Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Damaged Alloys? Complaint

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2003, 06:49 AM
ADL-ATR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had new tyres fitted and they have scratched the two alloys, I checked one before it got changed, how do I approach this with a very large and well know tyre place off the M3. As to get them replaced/repaired will be a lot of inconvienince unless they have a spare set of wheels thay can lend me!!
As far as I am concerned they were new when I took them there and they aren't new now!!!
Old 03 June 2003, 08:33 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Call them straight away and state the problem to the manager - the longer you leave it the less chance you have of a result, 'could have happened anywhere' is their ultimate get-out.

Old 03 June 2003, 10:05 AM
Daz WRX
Scooby Regular

I'd be supprised if you get anywhere as you have left the premisis and accepted the work that was carried out. They will just say you done it after you left.
Call em quick though you might have a chance.

Hope all goes well.
Daz.

Old 03 June 2003, 10:14 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

I had my wheels damaged a while ago on a Honda by some mobile tyre monkey sent by the lease company. He managed to chip the alloys, break 3 wheel studs and put deep scratches all over the alloys fron the wheel weights and what looked like a screwdriver.

He left, and i drove the car up the road for 1/2 mile. The vibration at the front was so bad due to a stud on each wheel being broken, that i went straight back to work and called the tyre company.

Anyway, the leasing company delivered my car to them and they had it for 2 weeks to replace the studs and recondition the wheels.

Dave
Old 03 June 2003, 10:22 AM
ADL-ATR
Scooby Regular

Wink

Cheers boys, I did call them and as most of there work is previous customers, word of mouth etc they were very applogetic and asked me to come in asap. So I shall.
But I aint paying for the refurbs!!!
Old 03 June 2003, 09:46 PM
DanTheMan
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same place scratched one of mine but the service manager came over and told me there and then.
I said I had just had them refurbed at £40 each (he knew this as they were "as new" rims) and so he straight away game me the money to cover it, nice chaps in this instance
Old 04 June 2003, 06:48 AM
ADL-ATR
Scooby Regular

Angry

Giving me money will cut no ice, when I went there I had new alloys and will only settle for them taking the two alloys and getting them refurbed whilst they supply temp wheels or if they they stump up the money for two brand new alloys from Honda. V Unlikely.....
Old 04 June 2003, 05:08 PM
ScoobyKev
Scooby Regular

I know a company in Newbury that has a sign up explaining that any damage to alloy wheels will not be fixed. I certainly will not be taking the car there.

Regards

Kev