ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Flash tw@t (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/989831-flash-tw-t.html)

jods 10 November 2013 10:20 PM

Flash tw@t

The other halfs aunt is seeing a bloke who makes my teeth itch and gives my arsehole a headache.

Fair enough, the first time we met was at the Auberge du Lac. He was fully kitted out in a camel hair overcoat and cravat etc and he ordered and paid for Dom Perignon 19xx which was apparently a special year (tasted no better than Moët to me). He then ordered a bottle of red wine which was even more expensive than the Dom and he did share it all out and paid for it.

What pisses me off is that since then - every time we have met up for a meal, he insists on ordering bottles of wine at £300+ a pop without asking us and expects us to cough up a 1/4 share. We told him last time that we wouldn't be drinking as I had a long drive home. He still bought it and, to be fair, paid for it but he then insisted that his meal should be paid by the wife's aunt.

24 Carat twunt. :nono:

thenewgalaxy 10 November 2013 10:24 PM

You're obviously a lot more pleasant than I am, I'd have told him what a prize bellend he was after the first occasion.

Moz_Rb5 10 November 2013 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy (Post 11260957)
You're obviously a lot more pleasant than I am.

+1

Would of told him to ram his bill.

tony de wonderful 10 November 2013 10:39 PM

Does he drive an impreza?

scoobyboy1 10 November 2013 10:41 PM

Had the same experience recently with a few school mates who I see maybe a few times a year due to work and family life etc. Anyway we went out for a stag party, and ended up going to this really fancy bar(quite a few that night), Think the most expensive drink on the menu was a £4k bottle of champagne:eek:

Anyway Ive know these guys since I was 9 years old, and I couldnt believe how many of my friends have changed over the years(dressing like they just rolled of the Milan catwalk), they where buying bottles of Vodka for £120 a pop:wonder: and just spending loads of money trying to out do each other who can buy the most expensive drinks.:brickwall

Just really opened my eyes and showed how we have all changed, were all 30 years old and out of the 10 of us, probably 3 of us have got familys, mortgages(me included), but what makes me laugh with most of them is that they gave it the big un that night, but most of them have normal jobs(electricians, plumbers, and retail) and live at home with the parents!!!:rolleyes:

Think most of the time you get people like that, Most of them live champagne lifestyles on lemonade money!!!:lol1:

dpb 10 November 2013 10:57 PM

Sounds like a bit of cad

He's probably already figured out how much he can take your aunt for

dpb 10 November 2013 11:26 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...s_Went_Out.jpg

EssexJamie 10 November 2013 11:38 PM

Sounds like Del Boy

ScoobyWon't 10 November 2013 11:42 PM

Is the other half's aunt fit? :wonder:

scoobyboy1 10 November 2013 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 11261041)
Is the other half's aunt fit? :wonder:

Do you care!!! Should be asking is she rich biaaatchh!!!:p

ALi-B 11 November 2013 12:13 AM

Sounds like some of the people my Dad used to mix with. Vile people every single one of them.

When he died they were all over me like a rash, as if I was the next replacement in line in their hoo-har circle. This was not helped that their one local haunt closed and their other drinking hole burnt down...which meant they all congregated in my local pub instead.

They would just not leave me be until I finally snapped, told them a few home truths and subsequently stopped drinking there for over two years as I was sick to death of them talking to me and dredging all the same old BS diatribe. Truth was when my dad was p**ssed they'd rope him to buying the rounds, and suddenly they'd switch to bottles of fancy plonk and Dom perri and drag the night on for as long as they could whilst racking up the bar bills. Seems they thought me being a chip off the old block that I'd do the same and tried roping me in.

Slight problem; I don't drink that shyte...I drink beer. Thats all I drink as most wines gives me chronic reflux.

Oh, and on the last meeting I did tell them to f**k off and leave me peace as they weren't the ones doing the CPR on the kitchen floor for the heat attack that was brought on by the drinking habits they'd established with him knowing full well he wasn't well and real friends would have stopped him instead of egg him on (yep that outburst shut them up).

Strangely the Christmas cards from them stopped after that.:lol1:

bioforger 11 November 2013 01:44 AM

Sounds like the Enfield character "I'm considerably richer than you" i.e a coont.

ditchmyster 11 November 2013 08:00 AM

Plonkers.:D

SJ_Skyline 11 November 2013 01:36 PM

He has clearly no style or taste, if he did he would be ordering a 1928 Krug. :)

tarmac terror 11 November 2013 10:13 PM

There are a few people who I have contact with through business, as I have gotten to know some of them over the years, I have discovered just how wealthy they really are. Ownership of prestige cars, membership of fine dining groups, massive houses, owning helicopters, overseas property and yachts moored in the med etc etc. It has taken years of forming friendships and business relationships with these men, before they disclosed any of these things.

I also have dealings with others, who at every opportunity feel the need to mention how much they have just spent on this or that. It is easy to distinguish between those who through hard work and good fortune have done very well for themselves, and those who have an obsession with trying to establish themselves in such circles.

The bizarre thing is, I am in the same earnings bracket as those I refer to who hanker after wealth and status, and I feel uneasy in their company particularly in social settings. The opposite is true of those in the former category, I feel at ease in their company whether in a business setting, or sitting down with a coffee, where putting the world to rights and complaining about the price of super unleaded is the usual run of things.

Leslie 14 November 2013 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by jods (Post 11260953)
The other halfs aunt is seeing a bloke who makes my teeth itch and gives my arsehole a headache.

Fair enough, the first time we met was at the Auberge du Lac. He was fully kitted out in a camel hair overcoat and cravat etc and he ordered and paid for Dom Perignon 19xx which was apparently a special year (tasted no better than Moët to me). He then ordered a bottle of red wine which was even more expensive than the Dom and he did share it all out and paid for it.

What pisses me off is that since then - every time we have met up for a meal, he insists on ordering bottles of wine at £300+ a pop without asking us and expects us to cough up a 1/4 share. We told him last time that we wouldn't be drinking as I had a long drive home. He still bought it and, to be fair, paid for it but he then insisted that his meal should be paid by the wife's aunt.

24 Carat twunt. :nono:

Have you given arsepirins a try?

Les ;)

riiidaa 14 November 2013 04:17 PM

Take him to McDonnalds

alistair 14 November 2013 05:51 PM

Get in there first and order a carafe of house red