Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

ASBO !

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2006, 08:21 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASBO !

As in the new Focus ST anyone got any opinions on them ??
Old 29 November 2006, 12:51 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Great cars despite FWD, a bit thirsty but quite quick.

Ask NW Mark about his, he does not have trouble keeping up to the Scooby boys - in the dry at least

also they have a lovely interior
Old 29 November 2006, 04:46 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

A mate of mine had a loaner through work a couple of months back, a seriously quick motor Both in a straight line and through the twisties, with none of the wayward antics you'd expect from a big power FWD car. It would definitely have shown my scoob the way home! Surprisingly refined too, the interior is a very nice place to be

As an added bonus, it sounded just like a quattro when you made it angry, which is a Good Thing

Downside, I would imagine that one could easily give a scoob a run for it's money in the tyre & fuel chewing stakes too

PS: It looked the absolute dog's danglies in metalic black too
Old 29 November 2006, 07:56 AM
Big Col
Scooby Regular

bro-in-law was considering one for his next company car. Got a loan of one for 2 weeks. 14mpg!

went for a Mondeo ST TDCi instead.
Old 29 November 2006, 09:49 AM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

I drove one when they first came out as i was looking for a replacement for my much loved Focus RS,and i have to say it did not feel particularly quick to me,but it is probably because it is much more refined than the RS was.

Now that 300BHP is easily and readily available though i am becoming more and more tempted to get one,especially as they seem to be depreciating quite well(despite what the main dealers would have you beleive).
Old 29 November 2006, 10:06 AM
Jonno_johnson
Scooby Regular

I like them in the orange colour wouldnt like to scratch a organe one, it seems that it is much more expensive to have paint chips delt with than any of the other colours due to various diffrent paints used in its makeup.
Old 29 November 2006, 11:34 AM
Mal K
Scooby Regular

Aren't Ford supposed to be upping the power to 250bhp? The new RS must make it into production now with Ford winning the WRC manufacturers title.

Trending Topics

Old 29 November 2006, 05:42 PM
NWMark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paul2070
I drove one when they first came out as i was looking for a replacement for my much loved Focus RS,and i have to say it did not feel particularly quick to me,but it is probably because it is much more refined than the RS was.
Agree with this statement 100%, although its a turbo, in standard form it feels very V6 like, no noticable lag, and a good torque figure right through the rev range. A bit of bluefin magic and you still get the nice torque right through the rev range but with a more noticable turbo kick.

Interior is much better than the older focus, although still easy to find cost cutting measures. Seats are superb, even better than the leather recaros ones i had in my old Audi, hold you better and have more cushioning, so are more comfortable too

I got the ST3 with Dual Climate so for 20k its not the cheapest (or dearest) 200bhp+ hot hatch out there but as a whole package it won it for me

Mark
Old 29 November 2006, 05:47 PM
NWMark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Big Col
bro-in-law was considering one for his next company car. Got a loan of one for 2 weeks. 14mpg!

went for a Mondeo ST TDCi instead.
I can relate to this, first 1500miles i couldnt better 20mpg no matter how i drove it. and it was usually 17-18mpg to be honest.

now its got 4k on the clock its sat at around 22-23mpg, on my trip to work, all town based sat in traffic, all 30mph roads

On a motorway jaunt can easily see 26-28mpg, and you could get 30+ if you want to drive at a steady 60-70mph for the whole journey.
Old 29 November 2006, 05:48 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Get one in orange and I shall point and laugh at you (as I do to other orange focus folk), not just when I'm in my car but when I'm walking along or whatnot...
Old 30 November 2006, 11:41 AM
Sport160
Scooby Regular

Am I right in thinking that some of them are only able to carry 2 rear seat passengers ?? Seem to recall that if you have leather option (or an ST3) you get a different rear bench and the 3rd seat belt is deleted.

Of course I maybe talking complete ***t
Old 30 November 2006, 11:49 AM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

I think thats an option if you wanted "matching" bucket style seats in the back.

The boot is also shallower i think if you opt to have a spare wheel??
Old 30 November 2006, 04:34 PM
NWMark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sport160
Am I right in thinking that some of them are only able to carry 2 rear seat passengers ?? Seem to recall that if you have leather option (or an ST3) you get a different rear bench and the 3rd seat belt is deleted.

Of course I maybe talking complete ***t
Your right, its standard fitment on the ST3, i.e. leather seats all round with a sculpted rear bench, flat (3 person) leather bench not an option. So if you want leather you have to have 4 seats only.

On the ST2, you can get either the flat bench (3 person) or the sculpted (2 person) rear bench, both in cloth. not sure which is standard think its the flat bench, but other option is no cost.

Mark

Last edited by NWMark; 30 November 2006 at 04:38 PM.
Old 30 November 2006, 04:40 PM
NWMark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paul2070
I think thats an option if you wanted "matching" bucket style seats in the back.

The boot is also shallower i think if you opt to have a spare wheel??
Spare wheel was standard on all pre-06 build, after this date it was a no cost option. But you do lose boot space as the wheel sits in a foam tray that sits across the whole boot floor, you lose 4-6" in depth, but gain a spare wheel

Mark
Old 30 November 2006, 05:59 PM
Tony MY03WRX
Scooby Regular

I went from this:

to this:

I loved the WRX and had it for 3 years......I didn't think I would ever find a car that was as much fun to drive, but the ST is.........

I agree with what has been said before the low down torque is amazing, very little if any lag and it just keeps pulling like a luanatic....

Only downside is the lack of 4wd, but tbh the Focus copes with it quite well with very little torque steer apart from 1st that is!!!!!!

Tony
Old 02 December 2006, 10:24 PM
Mortywrx
Scooby Regular

Hi Tony do you go on Focusstoc.com? I think I can remember seeing that pic of your scoob.

Any way I went from a my95 uk2000 turbo to the focus ST and its one of the best things ive done.

My scoob after a new front end

My new ST

Ive had a few cars in between

corsa(2.0 16v redtop)
fabia Vrs
Zafira Gsi turbo
Vectra Sri navi

Cheers
Darren

Last edited by Mortywrx; 02 December 2006 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03 December 2006, 04:01 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

LOL someone rep'd me from this thread calling me a 'tw@t'

I presume this person likes orange foci so I therefore counter this rep by suggesting the sender is indeed the tw@t in this instance.
A tw@t with no taste in cars is a tw@t indeed....
Old 03 December 2006, 07:19 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

I really like the look of them. Saw an orange ST earlier today & it also looked great! My bruv in law gets to drive a lot of cars via his day job & his view is that the ST sounds great as well.

TX.
Old 03 December 2006, 09:00 PM
catalunya199again
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
A mate of mine had a loaner through work a couple of months back, a seriously quick motor Both in a straight line and through the twisties, with none of the wayward antics you'd expect from a big power FWD car. It would definitely have shown my scoob the way home! Surprisingly refined too, the interior is a very nice place to be

As an added bonus, it sounded just like a quattro when you made it angry, which is a Good Thing

Downside, I would imagine that one could easily give a scoob a run for it's money in the tyre & fuel chewing stakes too

PS: It looked the absolute dog's danglies in metalic black too
you need to square your impreza away mate i was rolling from 70mph against one of these and by the time i had used 4th gear (uk car) i was about 2 cars ahead
Old 04 December 2006, 12:31 AM
Mortywrx
Scooby Regular

what car do you drive cat199? Comparing like for like ie 2006 impreza 2.5 wrx to std Focus ST I think the ST will come out on top...? obviously the wrx will be better off the line and upto 60mph but after that i think the focus would reel it in upto 150+. Ive test drove the new Wrx and the ST back to back and although the ST I took out didn't feel all that fast, the one Ive got has freed up nicely and feels better than the scooby in every way.

Cheers

Ps I am actually still thinking of going back to subaru for the simple reason of space im after a 2.5 wrx wagon but will see what happens. Trying for second baby at mo.
Old 04 December 2006, 03:12 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by catalunya199again
you need to square your impreza away mate i was rolling from 70mph against one of these and by the time i had used 4th gear (uk car) i was about 2 cars ahead
Impreza Good god man! what do you think I am? Achav

My scoob is a 94 Legacy Turbo (allbeit with MY00 wheels, brakes, suspension & transmission), and it's 197+ horses are all present and correct

In my original post I wasn't talking about straight line drag races (which, to the naughty side of a ton would probably be an even match, but would prove **** all), I was talking about real world A to B pace, and IMO the ST would definitely have the beating of my scoob