Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Octavia RS

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2002, 05:55 PM
stratman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I seriously looked at the Octavia RS as a replacement for my Scoob that got car-jacked a few weeks ago.

Came very close to buying one but the dealers just woulndnt budge on the deal. There was something I didnt like about the styling, just not quite right somehow.

The chief reason for me considering the Skoda was that it would be less likely to be targetted by the scumbags. But then someone pointed out that the Impreza 5 doors are not high on the car thieves list either. So I went to look at one and I gotta say I liked it. So I ended up with a 2 year old low mileage 5 door turbo for 2 grand less mone and above all its still a scoob. Also wagon is in lower Ins. group than 4 door. The scoob also has much more torque than the RS.

Though I liked the OCtavia I just could not convince myself that the Skoda badge didnt matter.

But not to detract from the Octavia, it is a crackin car for the money, but dont go for the AWD as the drive train absorbs too much power. Its a quality car made from mostly VW and Audi bits and if the badge dosnt bother you GO FOR IT!

Good luck

Stratman

[Edited by stratman - 6/3/2002 5:56:37 PM]
Old 03 June 2002, 05:11 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Just a quick one really. Im thinking of buying one because it appeals on a number of levels.

1. Its quick and tunable
2. Level of equipment as standard is exceptional.
3 Low insurance
4. Unlikely to be car jacked !!!

I like the look and i hear AWD do a non intrustive tune from standard up to ~210 from 180 brake for £550 (Id love to know how they get 30 BHP with no mods)

What does everyone think ? Also does it have the throaty burbles and whoosh of the scooby?

Also few boy racers have em as the "skoda thing" of old puts em off. Thats good because they have a tendancy to crash and make the car harder to insure.

PS I accidently posted this in the drivetrains section too. Didnt mean too, but dont know how to delete it.
Old 03 June 2002, 08:57 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply there. Just a quick one. Just how much difference is there in regard to torque ? I have heard of a company that mod the car with a chip and bigger turbo to produce "tons more torque" Their words not mine.

They also do a non intrusive mod that brings the car to 220 bhp BUT more importantly an extra 50 lbs/ft torque.

Also I reckon it would be cheaper on the old go go juice too, well I hope

PS Sorry for the dup posts and similar ocatavia rs posts dotted all over the place.
Old 03 June 2002, 09:00 PM
TaviaRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

I refer you to this thread, http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid=98090.

Reasonably tunable, subtle and its great to see peoples' faces when they work out that its a Skoda.
Old 04 June 2002, 11:16 PM
ChrisB

Your link is a little FUBAR'd there Mr RS.

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...threadid=98090
Old 05 June 2002, 07:43 AM
TaviaRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

Ta Chris.