Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

My Clio - the saga continues.....

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2003, 05:40 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Well Renault have had my 172 for 2 1/2 weeks now. They called me earlier to go and pick it up as they claimed it was ready.

When i got there they were proud to say they had replaced the clutch and the exhaust. When i asked about the oil pressure problem that was number 3 on the job sheet they all looked at each other blankly and shrugged their shoulders.

"Err looks like we've forgotten that".

So 3 engineers descend on the car and 1/2 hour later they come out to inform me that the oil pressure sensor has broken and that has caused the problem. Not that i mentioned they should look at that the last 2 times it was in or anything

Anyway, they say they can book the car in late next week to fix it. I say "not likely mate, keep the bloody thing until youve fixed it, and give it a wash too, its filthy" anbd grab the keys to the Turdbo Diesel Pug and march out. I then sat in traffic for 40 mins getting from the dealer to the motorway (which usually takes 5 mins).

I am finally losing the will to live.....

Dave
Old 23 May 2003, 05:42 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thick bastids
Old 23 May 2003, 06:19 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

It is a familiar tale, the dealership and/or maruqe may change but how many times have i had or heard similar tales.

Can kinda take the enjoyment out of the whole car thing if you let it, chin up old chap!
Old 23 May 2003, 09:28 PM
Glenn_R
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Nice to see some things never change with Renault Dealers!! I remember having the same levels of customer service when I had my Clio RSi a few years back

Keep in there m8 - dont let the to55ers drag u down
Old 25 May 2003, 04:10 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Must say, the manager of the dealership was earwigging when I was complaining. I quite like the look of the blue Renault F1 t-shirt they had there and i dont intend to pay for it
Old 29 May 2003, 03:25 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Well I have the car back now, still wasnt cleaned !!!

Clutch is replaced, exhaust is replaced. Oil pressure problem was traced to the wiring loom rubbing on the pressure sensor. So the sensor and half the wiring loom were replaced

Dave
Old 29 May 2003, 03:54 PM
TVR Gary
Scooby Regular

Druddle,

They replaced the exhaust and numerous other parts on my other halves 172 only to find the cause of the noise coming for the passenger footweel was a grommet left out when the alarm was fitted ......
Old 29 May 2003, 04:07 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Sounds like the good old renault standards that forced me to sell my heap of French crap [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

PS Rough highlights include replacing a wheel bearing 4 times in 3 weeks then when I returned to pick up the car I found it had miraculously accquired a smashed front wing and they tried to deny it. I then pointed out the silver paint on the courtyard pillar adjacent to where it was parked awaiting collection and the black matched paint from the pillar on the wing

and that's just highlights [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 29 May 2003, 04:09 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

I have had the same with my puma [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] they were supposed to have repaired lots of bits last time it went in but it came back the same and ran even worse

List of faults last time it went in:

Gears crunching into second when in traffic - not looked at they informed the lease company and that's it
Drivers door speaker cuts out - this has been in about 6 or so times and has even had the speaker replaced once but yet again they said it's fixed but it still does it
Drivers door rattles - still bloody does it [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Brakes discs warped - they fixed 'em
Brakes loosing fluid - blamed it on the rear shoes being low even though I topped it up once and it went from max to min in a week and a half
60,000 mile service - they did that but knocked a sensor which gave the engine an air leak so it ran like sh!te

I hate garages [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]