Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Benefit Receivers .....

Search this Thread

Old 01 April 2013, 10:08 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Benefit Receivers .....

..... welcome to the real world - today we take the first step to make work pay.

Get off your rear ends, turn off your 100" Plasma TV, put your super strength export lager in the fridge, forget about your role models on Jeremy Kyle, put to the back of your mind the betting shop, dismiss your hopes of another tacky tattoo on your neck, pack your **** in your pocket .... get on your bike AND GET A FECKING JOB!!!

Those on benefits should never be better off than those at work - ever!

On this I agree with the Tories.
Old 01 April 2013, 10:19 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Pete, I kind of agree but not all benefits claimants are workshy scroungers having an easy ride on the back of the working population.

I agree that benefits shouldnt pay more than working but benefits are calculated to at least go some way to allowing someone to live without a job, a lot of jobs, on minimum wage are definitely not, minimum wage is £235 a week or so for full time, 12 grand a year, which of course you get taxed on.

The other end of the scale is all those who avoid tax wholesale, all those that exist in the cash economy, benefits claimaints arent the whole problem, not everyone is enjoying being on benefits who are on them, it is a source of shame for some.

I do think they need capping and I also think that benefit money shouldnt be able to be used to buy luxuries like ****, booze, gambling, entertainment etc, not sayign everyone on benefits should be miserable and have no pleasure in life but bad habits shouldnt be state sponsored.

If you are as you say, ok for money and want for nothing then really glee at other people enduring hardship shouldnt be enjoyable, it needs to be looked at pragmatically and not as some kind of victory, they arent all Burberry wearing, asbo *******, I am sure this is affecting some perfectly decent, hard working folk who have had bad luck, government policy must be difficult as they have some extremely blunt tools for doing, look at the child benefit changes.

Last edited by J4CKO; 01 April 2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 01 April 2013, 10:39 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife works for a local council and she has to deal with a lot of people that are on benefits, for some they really want to work but due to disability are unable too. For others being a p**s head, or fat or just the fact they were born into a family that never worked means benefits are a way of life. Being out of work should never make you better off than a unskilled worker who goes to work all hours for minimum wage
Old 02 April 2013, 12:04 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Amazing! Over one third of claimants who were claiming "sickness related benefits" decide not to bother in face of more stringent tests..... Who'd have thunk it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-of-tests.html

Last edited by warrenm2; 02 April 2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old 02 April 2013, 12:38 AM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
Amazing! Over one third of claimants who were claiming "sickness related benefits" decide not to bother in face of more stringent tests..... Who'd have thunk it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-of-tests.html
Good read.

Says a lot about the system and how easy it to falsly claim!
Old 02 April 2013, 12:48 AM
craigo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
..... welcome to the real world - today we take the first step to make work pay.

Get off your rear ends, turn off your 100" Plasma TV, put your super strength export lager in the fridge, forget about your role models on Jeremy Kyle, put to the back of your mind the betting shop, dismiss your hopes of another tacky tattoo on your neck, pack your **** in your pocket .... get on your bike AND GET A FECKING JOB!!!

Those on benefits should never be better off than those at work - ever!

On this I agree with the Tories.
One thing in common.. No it isnt an terrible mess

Last edited by craigo; 02 April 2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old 02 April 2013, 06:40 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad I read this whilst eating my breakfast ..
Old 02 April 2013, 07:52 AM
Scoobyblues
Scooby Regular

Here's my view- if you're on benefits, you should never ever have cash put in your hand or bank account. Everything should be vouchers, credit notes etc food vouchers, clothes vouchers and when they need to pay utility bills they should have a credit note fr that amount. Some of the crap I read about people on benefits who say ' well I scrimped and saved to buy my kids xbox's, 50" tv for the front room, holidays etc" well I'm sorry but you don't need theses to live, and when they pull the old my kids quality of life will be poor then there's only one/two people who can change that. I fecking work full time as a skilled plumber and reading this stuff winds me right up, it's bad enough seeing theses scroungers moving into brand new houses I've just done then moaning because it isn't carpeted or have any curtains. Yet my nan and pap who are retired have their council tax benefit cut because the pension my pap paid into whilst he and my nan worked for 50years pays £3 too much a month for them to be entitled to it. Makes me sick. Rant over
Old 02 April 2013, 08:15 AM
RandyWanger
Scooby Regular

This sucks, I might have to stop renting out my council house, sell my scoobie and move back to the UK

JOKES!

About time someone stood up and did something about this. Well done to them.
Old 02 April 2013, 08:25 AM
sprigeteer
Scooby Regular

The welfare state was designed to provide a safety net for those who really need it or who were vulnerable for some reason. Attlee would be turning in his gave if he saw what it has become. It was not designed to allow people to live a better life than those in employment and I think that's what annoys people these days. It was designed to ensure that you were warm, fed and received a basic level of health care. Many unemployed, not all, expect to have the plasma tv, the Xbox, the holidays, the car, the large family, the xmas presents, the ciggies, the dog, a trip to the betting shop, the smart phone all whilst on benefits. It will come to a head as it's financially unviable.
Old 02 April 2013, 09:03 AM
nyscooby
Scooby Regular

Today you have a job, three kids, no worries...... tomorrow your company lets you go...

Harsh words from people who haven't yet been affected by the cold grip of the recession...
Old 02 April 2013, 09:04 AM
nyscooby
Scooby Regular

It would be interesting to know how many SN users have lost their jobs, had their hours cut or even lost their homes in the last 5 years...

Would you have sympathy with them? or are they scum too?
Old 02 April 2013, 09:17 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a balance to be struck and at the moment it tips in the favour of the lowlife, lazy fat scum who have no intention of working ever. If this scheme sorts it out then those who work hard, contribute and then fall on hard times will be supported to get back into work and then in a position to contribute society again. Those for whom claiming is an occupation in it's own right should be made to learn that life is about give and take, not take and take a lot more
Old 02 April 2013, 09:25 AM
DARB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nyscooby
It would be interesting to know how many SN users have lost their jobs YES but managed to get another , had their hours cut YES or even lost their homes NO in the last 5 years...

5 year ago we had two motorbikes and two cars and had cash to enjoy them, now we have one car and forever seem to be tightening our belts
Old 02 April 2013, 10:05 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

IMHO, its an 80/20 split.

80% of people on them could in theory work but cant be arsed as its too easy to stay as they are and they would be "worse" off.

20% are genuine.

Quite a few of my friends who went to school with me never worked, and now their kids are getting to the end of their secondary education and guess what - I am already seeing the signs their kids will follow them onto the same system. Give it another 30-40 years and the country will be in a serious mess.
Old 02 April 2013, 10:35 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

A reversal of all those New Labour policies eh Pete?
Old 02 April 2013, 10:43 AM
ZX-TT
Scooby Regular

Some people need to pull there heads out of there asses!!!! Not all benefit claimers are lazy scum, sucking the system dry. My Mum is on benefit and disability due to spinal injuries, and she desperately wants to go back to work but is physically unable! These Government cuts are seriously effecting the genuinely ill and disabled! If I wasn't supplementing her money each month out of my own pocket she would not have enough to live on with the measly amount she is given especially now our PATHETIC government is cutting back to further cover there asses for screwing the country up and lining their own pockets.

So you people who stereo type every benefit claiming individual with the same brush, I hope one day you loose your jobs or face serious hardship and lets see how your tune changes then!!!!!!
Old 02 April 2013, 10:52 AM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Today you have a job, three kids, no worries...... tomorrow your company lets you go...

Harsh words from people who haven't yet been affected by the cold grip of the recession...

It would be interesting to know how many SN users have lost their jobs, had their hours cut or even lost their homes in the last 5 years...

You've missed the point.
Old 02 April 2013, 10:55 AM
sprigeteer
Scooby Regular

Hopefully we will get to a point where the rightful recipients get their support at the correct level. I have been unemployed myself and my Mum is on invalidity etc etc. I've lived all over the country, north, south and midlands in attempts to secure jobs. No ivory tower here mate. But the truth is the system is broken and something needs to happen. With the exception of one or two posts most people have rightly made the distinction between rightful claimants versus those who abuse the system.

Last edited by sprigeteer; 02 April 2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02 April 2013, 11:32 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Old 02 April 2013, 11:42 AM
scunnered
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Pete's been a secret Tory all along!!!

Not everyone on benefits wants to be in that position.
When I got made redundant, I did everything I could to find work. I would spend hours every day searching the internet. I found it impossible to find work. I would ask why I wasn't considered. It was always the same. It appeared my CV put them off as I was more qualified than the boss. So I dumbed down my CV, and applied for jobs outside of my profession. Still I had no luck as I had no experience. Also my age (56) made it even harder.
So eventually as my money was running out, I had to go onto benefits. Its not as easy a life as people think. I hate having to go into the "jobby"centre every fortnight. Its so humiliating being interrogated by people looking down the nose at me. All for a weekly pittance.
Hopefully this horrible depressing way of life will end soon. Its been two years now.
Old 02 April 2013, 11:52 AM
quattroowner
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes the op is right in some respect's about some benefit reciever's being a bunch of bum's. On the other hand there are people who dont want to be on the dole?

I was recently made redundant at end of march. And to help with the bills, i made the decision to sign on. it's ridiculous how easy and crappy the system is, allowing people who cant be arsed to get job's to claim there allowance without looking for work.

I worked for the military since i was 17 1/2 (21 now) and only signed off them due to kidney problem's. paid 1000's in tax's of different kinds. Will be back with them on a reserve basis in a month's time so thankfully that be me back working and off the dole.

Even the guy who interviewed me when i went to sign on was actually amazed i brought a copy of my C.V and spent nearly a hour job hunting on the computer. to the extent he asked me "Why am i still here " . Goes to show that even the staff see the system is technically a walkover
Old 02 April 2013, 12:45 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Isnt that Johnny Vegas ?
Old 02 April 2013, 12:52 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

OK so you've all 'proved' to yourselves that benefits claimants are all lazy parasites (for about the 10,000th time btw).

So shall we all move on?
Old 02 April 2013, 01:11 PM
phoenixgold
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scunnered
Pete's been a secret Tory all along!!!

Not everyone on benefits wants to be in that position.
When I got made redundant, I did everything I could to find work. I would spend hours every day searching the internet. I found it impossible to find work. I would ask why I wasn't considered. It was always the same. It appeared my CV put them off as I was more qualified than the boss. So I dumbed down my CV, and applied for jobs outside of my profession. Still I had no luck as I had no experience. Also my age (56) made it even harder.
So eventually as my money was running out, I had to go onto benefits. Its not as easy a life as people think. I hate having to go into the "jobby"centre every fortnight. Its so humiliating being interrogated by people looking down the nose at me. All for a weekly pittance.
Hopefully this horrible depressing way of life will end soon. Its been two years now.
The point is that you find it humiliating. The chav scum who have done this every 2 weeks since they were of school leaving age will find it normal, or look to get signed off permanent sick so they don't have to do it. They'll be on first name terms with all the staff in the job centre, who in turn will know that there's no point in making them look for jobs, because they are unemployable.
Old 02 April 2013, 01:58 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

I think the problem is that yes the state has a duty to look after everyone but peoples expectations are far too high.

I agree with the people above. We nearly lost our job which would means e loose the house. I wouldn't expect the state to fund topping my smart phone up, **** or even branded cloths. I would happily go out and buy second hand everything just to have food. Yes it would be hard but I strongly feel you shouldn't live comfortably on the state.

People should face the facts that if youre on benifits you wont buy kids presents, go on holiday or pay for your car while, and if the kids moan then tough.mthey need to learn not to be selfish.

Oh and there are jobs out there, for me anyways. in the last 2yrs I've had 3 job interviews, first job a no but referred for second job. Didn't take second job as 3rd job offered more mony.
Wife in similar boat. Been offered x amount of jobs but they can't match salary.

Last edited by RobsyUK; 02 April 2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02 April 2013, 02:02 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Oh and all scoobyneters are scum...lol
Old 02 April 2013, 02:10 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
Oh and all scoobyneters are scum...lol

but most of us actually own imprezas
Old 02 April 2013, 02:22 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

As said above I see unemployable people every day, lumps of metal in their faces,large unsightly tattoo's, stupid hairstyles etc. They all say they cannot find work...........No **** Sherlock!

Everyday I hear excuse after excuse why folks cannot find work, it really pisses me off, when I was growing up I could do anything except things that made it harder for me to find work even just getting one ear pierced caused ructions in my house, you now see people with their kids names down each side of their necks and winge no one will give them a job, you should of thought about that before getting inked!

If I lost my job today I could guarantee to anyone here I would be in work within 48 hours, granted it would be in a fast food outlet but i WOULD be working!

"I'm not doing that!" is where our problem lies, I would pick **** up off the floor if it meant my family was fed and warm but we allow ******* to think that certain types of work could be beneath them! WTF!

I'm sick of my hard earned going to families that have never worked bringing more kids into this world with no work ethic at all! makes me want to puke.
Old 02 April 2013, 02:25 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by specialx
As said above I see unemployable people every day, lumps of metal in their faces,large unsightly tattoo's, stupid hairstyles etc. They all say they cannot find work...........No **** Sherlock!

Everyday I hear excuse after excuse why folks cannot find work, it really pisses me off, when I was growing up I could do anything except things that made it harder for me to find work even just getting one ear pierced caused ructions in my house, you now see people with their kids names down each side of their necks and winge no one will give them a job, you should of thought about that before getting inked!

If I lost my job today I could guarantee to anyone here I would be in work within 48 hours, granted it would be in a fast food outlet but i WOULD be working!

"I'm not doing that!" is where our problem lies, I would pick **** up off the floor if it meant my family was fed and warm but we allow ******* to think that certain types of work could be beneath them! WTF!

I'm sick of my hard earned going to families that have never worked bringing more kids into this world with no work ethic at all! makes me want to puke.

the neck tattoo does seem to be the mark of a bellend.

i was on holiday last week and caught an episode of jezza kyle.

every idiot on it had the neck twattoo.

Quick Reply: Benefit Receivers .....