Nissan 350z

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2006, 06:55 PM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Nissan 350z

Wheres the cheapest place to get one?

Also does anybody know what the differences are in the UK model and the Jap model (Fairlady)?

Also is there much difference in the base model and the GT?
Old 05 July 2006, 07:02 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ring my cousin Andy @ Richmond Motor Company (North Yorkshire) Tell him Matthew gave you his number - he'll sort you out a decent price

He did with mine anyway

01748 850888
Old 06 July 2006, 06:58 PM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terzo 333
Ring my cousin Andy @ Richmond Motor Company (North Yorkshire) Tell him Matthew gave you his number - he'll sort you out a decent price

He did with mine anyway

01748 850888
Cheers mate. I tried him, but he seems to be very busy!
Old 06 July 2006, 08:50 PM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

he seems to be very busy!
I'm still waiting for a call from Andy, and we visited in May 2005...

We were recommended by Les at SG Petch (Richmond), having bought 6 Imprezas from him/them in the past, and we told him we absolutely/definitely were buying a 350Z. Our last Scoob was on our drive and looking to head out as a trade in ASAP!

Smashing car, crap dealers. To give Andy his due, we're still waiting for Reg Vardy (Nissan) Darlington and Benfield (Nissan) Newcastle to come back to us too... All we asked for, was a delivery date on a Gunmetal/Black Leather 350Z GT. No test drive, happy with the trade in figure on an 04 Impreza WRX PPP - from all of them.

No response, so I started to wonder why spend £2K more on a 2 seater that is slower, smaller, has less grip etc etc? We headed back to Les and took delivery of a new 05 STi UK with free PPP. 14K miles and 12 months on, Scoob No 7's doing fine. 350Z? Never again; my time's too valuable.

Cheers
Old 07 July 2006, 10:03 AM
Kuro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CyprusScooby
Wheres the cheapest place to get one?

Also does anybody know what the differences are in the UK model and the Jap model (Fairlady)?

Also is there much difference in the base model and the GT?
Cheapest route is import as always - have a look at this forum for more info: http://www.350z-uk.com/forums/index....2ff0a282825bb6

There's a few differences between UK and Import, the Import has a smaller radiator, smaller fuel tank - and there are more versions/specs. In the UK we have Base and GT - Imports are Base, S, ST etc.

Take one for a test drive, they are a completely different beast to the Scooby
Old 07 July 2006, 10:08 AM
Kuro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Castrol
so I started to wonder why spend £2K more on a 2 seater that is slower, smaller, has less grip etc etc?
It's whatever floats yer boat really

I'll probably return to Scoobies at some point, in fact definately as the family element becomes more important.

But for now, the Zed is just what I'm after, it's quick enough, refined and doesn't attract the kind of attention that the Scooby used to
Old 07 July 2006, 10:45 AM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

I'm not knocking the 350Z, after all we told the boss of the garage who'd supplied us with 6 new Imprezas:

we absolutely/definitely were buying a 350Z
Whilst he had nothing to gain from such a sale, he introduced us to the Nissan dealer in his town. Shame that the dealer along with others in the North East, couldn't be bothered to close the deal.

Nissans? They must be flying out of the showrooms...
Old 07 July 2006, 11:30 AM
Kuro
Scooby Regular

yeah, the dealers are pretty pants
Old 07 July 2006, 11:32 AM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Castrol
I'm still waiting for a call from Andy, and we visited in May 2005...

We were recommended by Les at SG Petch (Richmond), having bought 6 Imprezas from him/them in the past, and we told him we absolutely/definitely were buying a 350Z. Our last Scoob was on our drive and looking to head out as a trade in ASAP!

Smashing car, crap dealers. To give Andy his due, we're still waiting for Reg Vardy (Nissan) Darlington and Benfield (Nissan) Newcastle to come back to us too... All we asked for, was a delivery date on a Gunmetal/Black Leather 350Z GT. No test drive, happy with the trade in figure on an 04 Impreza WRX PPP - from all of them.

No response, so I started to wonder why spend £2K more on a 2 seater that is slower, smaller, has less grip etc etc? We headed back to Les and took delivery of a new 05 STi UK with free PPP. 14K miles and 12 months on, Scoob No 7's doing fine. 350Z? Never again; my time's too valuable.

Cheers
Well done you
Old 08 July 2006, 10:20 AM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kuro
Cheapest route is import as always - have a look at this forum for more info: http://www.350z-uk.com/forums/index....2ff0a282825bb6

There's a few differences between UK and Import, the Import has a smaller radiator, smaller fuel tank - and there are more versions/specs. In the UK we have Base and GT - Imports are Base, S, ST etc.

Take one for a test drive, they are a completely different beast to the Scooby
Tried to the local Nissan Dealers in Cardiff but they dont have a 350z for a test drive and only get a loan of one from Nissan once in a blue moon!

Andy did phone me, but a 3 year old 350z only seems to be £1k cheaper than a brand new one!!!!!!!

Would think about an import, but I remember all the hassles I had importing my Scooby over and dont fancy it again!
Old 08 July 2006, 11:11 AM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

I found it no problem to get a test drive (and I only needed one). It was some kind of deal that was the problem.
Old 08 July 2006, 11:47 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

I have a friend with one for sale japanese with factory bose stereo, DVD, sat-nav, TV rearview camera etc and I think his is 16k with warranty available.
Bit bit far perhaps from you though.
Old 09 July 2006, 05:54 PM
gazza wrx
Scooby Regular

how much would u pay for this one

this is one i built but it now has full nismo body kit,blitz exhaust,bride seats and carbon bonnet
Old 10 July 2006, 12:51 PM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gazza wrx
how much would u pay for this one
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...Picture039.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...Picture040.jpg
this is one i built but it now has full nismo body kit,blitz exhaust,bride seats and carbon bonnet
I quite like that!
Nice wheels as well. Although the number plate recess in the rear bumper looks a tad too big compaired to the UK version one.
Old 10 July 2006, 12:52 PM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
I have a friend with one for sale japanese with factory bose stereo, DVD, sat-nav, TV rearview camera etc and I think his is 16k with warranty available.
Bit bit far perhaps from you though.
Not a bad price. Does he have it advertised for sale anywhere?
Any pics?