Anybody used Motorpoint?

Search this Thread

Old 05 October 2004, 07:26 PM
Jamesemt
Scooby Regular

Location: Ibiza TDI - Causing a smokescreen on a back road near you
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody used Motorpoint?

I'm looking at a Skoda VRS and Motorpoint have quoted me a brilliant price and 2 weeks waiting time...

Anyone had any dealings with them? They want £500 deposit which I am a bit dubious about handing over the phone...

James
Old 05 October 2004, 07:39 PM
eldudereno
Scooby Regular

Brother and sister have both bought new cars from Motorpoint with no probs at all.
Old 05 October 2004, 07:54 PM
TRF
Scooby Regular

Yep i got my car there, my mum got hers and a mate got his there too. Gave me top doller for my old car, £6500 for a 2year old MGZR 105, when new ones on their front were only £8k. Only prob i had was the tax disc was delayed, something to do with customs doing a check on the car. Aperently they do it now and then.

£500 is alot for the deposit though, they only wanted £300 from me..unless you are taking their finance? (i got a loan so paid them outright)
Old 05 October 2004, 08:06 PM
Rob Walker
Scooby Regular

I was going to buy a brand new Octavia VRS from them but they offered me a really crap trade in price (£2500 for a 99T Focus 1.8 Zetec) so I got something different somewhere else and got £1000 more for my focus...
Old 06 October 2004, 06:06 AM
Simon S3
Scooby Regular

Yep, I also got a very low PX price quoted for myold Golf 1.8T, in the end I badgered a main VW dealer and bought from them for about 500 quid more.
Old 06 October 2004, 08:42 AM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

Bought a car from them this year for the missus - it's a bit 'no frills', but I've had no problems at all.

All the best

Matt
Old 06 October 2004, 09:36 AM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

My dad got a Skoda Octavia from them a couple of years back, no probs at all. It was a straight cash sale, no PX.
Old 06 October 2004, 10:24 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Yep and no probs with them other thasn took a while to get the UK/European warranty documents sorted on a volvo but resloved without any hastle in the end.
Old 06 October 2004, 10:41 AM
lucky_strike
Scooby Regular

Had a Golf 4Motion from them a few years ago. £4K saving on UK price at the time, no hassle. The part ex was lower than anywhere else but only by £500 on the car I had so still far better value.

I guess the only problems and stories you hear are when things go wrong. I wouldn't expect too much in the way of service from them but providing your happy to get the car (if it's a euro import) registered with the UK mftr or dealers you can forget about Motorpoint after the sale and just deal with the service dept. at your local dealer.
Old 06 October 2004, 11:49 AM
brybusa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lucky_strike
Had a Golf 4Motion from them a few years ago. £4K saving on UK price at the time, no hassle. The part ex was lower than anywhere else but only by £500 on the car I had so still far better value.

I guess the only problems and stories you hear are when things go wrong. I wouldn't expect too much in the way of service from them but providing your happy to get the car (if it's a euro import) registered with the UK mftr or dealers you can forget about Motorpoint after the sale and just deal with the service dept. at your local dealer.
Yep, my bro bought a Clio 172 from them, UK spec import, registered it with Renualt(and got an extra years warranty by doing so I think)

He did have a couple of small probs with the car, but they resolved them with no hassle, loan car etc

An interesting point is on the last 2 import vehicles my bro and I have owned is when we have come to PX them, thru an error by both salesman(2 different garages) we have got a PX deal as equal or better than if the car/bike was a "full" UK model

I think my bro got 10K for this Clio on PX,which was more or less what he paid for it from Motorpoint the year before, he did tell the salesman it was an import when he asked, but he didnt listen/take it in

The dealer ship I used never asked if it it was an import, so I didnt say nowt...........