Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Just Been Offered this for my Scoob

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2006, 08:25 PM
Optical Race
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Been Offered this for my Scoob

Pugeuot 206 GTi,2000 W in Dark Blue,67k miles,half leather,3 owners good history all old mot to verify milage,a/c,cd all the usual bits,just a good unabused 206,mot-07 taxed,
small kerb mark on nearside front wheel

My car is a 1997 Impreza 2000 Turbo Wagon thats currently on ebay...

Is it worth my time or not is the question, at the end of the day I want a 4 Door Saloon Scoob and was wondeirng if this would be worth my time, or if its something I could deal with.
Old 21 October 2006, 08:30 PM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

the 206 is prob worth abt £3200-3500, so you can decide! there are alot about so not easy to sell quick.
Old 21 October 2006, 09:01 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

You'll regret it. Peugeots are not consistently bottom of the JD Power survey for no reason. I've known 3 people with 206s and all them had loads of expensive problems.
Old 21 October 2006, 09:04 PM
Optical Race
Scooby Regular

K Guys,

Thanks for the advice, was considering it to sell on so I can get The 4 door Sallon but will leave well alone now.

Thanks

Regards

Chris
Old 22 October 2006, 10:07 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

could you pass on the details about the pug? my mate has been looking for one...
feel free to pm

also agree though - the 206 (IMHO) isn't a very rewarding car, plus there do seem to be alot asking silly money for them. In a different league to the Scoob.

Dan
Old 22 October 2006, 10:32 AM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

One thing you have to think about is your scooby is going to be a damn site more difficult to sell than a 206 GTI. Yes, it might not be the best car on the road, but it should have had all the major problems sorted under warrenty and be as trouble free as most cars of that age/mileage. I am guessing you won't be buying your car 4-door from a dealer so that means you have to sell your wagon. Personally, I would haggle a bit on the 206 and then try and sell that. It will have a much wider market, especially as it has all the right stamps in the log book.

Actually, have just re-read your description of the 206 and I would say definitely do the swap. It looks like a good 'un. Well cared for and easy to sell.
Old 22 October 2006, 12:12 PM
sulli
Scooby Regular

206 gtis are slow, cr@p to drive, unreliable and Peugeot should be boycotted anyway.
Old 22 October 2006, 01:42 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Well I would agree with all of those apart from crap to drive and slow. Yes, it is no rocket ship, but it does have a decent amount of pace. The 206GTI has never had fantastic reviews, but if you are buying with your head then this is a sensible swap. Who knows, he might like it or it might make him think of buying something else he would have otherwise dismissed. The swap will cost nothing and Peugeot PLC won't benefit at all - I agree that is a good thing.
Old 22 October 2006, 03:49 PM
Optical Race
Scooby Regular

MM Thanks for the input, if I was to go ahead with the swap I would only be looking at the GTi as a bargaining chip. I was thinking that it may be easier to sell than the Scoob or perhaps someone may even want to change from a Scoob to something along these lines. I have contacted a couple of people that have Impreza's that I would be happy with that are specifically looking for a 206 GTi. The guy that offered me the GTi is in no rush and really would like my Scoob for towing a F2000 race car so will await for replies with the guys with the Scoobs and go from there. Great input guys and thanks for the your time. Will update as things progress.

Regards

Chris
Old 22 October 2006, 04:19 PM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

sulli have you ever driven a 206 gti?????????? if so what are you comparing it to????? 0-60 in 7.4s isnt really slow now is it unless you are comparing it to the almighty scooby???????????
Old 22 October 2006, 04:24 PM
sulli
Scooby Regular

Yes I have. Hated it. Driving position and pedals poor, rattly cabin, skittish and slowish - i'd say nearer 8 secs to be honest. Whatever the 0-60/0-100 time, it didn't feel like you wanted to chuck it around or floor it. Much preferred my 1.9 Gti that was made 10 years before.
When we looked at them we ended up getting an Ibiza Cupra R (before we had kids see) and it that was quicker, handled better, looked better, and was rarer. Most cars i've had have been quicker anyway.
Old 22 October 2006, 04:46 PM
agent003
Scooby Regular

Am I being consistent here in saying this thread is in regards to market/sell on value and these discussions are irrelevant since he does not want to keep the pug

WBR
Old 23 October 2006, 11:48 AM
Optical Race
Scooby Regular

Now have just been offered an P Reg Audi A4 Avante 2.8 V6 Quattro Estate, Metallic Blue with 19" Alloys and cream leather interior. This is getting very confusing now..
Old 23 October 2006, 12:36 PM
BrettC
Scooby Regular

Just my 2ps worth Chris.

If the mileage and condition of the Audi are right mate, I would definately consider that sort of swop. That should be much easier to sell on so you can get your scoob saloon.

You may have already seen this but thought it might help.
Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro 5d Valuation - Parker's

Last edited by BrettC; 23 October 2006 at 12:42 PM.
Old 23 October 2006, 12:45 PM
Optical Race
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BrettC
Just my 2ps worth Chris.

If the mileage and condition of the Audi are right mate, I would definately consider that sort of swop. That should be much easier to sell on so you can get your scoob saloon.
Hi Mate,

Must admit that I am of the same thinking, heres some pics of the Audi:

Awaiting better quality pics and all the details, it does have full service history and the wheels and tires are virtually brand new.

Edit The parkers thing is a little disappointing but I am stuck atm with silly offers from ebay or swaping for cars as mentioned above..I dont have much fundage to add to whatever I end up with at the moment due to long term illness that I am now getting over.

Last edited by Optical Race; 23 October 2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old 23 October 2006, 01:19 PM
agent003
Scooby Regular

M8... I think the pug makes much more sense than this value wise and will be much easyer to shift/trade in than that oaf of a car.

PM me your auction number and reserve price (if any)

WBR
Old 23 October 2006, 01:50 PM
Optical Race
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by agent003
M8... I think the pug makes much more sense than this value wise and will be much easyer to shift/trade in than that oaf of a car.

PM me your auction number and reserve price (if any)

WBR
Hey Mate,

You may be right

PM'd you anyways..

Regards

Chris
Old 23 October 2006, 02:04 PM
BrettC
Scooby Regular

Chris

I agree those Parkers prices are a little dissapointing however just had a quick look on the autotrader and they all seem to be fetching pretty good money! (or at least being advertised for more than the Parker's valuation anyway).

Good luck mate
Old 23 October 2006, 02:15 PM
agent003
Scooby Regular

M8...I understand you are after a quick sale bont I dont think you done right with the buy now option or even less on that starting bid price.

In general my best advice would be... Start the auction on a Sunday evening for 7 days so that it finishes around the same time.. also dont put a buy now price (someone will most probably ask you this anyway if you want to end the auction early)... start bids @ lets say £500 and put the reserve of your choice.

All questions asked should also be left on the listing for others to see as to show the interest.

From what i seen on ebay, alot of the time i see alot of auctions running higher than some buy now equivalents at lower price

WBR
Old 24 October 2006, 01:59 AM
Optical Race
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by agent003
M8...I understand you are after a quick sale bont I dont think you done right with the buy now option or even less on that starting bid price.

In general my best advice would be... Start the auction on a Sunday evening for 7 days so that it finishes around the same time.. also dont put a buy now price (someone will most probably ask you this anyway if you want to end the auction early)... start bids @ lets say £500 and put the reserve of your choice.

All questions asked should also be left on the listing for others to see as to show the interest.

From what i seen on ebay, alot of the time i see alot of auctions running higher than some buy now equivalents at lower price

WBR
Thanks Mate, Will see how it goes then may try this. TBH getting fed up trying to sell my Scoob now. I mean it seems mission impoosible or theres something wrong with the Scoob.

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
could you pass on the details about the pug? my mate has been looking for one...
feel free to pm

also agree though - the 206 (IMHO) isn't a very rewarding car, plus there do seem to be alot asking silly money for them. In a different league to the Scoob.

Dan
Your inbox is full mate

Last edited by Optical Race; 24 October 2006 at 02:01 AM.
Old 24 October 2006, 02:30 AM
agent003
Scooby Regular

M8 from what i see there is nothing wrong with the scoob and you are being very honest about it (some people willse this as over selling )

To be honest with you ive was looking for a wrx for some time now and had to be in particular a wagon....All the ones inc saloons i saw on ebay get exactly the same attention as you are having and this is only due to the nature of the car being that most want to upgrade speed more than anything else.

Watever you do dont just give in to the first chav ..... if there is nothing wrong with the car then you should not feel/show that you are desperate to sell it, specially if as you say you are looking for a saloon.... one will alway be available providing you got the cash m8

WBR
Old 24 October 2006, 09:40 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

inbox cleared

Dan
Old 24 October 2006, 05:47 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

As a privaye seller the only reason to consider px is - a good deal or easier to shft, ideally both.

Remember you are doing them a favour by taking a px. A px at a dealer would be a low value, they know this so don't want to do it and won't you to offer more for their car.

I hate it. people these days want to get all the services of a dealer I.e. px, finance but want the private sellers value. I.e. cheaper car.

I'd consider the px offers and knock another £500 off. At the end of the day your helping them get the car they want and get shot of their car with no effort/cost!
Old 27 October 2006, 06:09 PM
Optical Race
Scooby Regular

Right,

Decided to stick to my guns and try and sell the Scoob. Sod all the Part-X crap.

Thanks for the help guys, very useful infomation but would no doubt lose out somewhere, I always do
Old 28 October 2006, 10:54 AM
craigmk2crx
Scooby Regular

Location: nice quiet village just outside Huddersfield surrounded by lovely A & B roads

Lad at work has got a 206 GTI 180. Hardly any quicker than the normal GTi. I prefered both the 205 1.9GTi's i had, even if the interior did rattle like mad

BTW, he's thinkin of selling to buy a Scooby

Craig