Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

had a go in a mates evo 4

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 2004, 02:36 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default had a go in a mates evo 4

and I have to say honestly im not impressed at all!

ive always admired from a distance knowing that if I was to sit in one/drive one Id have to have one, i love the shape of them (specially the 4).

my mate just said have a blast, so I did, the take of wasnt as quick as my scoob, top end felt faster, but getting there and middle wasnt upto the scoob at all.

I must admit I liked the noise the engine made whilst in high revs, sounded just like the rally car, just couldnt hear the exhaust note at all, whilst in the scoob at lower revs the engine sounds ok ish, but at higher revs the engine sings and the exhaust sounds fantastic (blitz nur spec).

anyone else have anything to add to this?

its not a hate evo thread, cus I always wave to evos and still like the shape (of the 4).

your thoughts........................

jamo
Old 02 December 2004, 02:39 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What model do you have? and mods?
Was the 4 standard?
Old 02 December 2004, 03:01 PM
catalunya199again
Scooby Regular

yeah what mods and year scoob you have there is a bird (thing) around here with one we havent gone head to head yet so need to no what sort of out come will happen
Old 02 December 2004, 03:41 PM
nellie
Scooby Regular

same old thing,a standard evo will be quicker than a standard scoob(uk)275hp V 215hp,even if the UK was PPPd still only 245ish(classic non sti),if you have a PPPd STI 7/8 then there would be nothing in it,but everyone knows the delivery of power from the evo is totally different than the scoob,no kick in the back,when i bought my FQ330 i thought it was slower than my PPPd STI7,but after going up against a few PPPd scoobs i know the EVO is quicker off the mark and pulls away till 80-90ish then the gap near enough stays the same,without any question my FQ is a quicker car,but then again its not standard any more,nearly 380hp now,so the gap will be even bigger now,im talking about a standard scoob,but with ohlins and 380hpim sure my evo will out handle a sccob of similiar spec.With all the suspension mods i did to my STI,roll bars,strut braces,anti lift kit,prodrive springs,droplinks etc,out of the box a evo will handle better a standard scoob,but if you mod one and not the other the modded car is obviously going to feel quicker handle better,but 2 standard cars the evo will be quicker and handle better.....

Last edited by nellie; 02 December 2004 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02 December 2004, 03:53 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

and I have to say honestly im not impressed at all!

ive always admired from a distance knowing that if I was to sit in one/drive one Id have to have one, i love the shape of them (specially the 4).

my mate just said have a blast, so I did, the take of wasnt as quick as my scoob, top end felt faster, but getting there and middle wasnt upto the scoob at all.

I must admit I liked the noise the engine made whilst in high revs, sounded just like the rally car, just couldnt hear the exhaust note at all, whilst in the scoob at lower revs the engine sounds ok ish, but at higher revs the engine sings and the exhaust sounds fantastic (blitz nur spec).

its not a hate evo thread, cus I always wave to evos and still like the shape (of the 4).

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!! Same old story!!! My scoobs faster than your evo. My evo will kill your scoob!! My dads bigger than your dad!!! When will you learn that the scoob and the evo are two rally bred cars very similar to each other, and I don't think after owning scoobs for two years and an evo v for six months that you can make your mind up after one blast down the road. My V would have pi**ed all over my bugeye, and my my/00 ppp. But against a JDM scoob there would be very little to choose between them.
dave

Flame suit out of the cupboard

Last edited by misty; 03 December 2004 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02 December 2004, 03:54 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=misty][quote]and I have to say honestly im not impressed at all!

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!! Same old story!!! My scoobs faster than your evo. My evo will kill your scoob!! My dads bigger than your dad!!! When will you learn that the scoob and the evo are two rally bred cars very similar to each other, and I don't think after owning scoobs for two years and an evo v for six months that you can make your mind up after one blast down the road. My V would have pi**ed all over my bugeye, and my my/00 ppp. But against a JDM scoob there would be very little to choose between them.
dave

Chill out dave
Old 02 December 2004, 04:12 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Chill out dave

dave
Old 02 December 2004, 06:41 PM
backdoors
Scooby Regular

I don't know what's worse..........the same old topic or the same old EVO owners plugging the same old arguments
Old 02 December 2004, 06:50 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by backdoors
I don't know what's worse..........the same old topic or the same old EVO owners plugging the same old arguments
Or a newbie poking their nose in
Old 02 December 2004, 06:54 PM
Darbo_wrx
Scooby Regular

ive had a few of both all imports
the std evo4 will outgun and 260bhp scooby
handling wise the evo will blow the scooby away
put a mines ecu in a 260 bhp scooby and itll out drag the evo and sound better
put some bends in the road and evo wins

im comparing like for like powered cars 10 bhp in it maybee

the new tommi mak just makes scoobys feel slow i can jump in a sti-ra and its quick but never feels really quick
problem is more power you get- more you want-take a step back and you miss the power you once had

still my sti-ra with evo6 fm intercooler/dogbox/proflex im sure will be fun

back on topic the std evo 4 gsr is better than any std scooby of the same Manufactured year
Old 03 December 2004, 12:08 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

[QUOTE=misty][quote]and I have to say honestly im not impressed at all!

dave

you really need to read my first post again.

its not the same old story, as its the first time ive made comment on anything like this.

I really like the evo (4) it looks great i love the styling and the interior is very good, a lot more comfy than the classic scoob.

its more to the fact that I have a similarly aged impreza classic import with mild mods, and he has a mildly modded 4, yeah it was just a blast up the road, not a 20 mile thrash (would have been nice to).

I have found out since writing this, that he uses standard fuel and not super fuel, would this make a huge difference? I dont know if there meant to use the super fuel like the imprezas? I said I would if i were you, so he says he will try it from now on.

oh, and the guy who owns the evo agreed after he had a go in mine, that the take off and mid range performance were better on mine!

so its not the same old argument you see, i like evos but own a scoob, and my mate who owns an evo said the scoob felt quiicker on take off.
Old 03 December 2004, 08:34 AM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

He should use super unleaded not normal unleaded
Old 03 December 2004, 01:06 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

its not the same old story, as its the first time ive made comment on anything like this.
I didn't mean you personally!! I meant the thread in general has been done to death.
dave
Old 03 December 2004, 01:42 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor