Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

civic type r V EVO 6

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2005, 01:09 PM
crush her
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic type r V EVO 6

On my bike this Saturday around bluewater and saw a white Evo 6 right up a silver civic type R’s behind…… all well within the speed limit. A couple of roundabouts later and this Evo had gone horrifically backwards (and a bit sideways) and the Honda pulled away. What I saw next defies belief. The Honda got caught behind a white van and the Evo decides to fly past the Honda and van. Unfortunately the idiot Evo driver didn’t realise that the road was about to run out………….screeching and smoke from all 4 tyres later and coming to a complete standstill and white van man was giving him some abuse.

Do people really need to beat somebody this badly?!

Old 08 August 2005, 02:30 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Well if it was a proper EVO and not a Nev'd up standard Lancia then the driver should be ashamed way before the breaking incident. should wipe the floor with a civic type r. probaly borrwed of his dad for a bit of a sneeky drive, didnt know what he was doing!
Old 08 August 2005, 03:24 PM
crush her
Scooby Regular

I've seen him before Wez he wasn't young, nearer mid-life crisis !
Old 08 August 2005, 04:19 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Well if it was a proper EVO and not a Nev'd up standard Lancia then the driver should be ashamed way before the breaking incident. should wipe the floor with a civic type r. probaly borrwed of his dad for a bit of a sneeky drive, didnt know what he was doing!
True mate. But if the type r had a JRS fitted it would have given the evo a run for it's money! They come out at about 250bhp, and only weigh 1204kg.
dave
Old 08 August 2005, 06:36 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by misty
True mate. But if the type r had a JRS fitted it would have given the evo a run for it's money! They come out at about 250bhp, and only weigh 1204kg.
dave
Now I would like go in one of them! I coudn't have a type R or any of the Rev-o-matic hot hatches owing to the lack of torque, but a supercharger conversion would sort that. I would have thought the EVO should beat it comfortably in the bends though, the Type R is a FWD afterall and should understeer quite e bit before the Evo will let go....assuming good tyres on the Evo of course - oh,m and a driver who has a vague idea of how to drive it!

Bluewater is certainly not the place for those kind of antics though.

NS04
Old 08 August 2005, 07:19 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Now I would like go in one of them! I coudn't have a type R or any of the Rev-o-matic hot hatches owing to the lack of torque, but a supercharger conversion would sort that. I would have thought the EVO should beat it comfortably in the bends though, the Type R is a FWD afterall and should understeer quite e bit before the Evo will let go....assuming good tyres on the Evo of course - oh,m and a driver who has a vague idea of how to drive it!

Yeh I know what you mean mate!! I've just sold my CTR, After the evo it was soooooooo slow and soooooooooo noisy!!! Crackin engine and box though. Quite a tidy handler as well. Gone down the grandad road now bought a 330i se, all the toys and non of the noise!!
dave
Old 09 August 2005, 04:05 PM
RB170
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04

NS04
This is a common misconception, the CTR just does not understeer at all and if he's bothered get a scharger on it then i wouldn't be surprised if he's done something to the suspension
Old 09 August 2005, 05:08 PM
leonpoole
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by misty
Yeh I know what you mean mate!! I've just sold my CTR, After the evo it was soooooooo slow and soooooooooo noisy!!! Crackin engine and box though. Quite a tidy handler as well. Gone down the grandad road now bought a 330i se, all the toys and non of the noise!!
dave
I would say you have moved away from the grandad route. The average age of honda drivers is about 60
Old 09 August 2005, 11:16 PM
crush her
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by leonpoole
I would say you have moved away from the grandad route. The average age of honda drivers is about 60
Well it needs to be reliable for when collecting their pension