unfortunately I went too fit four tyres too the car and realised the rims have fractured around the spokes, (seen less than a week after purchase from dealer)
Really annoyed i cant use my car untill iv got new ones and am trying to get them too help me replace them or refund me when I have....

Problem is I cant figure out what alloys I want, I would like another set of inovit redlines but I cant find new ones anywhere.. so im looking at
bbs lm style in silver or gold
Or team dynamics jade R in black
Axe ex10 staggerd in silver or gold

Or just something similar too these designs if anyone has pics of there sti with these on I would love too see a picture.. bonus if your cars black too cheers guys
Old 31 July 2014, 09:19 AM
kevfawcett
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If some wheels had cracked around the spokes I would definitely think twice about buying the same ones again

The was a little wheel inspiration thread in this area a couple of weeks ago
Old 31 July 2014, 09:21 AM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

I have recently put these on my Black 2005 STI

Not one of the ones on your list but I did look around at several wheels and found these, something out of the norm too.
Not the greatest of photo but could post up more if interested.

[IMG][/IMG]

18" Matt Black Sparco Assetto Gara
Old 31 July 2014, 09:35 AM
Paben
Scooby Regular

[/SIZE]/20140715_200014_zps908aa9dd.jpg.html]

Here you go, wheels nothing like the ones you asked about but at least they are on a black Sti! Rota GTRs 18 x 8 in gunmetal
Old 31 July 2014, 09:39 AM
nurburgking
Scooby Regular

I think the cracked rims on my car are replica inovits. But makes no difference cant find them anyway lol

Scooby-mark there nice pal I prefer the thicker spoked wheels though
Thinking of just buying a set of bbs lms but would realy like too see them on a black sti first
Old 31 July 2014, 09:40 AM
nurburgking
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the quick replys too
Old 31 July 2014, 09:43 AM
nurburgking
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paben

Here you go, wheels nothing like the ones you asked about but at least they are on a black Sti! Rota GTRs 18 x 8 in gunmetal
That looks hard as nails ! Love rotas might be outa my budget iv got 700 quid at a push... looks good though
Old 31 July 2014, 10:30 AM
fizzyo
Scooby Regular

Hopefully getting these fitted today/tomorrow .

Also have black blob so will post some pics when fitted . (if i can get my photos to upload!)

Old 31 July 2014, 10:39 AM
nurburgking
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fizzyo

Also have black blob so will post some pics when fitted . (if i can get my photos to upload!)

There lovley mate look forward to seeing that
Old 31 July 2014, 10:39 AM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nurburgking
Scooby-mark there nice pal I prefer the thicker spoked wheels though
Thanks mate, really pleased with them

Found them quite difficult to source in the UK, and something a bit different too

No worries, personal choice at the end of the day, Thought I would throw them out there as another option, Good luck with the search
Old 31 July 2014, 10:43 AM
nurburgking
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-Mark
Thanks mate, really pleased with them

Found them quite difficult to source in the UK, and something a bit different too

No worries, personal choice at the end of the day, Thought I would throw them out there as another option, Good luck with the search
Not suprised your pleased the look great.. thats awsome iv only been a member on here for 2 days this is a really good forum usually you get moaned at for askin anything about anything ! thanks for your input !
Old 31 July 2014, 10:45 AM
nurburgking
Scooby Regular

Anyone know if rota grids 18x8.5 will fit my car ? Also iv got 2254018 tyres will that look stretched ? I hate stretched. If its only a little bit thats not too bad
Old 31 July 2014, 10:50 AM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Not suprised your pleased the look great.. thats awsome iv only been a member on here for 2 days this is a really good forum usually you get moaned at for askin anything about anything ! thanks for your input !
It can be a bit like that on here, either get a quick response or get told to use the search function

A lot of genuine people willing to help and offer advice / opinion though

Just don't ask about dump values unless you want world war III
Old 31 July 2014, 10:57 AM
fizzyo
Scooby Regular

my xxr's are 18x8.75 and will be putting vredsteins ultrac sessanta's 225/40/18's on them. Will let you know how it goes and post some pics .

Old 31 July 2014, 11:18 AM
sivo
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Frayz has his speedline turini's for sale, top bloke and a pleasure to deal with.
They are inside your budget and the best wheels for a newage bar none IMO.
Here is a link to his for sale thread

https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-and...l#post11475247

Here's mine

Siv
Old 31 July 2014, 11:39 AM
nurburgking
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sivo
Frayz has his speedline turini's for sale, top bloke and a pleasure to deal with.
They are inside your budget and the best wheels for a newage bar none IMO.
Here is a link to his for sale thread

https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-and...l#post11475247

Here's mine

Siv
Yes I saw them on there... they are nice think its alot of money for second hand alloys though :/ iv messaged him already see what he says
Old 31 July 2014, 11:40 AM
nurburgking
Scooby Regular

Yes I saw them on there... they are nice think its alot of money for second hand alloys though :/ iv messaged him already see what he says
And yours look good too man
Old 31 July 2014, 11:46 AM
sivo
Scooby Regular

And yours look good too man
Cheers.

You could do a lot worse than work a deal out with Frayz... Take a look at his build thread.
Everything on his car is immaculate and your talking £1250 for a set of 5 turini's.

Siv
Old 31 July 2014, 11:54 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Ah yes we get all the rota and xxr fan boys on now saying how great their wheels are.

Since when were rotas and xxr wheels premium brands? They are cheap knock off's of decent wheels. The inovit "ravs" and similar are cheap ****e, that's why they cracked around the spokes... You won't see Rays doing that!

Having always had top quality Rays wheels on all my cars and recently purchasing a car with Rota wheels on you can tell the quality difference that is for sure. The Rrota "lightweight" range is still massively heavy...
Old 31 July 2014, 12:04 PM
sivo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
Ah yes we get all the rota and xxr fan boys on now saying how great their wheels are.

Since when were rotas and xxr wheels premium brands? They are cheap knock off's of decent wheels. The inovit "ravs" and similar are cheap ****e, that's why they cracked around the spokes... You won't see Rays doing that!

Having always had top quality Rays wheels on all my cars and recently purchasing a car with Rota wheels on you can tell the quality difference that is for sure. The Rrota "lightweight" range is still massively heavy...
+1 for this ^^^^^^

The difference between the turini's and my old inovit redlines is night and day.
I would never of believed it would improve the handling of the car but it did massively.

Siv
Old 31 July 2014, 12:15 PM
fawor
BANNED

Bla,bla
No difference in strongest thats why rotas ,redlines,asuka are more heavy then premium alloy brands.
Of course lighter (expensive manufacturing) alloy is better but I owe asuka racing/redlines ,gave them hard live during 2 years and no bends,cracks at all just paint flocking
out. Any alloy could crack.
Now on xxr 527s,just been abroad and no probs at all. Still I've got redlines for winter use.
How half kilo difference will improve handling, what about big brake kits ,wider more heavy tyres etc

Last edited by fawor; 31 July 2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 31 July 2014, 12:29 PM
fizzyo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV View Post
Ah yes we get all the rota and xxr fan boys on now saying how great their wheels are. ?!?!

Originally Posted by fizzyo

Where on any of those posts does it say "how great our wheels are?)
Just helping out a fellow member.
I'm sure your superior wheels are very nice .
Old 31 July 2014, 12:40 PM
nurburgking
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sivo
Cheers.

You could do a lot worse than work a deal out with Frayz... Take a look at his build thread.
Everything on his car is immaculate and your talking £1250 for a set of 5 turini's.

Siv
Looks like a good thread iv messaged him soo ***** in his court if not il get some rotas 18x8.5
Old 31 July 2014, 01:17 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a good thread iv messaged him soo ***** in his court if not il get some rotas 18x8.5
i heard they sold
Old 31 July 2014, 01:28 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Ha, what a load of 'I'm superior to you' bollox! It must be nice to have enough cash to afford such wheels. However the majority of us choose not to spend stupid money on a set of road wheels, most of which are purchased for their looks rather than their performance. Having said that I find that the 18x8 Rotas on my car provide a big all round improvement over the OE gold Sti wheels.

Have a look on the US NASIOC site, there was a long running thread on this subject, with great support for the 'cheap knock offs' from road drivers and racers and plenty of pics of broken Rays & Volks too.
Old 31 July 2014, 02:38 PM
kevfawcett
Scooby Regular

That 'I'm Superior to you bollox' is sound advice in my opinion. Why buy a set of inferior quality wheels when you can buy immaculate high quality second hand wheels?

Ps, XXR wheels aren't different, it seems every other person on here has them. There's even a thread about them I believe

Edit : Also, I can't get my head around the theory of people not being willing to spend a bit extra money on one of the most important parts of their car

Last edited by kevfawcett; 31 July 2014 at 02:41 PM.
Old 31 July 2014, 06:03 PM
nurburgking
Scooby Regular

I keep looking at yours man she is nice ! were did you get them from ? Cheers
Old 31 July 2014, 06:35 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

I got them from Kev on here at a very decent price considering they were practically new. He didn't like them on his blue Bug but I'm pretty happy with them on my black one.
Old 31 July 2014, 06:43 PM
nurburgking
Scooby Regular

Old 31 July 2014, 07:03 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kevfawcett
That 'I'm Superior to you bollox' is sound advice in my opinion. Why buy a set of inferior quality wheels when you can buy immaculate high quality second hand wheels?

Ps, XXR wheels aren't different, it seems every other person on here has them. There's even a thread about them I believe

Edit : Also, I can't get my head around the theory of people not being willing to spend a bit extra money on one of the most important parts of their car
Kind of agree with you there about the safety aspect of it, and you kind of get what you pay for, but at the end of the day were talking £2,000+ for a nice set of 18s from a top company such as Rays Volks, Enkei, Advan etc, and to think that most of us on here are driving around in a Subaru thats probably not worth more then £8k I cant see the point personally.

If I was paying £2k+ for a set of wheels to go on a £50k Nissan GTR or Porsche GT2 etc then I could understand, but a set of wheels for a sub £10k car then Rota, XXR, Redline will have to do.

Quick Reply: cant decide on wheels need some inspiration :)