Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

USPS Priority Mail

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2013, 11:01 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USPS Priority Mail

Does anyone here have any idea who handles USPS mail in the UK?

I have a package sent from the US via USPS and it is showing as being in customs clearance and has been for a week now. I wonder who handles delivery for them in the UK so I can call them and see what is happening.
Old 17 July 2013, 11:03 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Ups I would of thought.
Old 17 July 2013, 11:17 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

suspect the delay isn't caused by the carrier -- it will be customs......
Old 17 July 2013, 11:25 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by albob
suspect the delay isn't caused by the carrier -- it will be customs......
Yeah I know, but i need to find out where it is and for that I need the carrier in the UK's identity. So far I have been told it's Parcelforce, UPS and DHL.
Old 17 July 2013, 11:32 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Its United States Postal Service. They will be using Royal Mail are their pass on service. You not been given an tracking number, whats the point tracking a parcel you know nothing about otherwise?
Old 18 July 2013, 12:05 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Its United States Postal Service. They will be using Royal Mail are their pass on service. You not been given an tracking number, whats the point tracking a parcel you know nothing about otherwise?
Yes I have a tracking number, that is how I know it is in customs. It's been there a week so I want to call up the courier, find out exactly where it is and contact customs directly to get it sorted!

I thiught it would have been the Royal Mail, but already tried them and they say they don't have it.
Old 18 July 2013, 09:35 AM
pacenote
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've had stuff delivered by Royal Mail and Parcelforce when posted from across the pond by USPS PM. Last package ( two weeks ago ) turned up by Parcelforce so prob best to try them.
Old 18 July 2013, 10:01 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pacenote
I've had stuff delivered by Royal Mail and Parcelforce when posted from across the pond by USPS PM. Last package ( two weeks ago ) turned up by Parcelforce so prob best to try them.
Yes, just found it is Parcelforce by trying the tracking number in various websites until it worked

Spoke to them and magically it is now out of customs clearance and on its way to Preston where they will write me a letter detailing the charges ..... FFS!!!! What's wrong with email or the phone? It's been over two weeks already!
Old 18 July 2013, 10:44 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Yes, just found it is Parcelforce by trying the tracking number in various websites until it worked

Spoke to them and magically it is now out of customs clearance and on its way to Preston where they will write me a letter detailing the charges ..... FFS!!!! What's wrong with email or the phone? It's been over two weeks already!
Stop ordering dodgy stuff then
Old 18 July 2013, 11:07 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
Stop ordering dodgy stuff then
It's a carbon fibre diffuser, the dodgy stuff I have brought in by my 'mules'
Old 18 July 2013, 12:37 PM
Oldun
Scooby Regular

This might be of some use..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Shipping-U...2180698/g.html
Old 18 July 2013, 05:01 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

"...they will write me a letter detailing the charges ..... FFS!!!! What's wrong with email or the phone? It's been over two weeks already!...."

Of course they will write you a letter - they are ParcelForce/Royal Mail, why give revenue to your opposition !!!!
Old 18 July 2013, 05:28 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the case of handling US post, do parcelforce even have your email address or phone number in the first place?
Old 18 July 2013, 05:35 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
In the case of handling US post, do parcelforce even have your email address or phone number in the first place?
Yes you have to give a destination phone number for any international parcel otherwise it canot be sent. You can also give an email adddress too. In this case they have both.

And yes Parcelforce will have it as it goes on the waybill that travels with the parcel all the way to its destination!
Old 19 July 2013, 01:58 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

In general, if its a larger item USPS Priority is carried in the UK by Parcel Force World Wide.

I use this service a lot (well couple of times a month) and its very good - so I am shocked you have lost anything. The main problem is customs, it can take upto a week to clear at the moment. If you get your USPS tracking number and put it into the PF website you should be able to track it.

HTH!
Old 19 July 2013, 02:02 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Just to add, if you owe money on VAT / Duty / Handling PFWW will send you a card in the post, this will allow you to go online and pay the fees. IME this can take 3 to 4 days to actually arrive...
Old 19 July 2013, 02:04 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by billythekid
In general, if its a larger item USPS Priority is carried in the UK by Parcel Force World Wide.

I use this service a lot (well couple of times a month) and its very good - so I am shocked you have lost anything. The main problem is customs, it can take upto a week to clear at the moment. If you get your USPS tracking number and put it into the PF website you should be able to track it.

HTH!
Cheers mate, where were you yesterday?

Yes worked that out for myself in the end and found it, as you say, with Parcelforce.

I think you're right, the problem was customs. Anyway have been on to Parcelforce this morning and paid the customs charges, will have it on Monday.

I import quite a lot of things myself but usually use sea freight or DHL so this was a bit different. Customs usually only take 2 days with DHL and sea freight you go down and clear it with an agent so 8 days in customs was a bit different to what I am used to. I know they can keep it for 21 days by law, but that is very rare,.