Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Flash tw@t

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2013, 10:20 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Flash tw@t

The other halfs aunt is seeing a bloke who makes my teeth itch and gives my arsehole a headache.

Fair enough, the first time we met was at the Auberge du Lac. He was fully kitted out in a camel hair overcoat and cravat etc and he ordered and paid for Dom Perignon 19xx which was apparently a special year (tasted no better than Moët to me). He then ordered a bottle of red wine which was even more expensive than the Dom and he did share it all out and paid for it.

What pisses me off is that since then - every time we have met up for a meal, he insists on ordering bottles of wine at £300+ a pop without asking us and expects us to cough up a 1/4 share. We told him last time that we wouldn't be drinking as I had a long drive home. He still bought it and, to be fair, paid for it but he then insisted that his meal should be paid by the wife's aunt.

24 Carat *****.
Old 10 November 2013, 10:24 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You're obviously a lot more pleasant than I am, I'd have told him what a prize bellend he was after the first occasion.
Old 10 November 2013, 10:38 PM
Moz_Rb5
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy
You're obviously a lot more pleasant than I am.
+1

Would of told him to ram his bill.
Old 10 November 2013, 10:39 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Does he drive an impreza?
Old 10 November 2013, 10:41 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Had the same experience recently with a few school mates who I see maybe a few times a year due to work and family life etc. Anyway we went out for a stag party, and ended up going to this really fancy bar(quite a few that night), Think the most expensive drink on the menu was a £4k bottle of champagne

Anyway Ive know these guys since I was 9 years old, and I couldnt believe how many of my friends have changed over the years(dressing like they just rolled of the Milan catwalk), they where buying bottles of Vodka for £120 a pop and just spending loads of money trying to out do each other who can buy the most expensive drinks.

Just really opened my eyes and showed how we have all changed, were all 30 years old and out of the 10 of us, probably 3 of us have got familys, mortgages(me included), but what makes me laugh with most of them is that they gave it the big un that night, but most of them have normal jobs(electricians, plumbers, and retail) and live at home with the parents!!!

Think most of the time you get people like that, Most of them live champagne lifestyles on lemonade money!!!
Old 10 November 2013, 10:57 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sounds like a bit of cad

He's probably already figured out how much he can take your aunt for
Old 10 November 2013, 11:26 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...s_Went_Out.jpg
Old 10 November 2013, 11:38 PM
EssexJamie
Scooby Regular

Sounds like Del Boy
Old 10 November 2013, 11:42 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Is the other half's aunt fit?
Old 10 November 2013, 11:45 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Is the other half's aunt fit?

Do you care!!! Should be asking is she rich biaaatchh!!!
Old 11 November 2013, 12:13 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Sounds like some of the people my Dad used to mix with. Vile people every single one of them.

When he died they were all over me like a rash, as if I was the next replacement in line in their hoo-har circle. This was not helped that their one local haunt closed and their other drinking hole burnt down...which meant they all congregated in my local pub instead.

They would just not leave me be until I finally snapped, told them a few home truths and subsequently stopped drinking there for over two years as I was sick to death of them talking to me and dredging all the same old BS diatribe. Truth was when my dad was p**ssed they'd rope him to buying the rounds, and suddenly they'd switch to bottles of fancy plonk and Dom perri and drag the night on for as long as they could whilst racking up the bar bills. Seems they thought me being a chip off the old block that I'd do the same and tried roping me in.

Slight problem; I don't drink that shyte...I drink beer. Thats all I drink as most wines gives me chronic reflux.

Oh, and on the last meeting I did tell them to f**k off and leave me peace as they weren't the ones doing the CPR on the kitchen floor for the heat attack that was brought on by the drinking habits they'd established with him knowing full well he wasn't well and real friends would have stopped him instead of egg him on (yep that outburst shut them up).

Strangely the Christmas cards from them stopped after that.

Last edited by ALi-B; 11 November 2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old 11 November 2013, 01:44 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like the Enfield character "I'm considerably richer than you" i.e a coont.
Old 11 November 2013, 08:00 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Plonkers.
Old 11 November 2013, 01:36 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He has clearly no style or taste, if he did he would be ordering a 1928 Krug.
Old 11 November 2013, 10:13 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

There are a few people who I have contact with through business, as I have gotten to know some of them over the years, I have discovered just how wealthy they really are. Ownership of prestige cars, membership of fine dining groups, massive houses, owning helicopters, overseas property and yachts moored in the med etc etc. It has taken years of forming friendships and business relationships with these men, before they disclosed any of these things.

I also have dealings with others, who at every opportunity feel the need to mention how much they have just spent on this or that. It is easy to distinguish between those who through hard work and good fortune have done very well for themselves, and those who have an obsession with trying to establish themselves in such circles.

The bizarre thing is, I am in the same earnings bracket as those I refer to who hanker after wealth and status, and I feel uneasy in their company particularly in social settings. The opposite is true of those in the former category, I feel at ease in their company whether in a business setting, or sitting down with a coffee, where putting the world to rights and complaining about the price of super unleaded is the usual run of things.
Old 14 November 2013, 03:49 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods
The other halfs aunt is seeing a bloke who makes my teeth itch and gives my arsehole a headache.

Fair enough, the first time we met was at the Auberge du Lac. He was fully kitted out in a camel hair overcoat and cravat etc and he ordered and paid for Dom Perignon 19xx which was apparently a special year (tasted no better than Moët to me). He then ordered a bottle of red wine which was even more expensive than the Dom and he did share it all out and paid for it.

What pisses me off is that since then - every time we have met up for a meal, he insists on ordering bottles of wine at £300+ a pop without asking us and expects us to cough up a 1/4 share. We told him last time that we wouldn't be drinking as I had a long drive home. He still bought it and, to be fair, paid for it but he then insisted that his meal should be paid by the wife's aunt.

24 Carat *****.
Have you given arsepirins a try?

Les
Old 14 November 2013, 04:17 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

Take him to McDonnalds
Old 14 November 2013, 05:51 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior