Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

You thought Subaru garages were bad, Western Mitsubishi are a bunch of cowboys!!

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2003, 07:23 PM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The_Gza, you saying hi to me
edited coz I'm stupid

[Edited by New To Scoob - 7/5/2003 7:24:54 PM]
Old 04 July 2003, 09:34 AM
Spanpody.
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

My Evo was booked into Western Mitsubishi (Edinburgh) Ralliart Approved!! on Friday for an Oxygen sensor recall, they ended up rounding the sensor and so couldn't get it off. Then asked if I could re-book it in so that they could spend more time on it!!

Car went in again on Wednesday and in the end they had to lift the radiator out so as to get better access to the sensor, sensor now replaced.

Went to pick up the car and on the way home could hear a slight whistling sound from the engine bay. Stopped at my house and took a look around the engine, traced the noise to the vacuum hose going to the blow off valve (BOV), it was hanging on by half of the pipe and the plastic nipple on the BOV was cracked!!. On closer inspection it was hanging on by what looked like glue (like black bathroom sealer!!). The BOV also had scuff marks on it where the radiator had obviously came into contact with the BOV as they lifted it out.

Straight away got on the phone to Western Mitsubishi and they said bring it back in. When they took a look at it they point blank refused to accept any blame and stated that they had done nothing to the BOV . They also suggested that someone else (hint me!) had previously broken the part and had botched it together with glue FFS!

My car only does 3k miles a year (second car) and has solely been serviced by them in the 3 years I have owned the car.

They stated that I would have to buy a new one but they would fit it for free....oh ta very much! They broke the fekin thing but I now have to foot the bill for a new one.....I was fuming!!

So dont think you are alone when it comes to shoddy main dealers, the grass isn't always greener.

Span (Ex Scooby owner)
Old 04 July 2003, 09:40 AM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

Span, sorry to hear about your probs, I agree with what you say about the dealer, I went there to look at a EVO8 before I bought my scoob, sales dept were arogant w@nkers, obvisiouly thought I couldn't afford one and didn't know much about them, asked the sales guy some techy q's and confused him then he started to take me a bit more serious, he phoned back just recently saying he had an EVO8 in for me to look at but the Mrs's told him we went and ordered a new scooby the day after I had been into see him, wife says he went very sheepish on the phone after that
Old 04 July 2003, 09:47 AM
Spanpody.
Scooby Regular

New To Scoob

A wise move going for the scoob in the end. Western mainly deal with Shoguns etc. How they claim to be Ralliart approved is beyond me. A couple of their Technician may have done a two day course at Ralliart but I know far more about the cars than them! (3 years as an MLR member).

Never had any problems with the Subaru garage I used to use when I had my Impreza (AF Noble).
Old 04 July 2003, 09:48 AM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

Angry

Span -- why not try writing a letter to the dealer MD.

Tell them you've had the car exclusively serviced by them. They cocked up the sensor fitting, had to do it again, removed the radiator and damaged the BOV in the process -- then tried to bodge it. Then had the nerve to accuse you of doing it, and are demanding the cost of a replacement.

Tell them you will give them seven days to respond, after which you'll take it up with Mitsu HQ. Copy the letter to Mitsu HQ too.

It may work ... even if it doesn't it'll help work out the anger.
Old 04 July 2003, 10:14 AM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

Span, send a letter to the dealer principle stating everything about the car, mileage service history etc etc and at the same time send a copy and a covering letter to Mitsi UK. I had to go through this type of thing with my beemer, its amazing how cooperative the dealer becomes when they get a phone call from the head office
Old 04 July 2003, 10:16 AM
Spanpody.
Scooby Regular

A letter was sent yesterday to the Manager of the Western Mitsubishi (Edinburgh) garage

I stated that they have two weeks to remedy this problem or I go higher up the chain. I am also thinking about contacting Trading Standards.

Its also posted on the MLR forum where several of the Scottish members (who currently use Western) have noted interest and are waiting to see what the outcome is.

They are not getting away with this!!

Old 04 July 2003, 06:56 PM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Spanpody - IIRC Big John (JKP) had a few probs with Western as well - sounds like he wasn't alone

Stealers - shower of sh1te the lot of 'em [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

PS Hi Jock
Old 06 July 2003, 11:52 AM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yes mate - I am

I guessed who you were from your mention of yer old 309 - I've got mixed memories of that car drop me an email and see if you can guess who

Old 07 July 2003, 07:47 AM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

Gza, you have got me totally , YHM m8
Old 07 July 2003, 11:36 AM
M3_chaz
Scooby Regular

My old man has had 2 shoguns from Western in the last 3 years. He's no selling his current shogun as the service Western give is very poor. He is having a problem with his cluch and Western said that they would need to strip it before they could say for sure if the warranty will cover it. The cars only done 37k and their is no way that it is down to the driving style as its only me and him that drive it. The last shogun was 3 years old with 108k under its wheels and that was on its first cluch so that tells its own story.
Old 07 July 2003, 03:03 PM
Spanpody.
Scooby Regular

Got a call from the Manager & Western Mitsubishi this morning!

He was most apologetic about the whole incident. A new BOV has already been ordered by their parts department and they are awaiting delivery. Once they receive it they will notify me for free fitment.

If they had not chosen to play silly buggers and had admitted the problem when I took the car back back in for inspection I'd probably still use them......not any more though

Customer care - my ****!
Old 07 July 2003, 04:26 PM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Nice one, I wonder what caused their change of heart
Old 07 July 2003, 06:59 PM
BYGIIIY
Scooby Regular

i took my tommi makinen to bradford mitsubishi for warranty work on the calipers, the laquer was pealing off and it looked terrible, anyway when i took it, they obviously checked the history etc, and i still have 1.5 years warranty left on the car,they took photos of the car, i gave them my home and mobile number, well its been over a month, no reply, so ive been down today and givm abuse and the person dealing with my claim is off for a week, and so they say we will sort it, they said to me it was only peeling cos someone has been cleaning them with cleaner, well i told them expalain the other gsr and makinen ive got that hav the same problem which i want doing anyway, the salesman was ok about it and tole me its cos they get too hot, but the service guy was full of it, i mean i spend a bit more for a uk car so i get the warranty, and these guys just mess u about as if its coming outa there own pocket,i might aswell just bought an import cheaper!
Old 07 July 2003, 08:55 PM
Spanpody.
Scooby Regular

The laquer coming off is actually quite common on Evo's. It often happens when someone takes the wheels of and clips the caliper by with the inside of the alloy. Once its chipped, water gets in and it can start to go a bit pink.

The tip is to use some clear nail varnish to cover the chip and prevent any water from getting in
Old 08 July 2003, 05:23 PM
kart_man
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I've had the same experience with the sales dept of Western. I went in just before the EVO 6 was due to be released, expressed an interest and asked for a brochure to be sent to me. EVO 6's came and went - no brochure, no call, nothing. I drove up to the garage in 20k's worth of sti, so you'd think they'd believe I was genuine, but obviously not !!
Went back in there a few months ago to ask for info on the EVO 8. I was in a P1 at this point, so again - obviously a prospective customer. Similar arregant response from the sale guy who I had to ask to take my details !!! Again he offered to send me a brochure and said he'd call me for a test drive when one came in (in a few weeks) - still nothing.
I got a thankyou letter from the sales manager a week or so later saying - "thanks for phoning us and showing an interest in our cars - we'll be in touch" (despite me actually visiting in person), and still nothing else has come through.

Since my initial interest I've bought 3 cars. 2 scoobies, and A GTR - all of these could have been an EVO if they'd treated me properly.

Their loss - I don't think the new shape EVO's are as nice as the 5's and 6's so they're now unlikely to ever have my custom. They also said some very dubious things about subaru when I mentioned I had one - I don't like sales people who blatently lie to try and get your custom. Wins no points in my book !

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, but I completely agree with your opinion of the garage. If that's what they're pre-sales is like, I dread to think what their after-sales service is like !!! Glad you got it sorted out finally though !

Dave