Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Well ive got the Clio back......

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2003, 10:45 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

....and funnily enough it is still making the same clonking noises from the rear suspension that it has the 6 previous times its been in.

When i asked if it was test driven, the dealer replied "oh yea, it was sir". I asked if the engineer had ear muffs on or was stone deaf cos i could hear it 20 yds from the dealer on the roundabout at 20 mph. Its going back AGAIN next Thursday and this time i will take the engineer out in it. And I have insisted that I will not be accepting the car back until its fixed to my satisfaction.

And also the in-dash CD player has given up too.....

Roll on February for the Seat....
Old 08 December 2003, 12:24 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Druddle - cd player went in ours. Thought nothing of it until next morning when the car wouldnt start....excellent. Another componenent not covered by warranty.

Simon.
Old 08 December 2003, 12:38 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Well I have one thing to say to Renault...

Changed the pic at Scotts request

[Edited by druddle - 12/8/2003 4:47:53 PM]
Old 08 December 2003, 12:46 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Old 08 December 2003, 12:55 PM
Cupramax
Scooby Regular

Smile

I'm sure Scott will be pleased with the free advertising
Old 08 December 2003, 12:59 PM
jaywagon
Scooby Regular

Its a shame because the Cup is such a good car to drive.
Its a pity that Renault couldn't give a to55 about its customers and cannot build a car that lasts longer than a week without it developing a fault.

Never buying a french car again.

Jason
Old 08 December 2003, 02:03 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

lol

Car belongs to Scott (Syphon), one of SeatCupra.net's mods. Scott's car always looks so clean in every pic I've seen, even on track, so i thought i had to include it.

Dave
Old 08 December 2003, 08:56 PM
AllyBally
Scooby Newbie

Sure its rear suspention my 172 sport suffered from clunking and it was an engine mount . I work for Renault Sales in Aberdeen and never had a prob with the ones i have sold apart from engine mounts and yeah they were covered . a one year old car should be covered for mostly everything but year two onwards is just partial cover as per warranty book. where did you buy it?
Old 08 December 2003, 09:17 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

The car is about 2.5 yrs old now. Got it from Fish Brothers in Reading. Already had an engine mount replaced and that didnt fix it. Also had 2 sets of rear shocks, wheel arch linings, rear silencer and rear seat catches replaced.

What bothers me is that they always say its been road tested and is fixed, and yet when i get in it it clearly isnt fixed.

Dave
Old 09 December 2003, 09:11 PM
AllyBally
Scooby Newbie

Sorry to hear you have had so much grief I am a big Renault Fan i had a 5 gtt a williams and a 172 .Now work for them so sold them all to get a scooby .....only regret selling my beloved 5 cant wait till boss puts on a V6 as a Demo ....if hes doesent I can buy one for 24k with my discount getting itchy feet ....lol
Better luck with the Seat . just please tell me u wont come to trade it in to me and say...."you know this is just like a VW ..." as a Salesman that f's me off if they were so proud of them they'd be VASSG =volkswagon audi seat skoda group but then they wouldnt want vw or audis name dragged down .
Dont get me wrong I love Seat ....rant over
Old 11 December 2003, 11:58 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Well i took the car in today and they first tried to tell me the knocking was a characteristic of the car.

My reply was "B0ll0cks is it." They now say that as they (Baldocks in Bracknell) and Fish Brothers have had 7 attempts between them to fix it then they have given up. They have called in Renault Technical (sort of like the A Team but much less effective) but they say that they will want to take the suspension apart (no **** sherlock) and as the car is not under warranty any more, someone will have to pay. When i pointed out the car has a 3 year warranty they said "ahh but not for the suspension". I remarked on what a poor show it all is.

I told them about the CD player. That also is out of warranty. Apparently it is only in warranty for 1 year. I told the dealer they were full of **** and that I cant be ar5ed to bring the car in and argue any more. I will drive it until Feb when it goes back and if it falls apart I will be sueing them for any damages.

Have yet to call the lease company and give them the good news.
Old 11 December 2003, 12:46 PM
Cupramax
Scooby Regular

Red face

Blimey, the joys of Renault ownership eh!!!... I've had nothing but great service from SEAT when anythings gone wrong with the Leon. What dealer you getting yours from Dave?
Old 11 December 2003, 12:57 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

I am not sure mate, i think the dealer in Datchet (Lex ???) will as they are the closest to me.

I will shortly be starting the destruction testing on the Clio. Top speed in each gear (including reverse), how long i can drive it on the rev limiter before it overheats, brake tests, all those things...
Old 11 December 2003, 02:18 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Disgraceful attitude - I'll NEVER own a renault.
Old 14 December 2003, 10:43 PM
FrenchBoy
Scooby Regular

Bit harsh mate...
I've just come from a mark 1 172 and apart from the power steering (went at about 20k) and the exhaust making a nasty rattle around 4000 revs, and a mysterious knocking sound when taking a left hand corner really hard, and appaling service from the ****wits at renault (doesnt matter which dealership i went to, they were all *****) - i really loved it!! had it two and a half years and loved every minute of it.

if i could afford the cash (and put up with no space to put anything, ever) i would be seriously tempted by the new v6.