rhd lhd compatability

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2013, 06:59 PM
flat4 to the floor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rhd lhd compatability

Just after some advice please.
I sold a power steering motor on ebay listed along side all my other parts for a rhd punto.The buyer is in slovenia (lhd). Now i have just had a right rant that the item is not as described,Apparantly (his words) it is wrong side drive to his.I list with all part numbers to allow cross reference.Claims i should of told him it was rhd and i was wrong to assume that because i am selling parts on co.uk and was asked if i could post to him that it is my fault.I have asked what the trouble is with fitting,To which i was told, i paid you and am not obliged to tell you why it wont fit or what the fault i have is.I can see this going to paypal tbh.Am i wrong and how do you see this panning out?
Old 23 May 2013, 08:05 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would say it's his problem if he bought the wrong part, your item IS as described, he purchased without checking properly Item arrived etc so **** him.

You might get a little more joy if you ask the mods to move this post to Non scooby related.
Old 23 May 2013, 08:24 PM
LVC
Scooby Regular

He's a bit thick to assume that anything sold on ebay.co.uk would be for anything other than RHD cars as it's kind of the norm in the UK.

I don't know with whom the responsibility for "asking the question" or "stating in the description" would lie though and therefore with whom paypal would side in the event of a dispute. You could argue also that it was not stated that it wasn't a RHD model either.

He's still daft for not asking though.
Old 23 May 2013, 10:23 PM
flat4 to the floor
Scooby Regular

Default thanks

ditch and lvc thanks for taking time to reply.ditch i appreciate your comments,i dont comment much on here but do see your posts,and read with content.
lvc thanks also,even more so being on lhd turf, both comments have assured me that i have not misled or mis-sold the item.i had earlier said to him if i wanted something like a steering part i would buy uk and not mainland europe.