Newbie from the suffolk/Norfolk border

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2014, 08:03 PM
O2C-WRX-04
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie from the suffolk/Norfolk border

Hi all
This is my first scooby ive driven and owned well its only been two weeks now and yes im still driving round wit a cheshire cat grin, she not in showroom condition but tidy and i love it (how sad,hehe) it doesnt seem to be standard or maybe it is as this is all new to me, she`s a blobeye 02c rally blue wrx i know that much but i am interested in its history I dont know its its the same with all imprezas but in the front of my warranty & service booklet the first dealer who sold it new was N. C Kattamis Ltd from 2408 egkomi and had its pre delivery inspection done in kattamis in cyprus. It only has a couple of mods a big blitz induction kit along with something has been done to the airflow sensor bit (bloke I bought it off made a point of saying, might be bull) and a cat back exhaust system unknown brand which sounds nice but would be better if it was a litle louder, prof tinted windows and had halfrauds fit a new double din pioneer avh-x3500dab cd/dvd headunit last weekend which slotted in a treat with not hacing the dash up and i put on a black sunstrip yesterday haha last of the big modders but you have to start somewhere.
Hopefully shes going to be a reliable car as its just replaced my e46 bmw 325 sport coupe which ive had some 4 years now. I know it needs a couple of things doing set of rear grooved discs plus pads and a bush or balljoint on the passenger front as has a slight knock as roads are not the best round here, then after they have been sorted i will treat it to some goodies aftermarket dump valve, sti intercooler, decat and probably lower it 30 or 40 mm and thats all im planning at the moment but i guess that will change.
From being a member on other sites with past cars ive owned i will be looking to going to some meets and events any excuse to just get out and drive the scoob
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by O2C-WRX-04; 21 April 2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 21 April 2014, 08:13 PM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

i believe that is the main subaru garage in nicosia,im currently living in cyprus but am moving back to the uk in a few months,carbrooke to be precise,i will be shipping my jdm bug sti back soon,so you will probably see another bug going around.
Old 21 April 2014, 08:15 PM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

i believe that is the main subaru garage in nicosia.im currently living in cyprus but am moving back to the uk in a few months.carbrooke to be precise.i will be shipping my jdm bug sti back so you may see another bug in the area.
Old 21 April 2014, 08:19 PM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

sorry for the double post,and i misread about the model.im blaming my phone haha
Old 21 April 2014, 09:10 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

not to sure but don't think the car will like a dump valve could be a good idea to ask about first.
Old 21 April 2014, 09:36 PM
PhilWrx100
Scooby Regular

Wecome to Scooby ownership
Nice blob
My wrx is also from kattamis in cyprus, got the same sevice book (usually white), it's just like a uk wrx (well a European one ) without any alarm or locking wheel nuts (now has both). Mine also came over straight away. Generally the military boys buy em with less tax on and bring em home.
Regarding lowering -looks like it already a bit lower than std. Just be careful as lowering can mess the handling up. A geometry check after would be a good idea.
Phil

Last edited by PhilWrx100; 21 April 2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old 22 April 2014, 07:25 PM
O2C-WRX-04
Scooby Regular

Hi all and thank you the advise already as I said this is all new to me owning a impreza and my fist turbo`d engine so I look to be led in the right direction, I only remember the woosh on turbo cars and it does sound nice, the standard one isnt to loud at all and with regards to lowering I dont know if it has been already but shes sitting on 18" prodive alloys and 40mm is probably more than i`d like more like 30mm on the front and probably 20mm on the rear but again I dont know if this is correct for the handling of the car. Cheers guys and ryan if I know i`m near carbrooke in the future I`ll msg you for a ride out and meet