Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**************** STOLEN SLK 320 ********************* PLEASE READ!

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2001, 04:24 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Ok.

Yesterday, customer driving through London *exact location not disclosed for security reasons and for the identity of the customer* one of our suppliers SLKSs was stolen in a car jacking at a set of lights.

REG: X169 HGF
Silver SLK 320, AMG wheels, full leather air con etc etc etc.

If you hear any details about this, anything will help- Please contact me at ronnieharris@platinumhire.com

This is a very serious offence, it would appear that the customer was followed from the Midlands on his journey.

Regards
Old 04 May 2001, 04:53 PM
Peter L
Scooby Regular

Angry

This car jacking business is getting a bit too frequent for my liking.

Have read a couple of newspaper stories in London of car jackings (including a Scoob) plus numerous posts on here.

I suppose it is just a case of keeping the doors locked and keeping your eyes peeled.

Take care out there!

Peter
Old 04 May 2001, 05:09 PM
DIGGY
Scooby Regular

Angry

Terrible news Ronnie, if i see or hear anything you will now about it...........

Kin bastids!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04 May 2001, 05:20 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to hear that Ron

I've been thinking about 'jacking recently. Anybody know of an anti-jacking system?

A friend of mine has got an extra alarm thing which works like this:

If the engine is running and the drivers door is opened and then closed, the next time the brake pedal is pressed, a little LED on the dash lights up. If a hidden button under the seat is not pressed within 15 seconds then the car will cut out and the alarm will sound for 15 minutes. If you try and reset the alarm with the fob inside that 15 minutes then it's another 15 minutes from then and so on.....

Anyone know who supplies this as I'm thinking about getting one for myself???

Matt
Old 04 May 2001, 05:35 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Angry

That's really bad news Ron, I hope they were ok and not too shaken up. To be followed from the midlands to london

My MY00 standard alarm has an anti car jacking feature where it locks the door when ignition is switched on. I also always drive with windows up when in town. It's worth checking your manual to see if it has got this feature.

If you are in town try to avoid being boxed in and leave enough space in the car in front so you can pull out and round in an emergency.
Old 04 May 2001, 05:37 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to hear that Ronnie....

Hope you get the car back and string the thieving bastids up who did it....

Hope the driver was ok

Si

[This message has been edited by Mr.Cookie (edited 04 May 2001).]
Old 04 May 2001, 05:46 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Angry

That's bad news Ronnie......

Hopefully you'll get the car back in one piece and plod will catch the sods. I imagine these things are part of a highly organised set-up, stolen to order and then exported or stripped and sold as parts etc....

Was the driver ok?

Hope you get some good news soon....

Sal

Trending Topics

Old 04 May 2001, 06:33 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

(explicit language following): **** Ron, this is really starting to get un-funny

I'm normally very weary when people ask for more police and more severe punishments, but I am afraid that this is changing a bit ... too many people that I know personally are reporting cars stolen/jacked ... It's not just a "stat" anymore, it's getting very close.

Does anyone (StuartH ? You're back aren't you ) have any numbers on the numbers of cars stolen/recovered ?

Anyway, sorry to hear this Ron, hope the driver is OK - and I guess we'll all pay the insurance consequences

Something going very wrong in our society, but I'm not sure what...

Theo [I find it difficult to deal with these kind of reports ]
Old 04 May 2001, 06:40 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Give them the car and save yourself a beating or worse!!

Putting something on which cuts the engine will just result in you getting hospitalised at the very least - DONT do it!

Now, a 'self destruct in 5 minutes' button would do the trick!!

Pete

Old 04 May 2001, 07:27 PM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to hear that Ronnie. Send regards to the customer, they must be pretty shaken up.

I would agree with Pete but he doesn't like us doing that does he ?

DJ
Old 04 May 2001, 07:31 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Angry

Erm, actually i agree with Pete too ! LOL

I think the metal spike up through the seat after 5 minutes would be better though not enough to kill em, but enough to remind them to be careful when sitting in strange cars LOL
Old 04 May 2001, 07:33 PM
Tom Evans
Scooby Regular

Red face

Sorry to hear about the car.

Problem is going to get worse before something is done IMO.

mutant_matt,

Clifford do somethying called Blackjax (sp?), which is an anti-car jacking feature. Every time the driver's door is opened a PIN must be keyed in to a pad (not sure if hidden). If you're car jacked then they will not know about this and drive off. If the PIN is not entered then the car will disable itself a few hundered yards down the road, far enough away to ensure your safety. Alarm sounds?

Cheers,
Tom
Old 04 May 2001, 08:19 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Matt.....On my toad system it locks the doors 10 seconds after you start the engine, I'm so glad I have it.
Cheers
Colin.
Old 04 May 2001, 09:09 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Scoob99:
<B>
Matt.....On my toad system it locks the doors 10 seconds after you start the engine, I'm so glad I have it.
Cheers
Colin.[/quote]

Colin
My finger locks the doors one second after I get in the car....i'm so glad I have it

Ronnie
Sorry to hear mate, not been your week.....

Old 04 May 2001, 09:27 PM
Avi
Scooby Regular

Angry

Ronnie.. Bad news mate

Same happened to me about two an half yrs ago in my Nova GSI, got the car Christmas Eve, four day's later [early evening], at the lights, the door is ripped open and I am faced with six inch blade in my face, Passenger is thrown out, I get out very quickly, car screeches off. Car is found week later, heavy front end damage, still with the keys in the ignition

Ever since, allways had autolock feature, as soon as I've got some cash, Blackjax.

I never feel safe in traffic and allways looking for a <B>way out</B>

<I><B>Andy A</I></B>
Old 04 May 2001, 10:16 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

**** Ron..mate that is ******* ****e news.....hope all that can be done is being done.....
I got anti hijack on me wagon - if u get out then it triggers after 90 secs - enuff for the ***** to be away from u - if u dont press the button then it triggers abs - cuts engine and locks u in with 130db going off both externally and internally (right by the ba5tards ears).... can be set off as a panic feature too...... I dont know who the system is made by, it was on the beastie when i got her....It does work cos I managed to set it off at 90mph in lane 3 of the M40 just after i bought her...... at least my minds at peace...

Old 04 May 2001, 10:25 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Angry

Not good Ronnie - hope everyone was OK.

Just a word of warning - car jacking is becoming more common. I work in Slough and our company has been specifically warned about this. Company and 'sporty' cars are the obvious targets - as Avi and others have said, try and leave room to maneuver in traffic (not always easy I know) and vary your time and route to and from work.

Chris
Old 05 May 2001, 05:59 PM
Ian Griffiths
Scooby Regular

Making sure you've a way out in traffic is all well and good so long as the keys are still in the ignition. I've heard of two cases so far where the keys are plucked through an open window first. This obviously doesn't leave you with many options.

The Clifford stuff is very good, bringing the car to a halt a few hundred yards away but I opted against it for mine as vigilance and closed windows are preferable to psuedo-intelligent electronics which are an inconvienience 99% of the time.

Sorry for not staying truly on-topic and sorry to have to contribute to threads like this. Be careful out there!