Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related
View Poll Results: Should the death penalty be re-instated?
Yes
61.11%
No
38.89%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Death Penalty?

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2012, 11:06 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ScooByer Trade, i think you mean counselling, not medicine. Paracetamol probably isn't quite what's needed here.
Old 08 October 2012, 12:36 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Les you do realise that just repeating the same untruth over and over again, doesn't miraculously change it into a truth?

I think a great deterrent would be to execute the families of murders...that would make them think twice.

You got the stomach for that?
I have to say Martin that you really have run out of any kind of sensible backing for your own ideas about the ultimate penalty. Talk about scraping the barrel!

What on earth are you thinking about with your second paragraph anyway? What kind of logic can you apply to that?

I would not go so far as to say that you appear to have lost it, just a complete dearth of ideas when it comes to criticising what I have said!

Les
Old 08 October 2012, 12:41 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I have to say Martin that you really have run out of any kind of sensible backing for your own ideas about the ultimate penalty. Talk about scraping the barrel!

What on earth are you thinking about with your second paragraph anyway? What kind of logic can you apply to that?

I would not go so far as to say that you appear to have lost it, just a complete dearth of ideas when it comes to criticising what I have said!

Les
Nice deflection Les

Now back to the subject. I have done nothing BUT put forward moral and rational arguments. The pro DP mob (including yourself) have so far not provided a single argument that is both rational and moral. So here's your chance, give it a go...
Old 08 October 2012, 12:51 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ScooByer Trade
SkullFudge, her father should be on some sort of medication mate.Possibly Aripiprizole, these are antipsycotic drugs.

Nath.
Sorry got to quote this again, since your edit to add the drug.

Just clarify, you think aripiprazole would be effective in countering the desire to molest young girls? Given that it's just an antipsychotic/antidepressant? Sure there are drugs that could be administered to reduce sexual reactions, but this isn't one of them. Just confused where you're going with this.
Old 08 October 2012, 02:06 PM
SkullFudge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Skull Fudge, just to be clear. You and your wife both want her father killed. Do i have that right?

?? I haven't said that.
It's obvious he has an unbalanced mind as it's far from normal to do such things and I agree it's probably something that can be controlled by medical aid. I haven't said he should been killed.

Regarding people that think nothing of killing people (ie the two women PC lately) I personally feel that he has no right to live as most are sane. They are fully aware they kill people.

Weather they administer a lethal injection or beat him to death in a cell I would have exactly the same attitude as him, I really wouldn't care, and yes I still don't see why you and I and everyone else reading this should donate taxes to give the scum a nice cosy place to live for the rest of his days.

If others feel the DP is wrong, fair enough, I respect all beliefs.

Last edited by SkullFudge; 08 October 2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08 October 2012, 02:13 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SkullFudge
?? I haven't said that.
Phew. It just sounded like your opinion about the death penalty had been formed/changed since the tragic incident with your father-in-law. Many people would want him dead but i thought it was a bit strong for a relation to say it outright.
Old 08 October 2012, 02:26 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by SkullFudge
?? I haven't said that.
It's obvious he has an unbalanced mind as it's far from normal to do such things and I agree it's probably something that can be controlled by medical aid. I haven't said he should been killed.

Regarding people that think nothing of killing people (ie the two women PC lately) I personally feel that he has no right to live as most are sane. They are fully aware they kill people.

Weather they administer a lethal injection or beat him to death in a cell I would have exactly the same attitude as him, I really wouldn't care, and yes I still don't see why you and I and everyone else reading this should donate taxes to give the scum a nice cosy place to live for the rest of his days.

If others feel the DP is wrong, fair enough, I respect all beliefs.
Even Pete's?!
Old 08 October 2012, 06:40 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Bring back corporal punishment!
Old 08 October 2012, 08:38 PM
SkullFudge
Scooby Regular

Phew. It just sounded like your opinion about the death penalty had been formed/changed since the tragic incident with your father-in-law. Many people would want him dead but i thought it was a bit strong for a relation to say it outright.
No relation just a friend
Old 08 October 2012, 08:54 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

Sorry got to quote this again, since your edit to add the drug.

Just clarify, you think aripiprazole would be effective in countering the desire to molest young girls? Given that it's just an antipsychotic/antidepressant? Sure there are drugs that could be administered to reduce sexual reactions, but this isn't one of them. Just confused where you're going with this.

Not going anywhere else with it Telboy, don't know the appropriate medicine see.Going to a shrink plus any other methods in conjuction i am sure would help .Killing him isn't the ansewer, just saying.Maybe i am soft in the head, i don't know.

Last edited by ScooByer Trade; 08 October 2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09 October 2012, 12:49 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Nice deflection Les

Now back to the subject. I have done nothing BUT put forward moral and rational arguments. The pro DP mob (including yourself) have so far not provided a single argument that is both rational and moral. So here's your chance, give it a go...
As usual you are just making pronouncements which have little or no meaning when it comes to the subject under discussion.

You are perfectly entitled to your views about capital punishment of course as indeed so do I.

I have already stated the rational and moral reasons for my view so there is no point in doing it all over again!

You could of course tell us a really effective way of saving innocent peoples' lives by instituting a positive method to dissuade people from murdering the innocent.

Les
Old 09 October 2012, 01:00 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

As usual you are just making pronouncements which have little or no meaning when it comes to the subject under discussion.

You are perfectly entitled to your views about capital punishment of course as indeed so do I.

I have already stated the rational and moral reasons for my view so there is no point in doing it all over again!

You could of course tell us a really effective way of saving innocent peoples' lives by instituting a positive method to dissuade people from murdering the innocent.

Les
STOP BLOODY WELL BLUSTERING AND ANSWER THE FRIGGIN QUESTION
Old 09 October 2012, 01:10 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Chocks away and tally ho. I do admire your perseverance, Martin
Old 09 October 2012, 01:15 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I'd just give up.
Old 09 October 2012, 01:55 PM
New_scooby_04

Old 09 October 2012, 04:06 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STOP BLOODY WELL BLUSTERING AND ANSWER
THE FRIGGIN QUESTION
Old 09 October 2012, 05:50 PM
New_scooby_04

Old 09 October 2012, 06:57 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Considering you're meant to be on the intelligent side,cool as ice and all that,you appear to be getting awfully frustrated at a rapid rate.Calm down or you'll lose your head
Old 11 October 2012, 03:49 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Try taking your own advice Martin!

I already have done anyway, you have to read peoples' posts before you start jumping up and down like a prat and acting in such a rude and unpleasant manner.

How about answering my question to you about your own definitive answer to deter people from doing a bit of murdering then!

Les
Old 11 October 2012, 04:08 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Try taking your own advice Martin!

I already have done anyway, you have to read peoples' posts before you start jumping up and down like a prat and acting in such a rude and unpleasant manner.

How about answering my question to you about your own definitive answer to deter people from doing a bit of murdering then!

Les
Les, this is ridiculous!

If you bothered to actually read the thread you would know that I and several others have made our points ad-nauseam.

All you have countered this with is repetitive un-facts about deterrents

The fact remains that nobodoy...nobody has answered the question I asked, mainly because there is no way of answering it in favour of the DP.

BTW look at some of the people who voted on the poll, are you happy aligning yourself with them??
Old 11 October 2012, 04:30 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Quick les you'd better have a change of mind,being associated with us on the for DP list is somewhat damaging your reputation,you could run the risk of also becoming Thick...
Old 11 October 2012, 04:41 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK

Quick les you'd better have a change of mind,being associated with us on the for DP list is somewhat damaging your reputation,you could run the risk of also becoming Thick...
I don't think I called anyone thick, but if that's what you think of your fellow DP supporters... mind you it would explain a few things
Old 11 October 2012, 05:04 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
You're not being serious though, are you? I've read and enjoyed your project threads and know you're not in Team Thick, so where does this come from? Surely when you shelve your emotions you can rationalise through to conclude that what you're saying is steaming horseshít?
Are you not on the same side as JTaylor mart,who called us team thick,so you might as well of called it us yourself too....
Old 11 October 2012, 05:06 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
Are you not on the same side as JTaylor mart,who called us team thick,so you might as well of called it us yourself too....
oh is that how it works?

there are no shades of grey of SNet are there?
Old 11 October 2012, 05:21 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
I wasn't referring to people who support the death penalty; there are those that are both pro-dp and in possesion of formidable intellects. No, I was referring to people who are generally unthinking. Having said that, if the cap fits...