Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

CCTV?

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2013, 08:57 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CCTV?

Im looking at getting a CCTV camera & recorder to put up inside one of the windows in the house to then monitor what’s going on outside the front of the house/on the drive (mainly due to a few things happened with my car recently).

Anyway, can anyone recommend any cameras etc/places to look? I don't what to spend hundreds and hundreds but would like something reasonable. As mentioned, I think I will be putting it up inside one of the windows in the corner so not so sure a dome style camera will work as I don't think they will have enough clearance as the window frame will probably block the view, so I guess something that can be fixed onto a bracket of some sort (nothing too big though so it doesn't stand out too much).

It would be handy to have something that is usable at night too. No need for any fancy zoom lenses or anything though….. oh, and at the moment I only need 1x camera, maybe a second later on.

Thanks for any advice!
Old 05 April 2013, 10:51 PM
winston69
Scooby Regular

Cctv42
Old 06 April 2013, 09:22 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

My personal opinion is that cameras are a waste of money. Say someone throws a brick at your car at night , you look at the video next day and all u can do is re-live the moment of some random guy that unless he looks right into the camera u will never know who it is. Also (unless u spend big money) wont be good enough for police to get anyone . So unless its just for u to see what goes on for curiosity , dont bother.
At my work we have all round cameras that work well at night & link up to floodlighting etc. Two wee lads smashed the front window at random and they ran off. Only by pure luck the high level camera could see right down the street to watch then run into a house and we knew where they lived , but that was pure luck.

You have 3 options. Spend big money . Go cheap , but make it obvious as a deterrent. Or dont bother.
Old 06 April 2013, 06:53 PM
eelz
Scooby Regular

I'm looking into this to find out who's letting their dogs **** on my garden and path.!