Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Audi Q7

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2006, 03:58 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Q7

Has anyone got any experience, or sensible (constructive) comments?
Old 13 November 2006, 04:38 PM
Tilly
Scooby Regular

Yep, we've sold quite a few to footballers recently and so they're happy to opt for both petrols and diesels. They're smart cars, was looking at an S-Line 4.2 quattro we had in on friday, bonnie looking car with good lines and style, very smart inside and a nice ride. It's a shame audi aren't offering discounts on them at the moment but they're still very successful, cars are like rocking horse and are being factory ordered for february delivery at the moment. SE models come with leather and heated seats as standard but with only the 18" wheels whereas the range topping S-Line doesn't have the heated seats or full leather, it is instead half leather/half alcantara with 20" alloys and the S-Line body kit. Leather is an option but even with the standard half and half interior, its deffo the car to have but you need to opt for the technology and comms packs really for residual value and to finish the car off. Deffo a contender to the RR sports without a doubt (and without the creaks too I'm guessing)
Old 13 November 2006, 04:56 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

I ordered one a few weeks back, but i was looking at the Q7 vs Cayenne.
The local porsche dealership phoned me a few days later & offered me the deal of the century on the Cayenne. So i cancelled the Q7 & lost £500 which Porsche picked up.
The Q7 is a cracking car. Cayenne for me suited my needs a bit better & was available.
Good luck
Old 13 November 2006, 05:25 PM
Tilly
Scooby Regular

its worth looking at contract hire if you fancy a Q7. you can pick one up for £400 + vat a month for a basic model doing average mileage, S-Lines are around £460 + vat on 24 month contracts which comparable to other 4x4's out there (and any other cars for that matter) they're cheap motors, to say you're roughly paying £100 per month for every £10000 of metal is a good back for buck ratio compared to some deals out there. Deffo opt for one over a cayenne though (sorry sti-04!!) but residuals are dire on the cayennes

No doubt about it the Q7's are slowly but surely stealing the RR sports spotlight and albeit the RR sports are getting the TDV8 engine will will drag their life out a little longer, only the people silly enough to pay thousands extra will opt for them.

If I was to own a dealership for one single manufacturer at the moment, it would be audi, they really do have the market.
Old 13 November 2006, 07:05 PM
Simon S3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tilly
Deffo opt for one over a cayenne though (sorry sti-04!!) but residuals are dire on the cayennes
I think he got a cracking deal on a used Cayenne Turbo which to be honest is the only way to buy one of these cars.

The only advantage the Audi has over the Cayenne is the availability of a diesel engine. They certainly don`t look too good IMHO!

Personally I`d go for a used V10 Toureg if I were in the market.
Old 13 November 2006, 07:11 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

We toyed with the idea of a RR sport, and although its the wife that drives it most of the time, I do occassionally use the 4x4 and the diesel RR is just tooooo slow.

I've had a couple of CH quotes today, but a friend of mine told me to approach our local dealer with the best quote as they'd probs match it... although I doubt that would be the case if they're in short supply.

Thanks for the help guys
Old 13 November 2006, 07:13 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

Just to add- I've been using a Cayenne Turbo for a couple of weeks now, and if the car was for me then I might consider it, but the fuel usage is bloody ludicrous!
Old 13 November 2006, 07:22 PM
Simon S3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RRH
but the fuel usage is bloody ludicrous!
But that`s part and parcel for this type of car though!

Comically quick though aren`t they!
Old 13 November 2006, 08:40 PM
Tilly
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RRH
I've had a couple of CH quotes today, but a friend of mine told me to approach our local dealer with the best quote as they'd probs match it... although I doubt that would be the case if they're in short supply.

Thanks for the help guys
Be VERY careful, I know for a fact Audi cannot match or beat our quote on a contract hire basis. We are very close with all our dealers and often compare systems to find the cheapest option for the customer and in this case they cannot touch it. OurAudi dealership says we are so much cheaper that whoever is doing the deal must be getting a backhand discount on the cars because they can't get anywhere near (for peoples info, no Audi dealer will even give a discount on a Q7 at the moment!) The only way to match FIGURES and ONLY figures (on a different type of agreement, one with a final payment, NOT contract hire where you keep it for x amount of months then hand it back) is if they put it on a lease purchase. Listen extremely carefully to the words they use, they're slimey gets! They'll put most customers into a four year lease purchase which is perfectly fine but they dont tell you how unrealistic their balloons are (final payments which the customer IS liable for, thy should be based on the cars future trade value, Audi or any manufacturer for that matter will be biased about their own vehicles worths, just look at forecourt prices!)

They will match any monthly payment by simply inflating the balloon. One of my audi dealers had this discussion with me the other day and we ran a couple of like for like residuals on our systems for ****s and giggles and theirs was quoting between £3-6k more than ours and so their finance will allow them to use those higher balloon payments which in effect land the customer in severe negative equity but the way they get round it is sweet talk the customer and tell them how "oh in two years, just bring it back and you can swap into a new car" yes you can but how do they do it? One of two ways...

1. lumping and bumping - this is the term we use when someone is in negative equity, they take the negative and either roll it onto the metal ie. give the customer a discount on the car and then reinflate the cost price taking it back up to list price and invoice it separately or increase the finance rate which earns the salesman more commission, they then use this commission to pay off the negative equity. either way the customer has to pay it.

2. Tell the customer about a convenient clause that allows them to hand the car back and walk away after so long into the contract... This is what is called voluntary termination. When a ****e salesman who doesn't know their **** from their elbow has put together a finance deal in which the customer ends in negative equity, to save face when the customer is thousands out of pocket they tell themer about VT'ing; being able to hand the car back and walk away (voluntary termination), however... try getting finance again after this... not easy. When they sell you a new car, you will be passed on finance before VT'ing your previous contract and therefore not a problem, but next time round.... ouch! Think about it, someone somewhere has to pay the negative equity so by handing the car back the honour is passed onto the finance company. VT'ing will show on the customers credit searches in the future, although strictly it is not meant to harm a customer it will go against them because lets face it if you were a finance underwriter what would you think? "This customer VT'ed on a contract costing the finance company £x amount, what if they do it again... maybe its a bad idea giving them finance in case they VT on another contract"

Last edited by Tilly; 13 November 2006 at 08:50 PM.
Old 13 November 2006, 08:45 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

I think I'll stick with tried and tested contract hire in that case. Just need to find the best deal.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 13 November 2006, 08:49 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Range Rovers are chav vehicles. One of the company cleaners has one on his miniscule wage and today when we were doing some maintenance at a council hostel one of the people living there also had a range rover. Talk about getting your prioritese right. Also come across quite a few BMW owners in those hostels. those two marquees attract the scum of the earth.
Old 13 November 2006, 08:52 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

But at least they still have taste. The X5 is still king of the road.
Old 13 November 2006, 08:54 PM
Tilly
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RRH
I think I'll stick with tried and tested contract hire in that case. Just need to find the best deal.

Thanks for the heads up.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying lease purchase is bad, its not. 99% of the time it can be the best route on prestige cars but ONLY if the agreement is put together realistically with good residual values. Most of the time I would opt for a lease purchase, for example RR sports I would never contract hire and my own car (Merc C class) is on a lease purchase purely because it was much more cost effective but £400 + vat a month on a 24 month contract for a Q7? Yo'd have to be mad not to, you're talking high 600's and possibly early 7's on a lease purchase (although lease purchase figures are all inclusive and not subject to vat)
Old 13 November 2006, 09:00 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo
But at least they still have taste. The X5 is still king of the road.

the X5 is fcukin ugly. No one buys one cause its pretty. The scum also wear burberry, still think they have taste
Old 13 November 2006, 09:16 PM
Tilly
Scooby Regular

Nah X5's have had their day. As far as sales has been concerned (I'm not biased because we sell all makes and models) it has gone as follows:

X5's, RR's and ML's - X5's were king of the hill, RR's following closely behind and ML's well.... they were just dog**** weren't they

Cayennes and touaregs became an alternative for those who either had no **** and thought they looked better wasting more money on a depreciating box (cayenne) or those who wanted to stray from the norm and have something a little less common (touareg)

Then came the range rover sport, in time the HSE diesel took over the throne but as of recently sales have died down slightly especially now it is wearing thin with the 07MY being increased in price by around £2.5k OTR and a last desperate attempt to boost sales figures by producing a V8 diesel model which is soon to be released.

New ML's? Well like the last crock of ****, they're never going to make it are they? Along comes the Q7, currently "the one to have" and in my eyes will be for quite some time until a major facelift of the X5 or RR sport hits the market. The "new" X5 is my opinion is not a radical enough change in appearance to win back sales, it merely looks like a facelifted version. My money is on the Audi
Old 13 November 2006, 09:25 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

And there we have it ladies and gentlemen, a professional opinion.

Im also sure it will be a very very long time from now until the scuk start buying Q7's.
Old 13 November 2006, 09:41 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

My dads just had his Q7 delivered. He loves it, enjoying all the toys on it and getting involved with the paddle shift . He's got the s-line i think fully loaded with the leather package. I think a must extra is the panaromic roof, really opens the car up. If you got any specific questions i can ask him

some pics

Old 13 November 2006, 09:53 PM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

That looks lovely! If only!
Old 13 November 2006, 10:02 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

That is one ugly car. It must be the only 4x4 uglier than a cayenne.
Old 13 November 2006, 10:05 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Tilly
Cayennes and touaregs became an alternative for those who either had no **** and thought they looked better wasting more money on a depreciating box (cayenne)
With the deal i got, i dont think my residuals will be that bad
Old 13 November 2006, 10:06 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
That is one ugly car. It must be the only 4x4 uglier than a cayenne.
I thought that at first, but when you see them in the metal close up theyre actually very smart, but has to be said they are HUGE!

RR Sport is probably better looking still IMO, and its only the fact that you know the Q7 will be much better built and better engineered that lets it pip the RR Sport to the top of the tree.
Old 13 November 2006, 10:07 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Petem95
I thought that at first, but when you see them in the metal close up theyre actually very smart, but has to be said they are HUGE!

RR Sport is probably better looking still IMO, and its only the fact that you know the Q7 will be much better built and better engineered that lets it pip the RR Sport to the top of the tree.
There are far too many RR Sports on the road in my opinion.

Though i dont think Land Rover will be complaining.
Old 13 November 2006, 10:21 PM
jimbob6242
Scooby Regular

Guy's

Q7 or RR Sport, we will see who wins in the long run - If I was was putting money into antthing it would still be a RR sport, in fact values or used cars will actually rise this quarter due to the price increase on 07 model year. Q7 is really not pretty, and have had a few people who have driven them and found 3.0d as slow and not as refined as a 2.7TDV6. If your talking petrol then a R.R 4.2S/C is a fantastic car, think most would prefer it to a 4.2 Q7.

New ML is shocking you will get a deal on one which tells you everything really, just taken one in, how does 16K in 13months sound, ouch?.

Just a word or warning to anyone thinking of a V10 Touraeg - 2nd hand is the way foward and ALL Cayenne's pill money for Britain. Having Driven a TDV8 Sport on Launch you will want one! perfomance is stunning very nearly as quick as a S/C with same handling pack, infact midrange the really is very little in - get your orders in and you may even make a couple of quid!
Old 13 November 2006, 10:30 PM
Tilly
Scooby Regular

mate the ML you've taken in... is it a 270 CDi and is it black by any chance? If so I need it!!! Got a customer at the mo that needs a car, and typicaly we traded two on for 17 grand a couple of weeks ago, drop me a PM
Old 13 November 2006, 10:40 PM
jimbob6242
Scooby Regular

no but that is a car we take in all the time, will keep my eye out, ours is a 55plate in silver
Old 13 November 2006, 10:55 PM
Tilly
Scooby Regular

still... it may do, black was just a preference he said, please can you pm me specs and cost please he's passed on finance so just need a motor so bish bash bosh, bobs your uncle lol
Old 14 November 2006, 03:05 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Theres a reason why there are so many RR sports. Its because they are so bloody cheap.No wonder all the trash have one, no doubt paid with a 10yr loan
Old 14 November 2006, 07:27 PM
AudiHater
Scooby Regular

So the 3.0 TDI puts out far more emissions and is slower to 60 than an X5 3.0D that has been available for a number of years.

Audi still behind the German leader.
Old 14 November 2006, 07:46 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

and now take weight into consideration you dumb ****

Plus most audi engines put out far less emissions than BMW ones and once the next gen audis hit so will their next gen engines.
Old 14 November 2006, 07:58 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Can anyone who owns a Q7 comment on the ride, nearly every road test I have read slates the ride quality as too harsh and jiggly around town but still wallows and floats at high speed.
Have driven the latest Range Rover and Discovery and was impressed by both. I've had a passenger ride in a Touareg V10 and the ride and handling was no where near as good as a RR, just a shame about the useless old TD6 engine in the RR.
X5, have not tried one and don't intend to.

Cheers
Lee

Quick Reply: Audi Q7