Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

RS6 to X5 4.8is

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2007, 10:24 PM
SpudgunRS6
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS6 to X5 4.8is

well, after a year in my RS6 saloon, it was time for a change. had mtm chip and milltek exhaust, sounded fantastic, and went like the clappers. 508bhp,540lbs/ft torque. outrageous speed, understated looks.dealer service at audi chelmsford was very good too.
unfortunately, DSC issue ruined the car for me, after numerous attempts to fix it, i gave up on the car and have now moved on to....

something completely different...

X5 4.8is, black with black leather, 20" rims, lots of aluminium bits.

well, what can i say, for a house it goes like ****ing stink! really suprising! has loads of presence, is totally ott, everybody hates you, i love it!!

heres to being public enemy number one! bollocks to tree huggers
Old 19 August 2007, 10:53 PM
IanW
Scooby Regular

As much as my other half hates it, i have a hankering for an X5 at the moment, dont know why i just want one!
Old 20 August 2007, 10:40 AM
Skittles
Scooby Regular

Congratulations - and a great choice - I love X5s.

Presume DSC was a typo and it is the DRC issue? Mine went three times in a couple years of ownership and after that I didn't want to own the car out of warranty. Pretty poor really and in particular people talking about peerless Audi build quality. The most bizarre thing is that they haven't fixed the issue, they just replace the damper and from what I understand it has equal chance of failing in a day as it has two years.
Old 20 August 2007, 10:51 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Reckon the 4.8is is one of the best sounding cars on the road right now (RS6 is pretty damn good too)!
I raced one in my Golf R32 and there was nothing in it - pretty good for a 2.5 tonne vehicle!
Inlaws have a 3.0D Sport on 19s and I have to admit to really liking it.

Nice one for being so un PC!!
Old 20 August 2007, 11:22 AM
Edcase
Scooby Regular

Location: Throwing myself down a mountain at every opportunity...

Originally Posted by SpudgunRS6
well, after a year in my RS6 saloon, it was time for a change. had mtm chip and milltek exhaust, sounded fantastic, and went like the clappers. 508bhp,540lbs/ft torque. outrageous speed, understated looks.dealer service at audi chelmsford was very good too.
unfortunately, DSC issue ruined the car for me, after numerous attempts to fix it, i gave up on the car and have now moved on to....

something completely different...

X5 4.8is, black with black leather, 20" rims, lots of aluminium bits.

well, what can i say, for a house it goes like ****ing stink! really suprising! has loads of presence, is totally ott, everybody hates you, i love it!!

heres to being public enemy number one! bollocks to tree huggers
Same reason I got shot of mine. I think Audi have a big problem on their hands in a few years once the new RS4's have some mileage under their belts, I believe its the same system.
Old 21 August 2007, 06:52 AM
DaveMiddleton
Scooby Regular

I used to have a re-mapped RS6 and loved it. I think the X5 (especially the 4.8) is the best looking and certainly the best driving 4x4 and I would have one in a second. No room unfortunately with the RS4 and 360. May buy one sometime.
Old 21 August 2007, 08:38 AM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaveMiddleton
I used to have a re-mapped RS6 and loved it. I think the X5 (especially the 4.8) is the best looking and certainly the best driving 4x4 and I would have one in a second. No room unfortunately with the RS4 and 360. May buy one sometime.
sh*t happens
Old 21 August 2007, 06:56 PM
SpudgunRS6
Scooby Newbie

yeah, meant drc not dsc! sorry.
numerous times they replaced bits of drc suspension, the car handled awful most of the time, was like driving on icy roads at times, even had the back step out once for no reason. nigh on feckin dangerous. apparently its true, they only replace the parts, no cure for it, and its horrifically expensive. even with a warranty, its a complete pain in the backside to keep sending a car in to get fixed, and even worse to drive. useless

if the rs4 has this system, then i cant believe audi have put it in it, its unreliable and crap. i wont be buying one of those.

the x5 continues to impress. same age roughly as the rs6, yet doesnt squeek or rattle like that did. the leather smells better too, and the car feels more solid. rs6 dont seem THAT well built really.

Last edited by SpudgunRS6; 21 August 2007 at 06:59 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 22 August 2007, 09:00 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Should have sodded the 4wd and got a 550 touring (without the run flats) imo....X5 but better in every way.
Old 22 August 2007, 09:06 PM
Jeff Stryker
BANNED

Wonder what Audilover has to say about this ?
Old 23 August 2007, 10:12 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jeff Stryker
Wonder what Audilover has to say about this ?
Nothing - he's banned

No fast Q7 that I know of...
Old 23 August 2007, 08:34 PM
SpudgunRS6
Scooby Newbie

had the loan of a Q7 while they were fixing the RS6(again ). 3 litre diesel thing. felt woefully underpowered, and the thing was huge. i mean ridiculous huge. absolutely no joy to be had in driving a car that ugly,huge, and feeble. looked like a big estate on stilts.
Old 23 August 2007, 08:39 PM
finchyboy
Scooby Regular

I've got a 4.4 sport X5 and the way it handles still amazes me everytime i drive it there is no way that it should go through fast bends the way it does. The 4.8 with it's Alpina developed engine must be awesome there's one on my local main dealer's forecourt for 28000 that's a lot of car for the cash.I have to stop myself going and having a serious look at it because i think i know waht might happen.
Old 23 August 2007, 10:34 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

The inlaws wanted a 4.8is but were told they are very hard to move on (by the dealer!!) so went for the 3.0D which is in for chipping shortly.
Soon getting the twin turbo 3.0D (as in the 335/535d) in new shape.

Really do enjoy driving it - feels "wrong" but at the same time so "right!"