Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Scooby 1, S2000 nil

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2006, 05:22 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Scooby 1, S2000 nil

I had a great game of ‘keep up’ with a scooby today in the S2000. It was a normal WRX with what looked like a magnex backbox and what sounded like a full-decat. I think it was a blobeye. I caught up to him at Drem and we drove over the hills (twisties) to Haddington. The road is a fairly narrow, tight and twisty affair with no long straights and frequent deposits of muck and grit/dust. I had driven it earlier in the day pretty hard and had several ‘moments’ with the back end existing corners.

First of my excuses All four tyres on my car are pretty shady at the moment with the backend becoming more wayward every day. The turn in the S2000 is usually quite superior to scoobys but seems to grip from the inside edges and they are SP Kojack just now. I really should change them but on the basis the baldness can’t be seen I’ve been trying to ‘stretch’ them a little

We started our run with him in front up a long straight and I felt even with the roof down I could push him along. This is to be expected as my car usually has any new shape scoob with less than 280bhp in a straight-line. Braking was about even and was dictated by tyre grip rather than brute force but I definitely carried a little less speed into the corners owing to lack of turn in bite. It was the exit I got creamed on though! Every time I got the car balanced on the throttle he just punched it straight through the apex and out the other side. I tried my luck a few times to get on the power earlier and that resulted in two minor and one major moment trying to catch the rear end and only cost me more ground. We got separated by a lorry and I had to wait to get past whilst he disappeared. I tried to make up the ground but I’m pretty sure it was about even or that I was losing more.

I’d love to have a rematch on a summer road (i.e. no mud/grit) and with non-worn tyres but in these less than ideal conditions (i.e 85% of the time in Scotland) you just can’t f*ck with a scooby or evo on those sorts of roads

Was good fun to try though

P.S. We weren't going utterly crazy before the tree-huggers start
Old 10 February 2006, 05:25 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like it was fun

very big of you to admit you got done - sure next time you will have him
Old 10 February 2006, 05:28 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I've never had a problem with admitting that. I know in different conditions/roads the advantage would be mine, etc. I also just enjoy a bit of banter and its never about winning or losing for me.
Old 10 February 2006, 05:56 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

But with the wind in your hair, that two seater sports feeling, about 10mpg more and no burberry to be seen, I know where I'd rather be
Old 10 February 2006, 06:05 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

shame they have dropped the S2000 IMO
Old 10 February 2006, 06:10 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Thats the trouble with RWD cars on these damp roads, Had a play with a Nissan 200SX the otherday and the backend kept kicking out which was not a nice sight to see when I was behind him.
Old 10 February 2006, 06:55 PM
BigAl024
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
I had a great game of ‘keep up’ with a scooby today in the S2000. It was a normal WRX with what looked like a magnex backbox and what sounded like a full-decat. I think it was a blobeye. I caught up to him at Drem and we drove over the hills (twisties) to Haddington. The road is a fairly narrow, tight and twisty affair with no long straights and frequent deposits of muck and grit/dust. I had driven it earlier in the day pretty hard and had several ‘moments’ with the back end existing corners.

First of my excuses All four tyres on my car are pretty shady at the moment with the backend becoming more wayward every day. The turn in the S2000 is usually quite superior to scoobys but seems to grip from the inside edges and they are SP Kojack just now. I really should change them but on the basis the baldness can’t be seen I’ve been trying to ‘stretch’ them a little

We started our run with him in front up a long straight and I felt even with the roof down I could push him along. This is to be expected as my car usually has any new shape scoob with less than 280bhp in a straight-line. Braking was about even and was dictated by tyre grip rather than brute force but I definitely carried a little less speed into the corners owing to lack of turn in bite. It was the exit I got creamed on though! Every time I got the car balanced on the throttle he just punched it straight through the apex and out the other side. I tried my luck a few times to get on the power earlier and that resulted in two minor and one major moment trying to catch the rear end and only cost me more ground. We got separated by a lorry and I had to wait to get past whilst he disappeared. I tried to make up the ground but I’m pretty sure it was about even or that I was losing more.

I’d love to have a rematch on a summer road (i.e. no mud/grit) and with non-worn tyres but in these less than ideal conditions (i.e 85% of the time in Scotland) you just can’t f*ck with a scooby or evo on those sorts of roads

P.S. We weren't going utterly crazy before the tree-huggers start

I'm aroused for you. Can I have your autograph?
Old 10 February 2006, 06:56 PM
ewanrw
Scooby Regular

Saxo Boy, where you from ?

Am down Dunbar way.
Old 10 February 2006, 07:01 PM
deuchars
Scooby Regular

Pah blaming the corners on old tyres;P. Shows just how quick your S2000 is in the right hands.

If your giving an autograph to bigal i want one to.

colin
Old 10 February 2006, 08:20 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Sounds like an interesting day......

I had a great game of ‘keep it up’ with a babe today using my fantastic power. It was a normal bird with what looked like a enhanced backbox and what sounded like a full-horn. I think she was on the blob. I caught up to her at Dribblein and we rode over the hills (twisties) to Herplace. The passage is a fairly narrow, tight and twisty affair with no long straights and frequent deposits of batter and grit/dust. I had ridden it earlier in the day pretty hard and had several ‘moments’ with the back end when exiting corners.

First off my excuses All two ***** on my bod are pretty bald at the moment and my backend is becoming more wayward every day. The bend on my X200 model is usually quite superior to most mens but seems to grip from the inside edges and they are SP Kojack (shaved) just now. I really should get it sorted but on the basis the baldness can’t be seen I’ve been having to ‘scratch’ them a little

We started our ride with her in front up a long straight and I felt even with the roof pulled back I could push her along. This is to be expected as my equipment usually has any bird with less than 36CC in a straight-line. Stopping was about even and was dictated by grip rather than brute force but I definitely carried a little less excitement into the corners owing to lack of turn in bite. It was the exit she got creamed on though! Every time I got it balanced on the thrust she just punched it straight through the apex and out the other side. I tried my luck a few times to get on the power earlier and that resulted in two minor and one major moments trying to catch the rear end and only cost me more ground. We got separated by a lorry driver and I had to wait to get past whilst he he had his fun up there too. I tried to make up the ground but I’m pretty sure it was about even or that I was losing more firmness.

I’d love to have a rematch come the summer time (i.e. mud/grit all washed out) and with non-worn rubber but in these less than ideal conditions (i.e soaking as is normal most of the time with birds in Scotland) you just can’t f*ck with a bird on those sorts of terms.

P.S. We weren't going utterly crazy before the love-huggers start, and I promise to wear fresh rubber next time

Last edited by imlach; 10 February 2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10 February 2006, 08:36 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brings a tear to my eye, performance car owners being reasonable and sensible.
Old 10 February 2006, 09:26 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I'm from Edinburgh but I work in Haddington and I'm down Dunbar way from time to time - actually due to head out that way sometime next week. I love the new straight on the A1 just after Haddington - I'd say vmax could be reached in any car on that badboy.

Imlach we nearly killed 3 cyclists and 2 dog walkers

Col, shut it

BigAl I'm a ned with a low IQ so this is all I can manage...........X
Old 10 February 2006, 09:29 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
Imlach we nearly killed 3 cyclists and 2 dog walkers
I suggest you read my post more carefully
Old 10 February 2006, 10:06 PM
easyrider
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by imlach
I suggest you read my post more carefully
LOL- i nearly missed that
Old 10 February 2006, 11:17 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dynamix
?????????????????????

It's still being sold.
Old 11 February 2006, 12:18 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dynamix
Another couple of years yet?!
Old 11 February 2006, 01:21 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

The 2006 model is just coming out with the usual subtle revisions so its not been dropped.

Yes imlach I read your post, very funny But you've got me all wrong, I bareback
Old 11 February 2006, 11:20 AM
ewanrw
Scooby Regular

The new road is awesome. There are some bumps on it that could catch you out tho'.

The police are getting wise me thinks as they have a hugely increased presence. Up until recently, there had been very few traffic cars to be seen, but now there is two cars circling between dunbar and haddington throughout busy periods.

ewan