Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Skyline Alignment/Caster

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2005, 09:52 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skyline Alignment/Caster

Sorry for posting here and suspension section, but was hoping for a quick reply as the car is going in tomorrow!

I've got the car in tomorrow for the whiteline camber kit fitting and alignment, but just having a look at my last settings from when I had a Tein Super Street kit fitted, I've noticed theres a degree of difference between the castor angles between front left and right. Left being 4.45 and right being 3.41. (with preferred settings being 3.10min 3.55pref 4.40max).

Obviously its not far out from the settings but will the 1 degree difference on each side cause any issues? I'm aware you can get a similar caster bush kit from whiteline that allows up to 1.5 degrees adjustment and if it created an issue, it would make more sense to get hold of that too so it can be done same time and avoid having to get the alignment done again.

What would caster effect on the road?

I do find the car "pulls" quite badly and really follows ruts/camber etc of the road, really veers left towards the kerb if I let go of the wheel! I was hoping that this would have been cured or made better by getting the camber aligned better, or will the caster effect that?

Cheers
Neil

(nb - camber is currently -1.29 front left, -2.05 front right with preferred settings being min -1.35 pref -0.50 max -0.05 - so I was looking to get them both adjusted down to about -1.05)