Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Virgin Moble: the saga continues.

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2013, 10:08 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Virgin Moble: the saga continues.

Completely useless.

THEY rang ME Tuesday evening to see if I'd like a new phone. We agreed I'd have the same phone again, but brand new, and at the same price for the next two years.

The next day, I rang and ordered one of their £5 SIM-only deals for my present phone to pass to my wife. THAT arrived today.

However...no phone arrived on Wednesday.

I rang after dinner Wednesday to be told it had "got stuck in the system" and it was a good job I rang. It was promised for today.

Today I stayed in all day and ...no phone.:mad

Rang to complain, got shoved onto customer services who promptly cut me off.

Rang back, lady said she'd deal, she said SHE would deal with customer services, put me on hold, after twenty minutes on hold, it cut me off again.

Looked on the YODEL delivery website, it HAD been saying "Out for delivery," and since 2007, it says, "Unable to gain timely access"...in other words, they ran out of time. Yet they are SUPPOSED to work until 9pm They took my phone back 53 minutes early

So......what do I do now?

I have stuff to do tomorrow and no-one will be in if the phone comes tomorrow. Everyone at work.
I have now wasted two days just waiting for the phone when I could have been working.

Do I ring and cancel the lot? (Mobile, Broadband, Phone, TV)
Do I ring and demand HEAVY compensation?

I know they will EXPECT to deliver tomorrow, then, when I'm not there, they will say it's MY fault.

Customer service? Part of the family? Don't make me laugh.

If it were you, what would you do, and if staying with them, what level of compensation ought I to ask for, given TWO wasted days, and no real excuse?

Or do I just tell them to stuff the lot?

Last edited by alcazar; 05 July 2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04 July 2013, 11:28 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get it delivered to work.
Old 05 July 2013, 07:38 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
Completely useless.

THEY rang ME Tuesday evening to see if I'd like a new phone. We agreed I'd have the same phone again, but brand new, and at the same price for the next two years.

The next day, I rang and ordered one of their £5 SIM-only deals for my present phone to pass to my wife. THAT arrived today.

However...no phone arrived on Wednesday.

I rang after dinner Wednesday to be told it had "got stuck in the system" and it was a good job I rang. It was promised for today.

Today I stayed in all day and ...no phone.:mad

Rang to complain, got shoved onto customer services who promptly cut me off.

Rang back, lady said she'd deal, she said SHE would deal with customer services, put me on hold, after twenty minutes on hold, it cut me off again.

Looked on the YODEL delivery website, it HAD been saying "Out for delivery," and since 2007, it says, "Unable to gain timely access"...in other words, they ran out of time. Yet they are SUPPOSED to work until 9pm They took my phone back 53 minutes early

So......what do I do now?

I have stuff to do tomorrow and no-one will be in if the phone comes tomorrow. Everyone at work.
I have now wasted two days just waiting for the phone when I could have been working.

Do I ring and cancel the lot? (Mobile, Broadband, Phone, TV)
Do I ring and demand HEAVY compensation?

I know they will EXPECT to deliver tomorrow, then, when I'm not there, they will say it's MY fault.

Customer service? Part of the family? Don't make me laugh.

If it were you, what would you do, and if staying with them, what level of compensation ought I to ask for, given TWO wasted days, and no real excuse?

Or do I just tell them to stuff the lot?
Originally Posted by speedking
Get it delivered to work.

The delivery drivers plan their route, so the out of time thing can be posted in the morning .. silly really.

I had mine delivered to work, came next day, never had a problem with them, but it's hit and miss with most mobile companies these days.
Old 05 July 2013, 07:39 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Just to add, cancelling might make you feel like you're punishing them, but in reality your experience isn't going to influence anyone else as people are motivated by money.

If you can find a better deal leave, if not, complain, get money off !
Old 05 July 2013, 09:30 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Rang them this morning. They agreed it is unacceptable, delivery now free and two free months.

Oh well.........
Old 05 July 2013, 10:58 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Just checked the Yodel site: no delivery out for today

Rang them, guy says it was cancelled yesterday, nothing to do with access, (so why did the driver put that?)

Rang Virgin again, it's apparently that there are now TWO phones on delivery, only ONE has been cancelled, but nothing is showing on the Yodel site, despite her assuring me it IS out for delivery again today.

Someone is lying......

I shan't use these again, and as for Yodel: no better than when they were Home Delivery Services.
Old 05 July 2013, 08:35 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are screwed if Yodel are involved mate.

My wife had a phone that was supposed to be delivered by them, they failed, she used the automated system 3 times to rearrange delivery and they failed and sent it back to the phone provider, that contract got cancelled and she was left without the new phone. Luckily her old one is still connected, this happened 2 months ago nearly.

Only yesterday has she managed to get another phone ordered which is yet to arrive but she is having it sent to a store this time.

Good luck!

Trending Topics

Old 05 July 2013, 10:02 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

I finally rang Yodel themselves.

Their representative said, "You sound upset?"

He gave me the van driver's mobile number, so I rang him.

Sure enough, despite Virgin's promises to the contrary, no phone on his van for today.......

HE gave me their depot number.

I rang them. THEY said it was Virgin's fault, they cancelled a phone because it appeared to be stuck in their system (their IT seems somewhat lacking, I couldn't log on the day before either), and by that time, the first phone was with Yodel. When a second one arrived with them, then a cancellation, they assumed it meant cancel both

Anyway...I am now PROMISED delivery before 12noon tomorrow.......only FOUR days late then.

We shall see........
Old 06 July 2013, 01:16 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
I finally rang Yodel themselves.

Their representative said, "You sound upset?"

He gave me the van driver's mobile number, so I rang him.

Sure enough, despite Virgin's promises to the contrary, no phone on his van for today.......

HE gave me their depot number.

I rang them. THEY said it was Virgin's fault, they cancelled a phone because it appeared to be stuck in their system (their IT seems somewhat lacking, I couldn't log on the day before either), and by that time, the first phone was with Yodel. When a second one arrived with them, then a cancellation, they assumed it meant cancel both

Anyway...I am now PROMISED delivery before 12noon tomorrow.......only FOUR days late then.

We shall see........
Worth a free delivery and 2 months ? if not complain again.
Old 06 July 2013, 02:40 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

It finally arrived this morning at 10:30. Only FOUR days late.

Oh well, two free months plus free delivery.