RENAULT RANT

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2007, 05:27 PM
BOBBY G
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face RENAULT RANT

Hi Guys,

My wifes renault clio Trophy has been in at the dealers for 12 weeks now.
It needs a new wiring loom (seemingly) but between ren uk parts and ren technical France, they cannot seem to get one.

Been in contact with Ren Uk customer services 2 times a week.... no joy, no answers, just get told that emails are getting sent at the highest level blah blah blah.

I need to open a can of whoop *** on these people, what can be done? (sensible answers only please)
Old 26 March 2007, 05:29 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

In short, make sure the courtesy car they give you is (more or less) equal to the car you're missing.
Old 26 March 2007, 05:36 PM
BOBBY G
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
In short, make sure the courtesy car they give you is (more or less) equal to the car you're missing.
been fighting for that for weeks now, but got a ren modus .......

ren uk washes their hands of responsibility......

They have the authority to pull strings but they pretend it is the dealers problem.
Old 26 March 2007, 06:07 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

In my experience, Renault dealers are only beaten for incompetence by Fiat.
Old 26 March 2007, 10:30 PM
jezp
Scooby Newbie

jeremy townsend head of renault sport uk the man that can

free servicing for life springs to mind
Old 26 March 2007, 10:46 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

My Laguna got serviced on Thursday and low and behold today while turning a corner the engine cuts out, ****s myself as the steering locks on. Check oil pressure light comes on, so the AA takes me straight back the dealers
Old 27 March 2007, 12:23 AM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't drive a french car if u paid me........seriously I have never heard so much negativity targetted at one country/manufacturers.

Then add in the top gear driver ownership/satisfaction review where french models appear in the bottom top 10 and I think...Thank christ I've never attempted to own one.

and thats coming from a Skoda owner...........
Old 27 March 2007, 09:58 AM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

The only place I would go is here: Which? | Consumer rights

Know your rights, and go get them. I have been in your position a few years ago with a 1.2 Clio. I know what it is like to not get answers and feel sick as you look at your empty pockets knowing all you have on the drive is a sodding ornament.

Best of luck.
Old 27 March 2007, 10:13 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

God, don't get me started on Renault dealers.

When I had a Clio 172 I had it back 9 times for the same thing. Was lied to my face off the Customer Service manager, and when I pointed out his blatent lie he just shrugged his shoulders.

Renault customer service isn't much better in my experience.

I know exactly how you feel. Do what I did, sell the car and move onto another manufacturer. Don't give Renault another penny of your money.
Old 27 March 2007, 10:25 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny E
My Laguna got serviced on Thursday and low and behold today while turning a corner the engine cuts out, ****s myself as the steering locks on. Check oil pressure light comes on, so the AA takes me straight back the dealers
Updated:

Garage rang me today to tell me the car was done, they reckon a fuse had blown

A blown fuse can nearly cause a crash
Old 27 March 2007, 11:15 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

We had a similar experience with our Clio. Passenger airbag needed replacing, they stripped the dash out, couldn't get the part for 2 weeks and told us they wouldn't be putting the dash back until they got it Ended up with a hire car when they asked us for the courtesy car back (which we refused to do until they'd replaced it). We had loads of stupid little problems with that car that the dealer was useless over, but the final straw came when we booked it in to have the speedo replaced under warranty and they couldn't fit us in for a couple of weeks. By the time they could fix it, the warranty had run out and they refused to cover it

I will never buy another Renault as long as I live.
Old 28 March 2007, 08:06 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

There is still the issue of the bonnet catches failing. Watchdog pointed it out and Ren UK denied there was a problem, now Ren UK have asked for the mod that Watchdog carried out Quality
Old 28 March 2007, 08:08 PM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

I can't believe I've just watched some guy on Watchdog from Renault UK defending their actions. Are they completely STUPID ? why the hell aren't VOSA coming down on them like a tonne of bricks ?

I applaud the public relations dude that resigned and blew the whistle, reminded me of that aircraft engineer who blew the whistle on his airline employer.

Whats it going to take ? an accident where a Clio hits a schoolbus killing 25 kids inside ? a clio spinning and colliding with the vehicle of someone important ?

whats even more remarkable is they are still selling this catch in new cars that are in the showroom as we speak.

"Its a maintenance issue........."

what a load of sphericals...........!!
Old 28 March 2007, 08:32 PM
Daz1121
Scooby Regular

I had a similar problem with Audi many years ago. I went it to have the power steering pump replaced under warranty. Got a phone call later during that day to explain that the power steering pump mounting bracket had cracked and they had to order a new one as the car would be unsafe to drive. So they provided me with a car, a 1.4L Polo which I thought for a few days won't be too bad. Then had another phone call from them to say that the part would take a few weeks to get in. So as my car was an Audi 80Coupe Quattro and the Polo I'd almost rolled on a few roundabouts I asked them to provide me with a car more like I had been used to. I was offered a 1.8GL Jetta so went to pick it up that same day. Got to the dealership and was told they didn't have the Jetta but would loan me an Audi A4 1.9 TDi (115PS) SE instead. I thought that will do nicely and off I went a happier customer. A few weeks passed and no call from them so phoned them only to be told the part still had not arrived and was not showing in stock in Audi Germany. Anyway, 2 months later I was wondering if I would ever see my Audi Quattro again so phoned them up and played hell with them. The story was that the part was hand made by a guy in Audi Germany and he had retired so the part was now unavailable. Dealership then sent out the bracket to a local aluminium welders in Chester and a few days later was back in my car.
This was one of many bad experiences I had with the Audi dealership and will never buy an Audi again as it was not a nice experience for me. The car I couldn't fault, just the dealership as the parts manager was the most customer unfriendy person I'd ever met.
Audi customer services UK did help me out alot and I thank them for this.
So if anyone ever see's a 1990 black Audi Coupe Quattro 20v with John Bintcliffe signatute on the passenger dash panel, then thats my old car.