Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "The only good Kraut is a dead Kraut"

So says Patrick Moore.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-fianc-e.html
Old 01 May 2012, 02:33 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Got to admire his candour IF he actually said those things, we know the propensity of the Daily Fail to publish hearsay and rumours as fact. Especially where certain sections of the world are concerned.
Old 01 May 2012, 02:38 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

And I am sure they are genuine feelings and many of the older generation feel the same way about the Japanese.

And there is no point in saying that times have changed but irresponsible to publish them.

dl
Old 01 May 2012, 02:45 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by David Lock
And I am sure they are genuine feelings and many of the older generation feel the same way about the Japanese.

And there is no point in saying that times have changed but irresponsible to publish them.

dl
There is no reason to publish them. There are very few countries who do not have skeletons in the cupboard.
Old 01 May 2012, 02:47 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't see the issue, he is of a generation who had his life changed for the worse (if not ruined) and will always have that deep seated hatred for what happened.

And absolutely @

He continued: ‘I’m no European. Why? Go to Europe and look around. The Germans tried to conquer us. The French betrayed us. The Belgians did very little and the Italians made us our ice cream.

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 01 May 2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01 May 2012, 02:52 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

That world doesn't exist anymore. Germany now is an example to the rest of Europe and are single handedly propping up the Eurozone. If Germany fails then so will Europe as a whole.
Old 01 May 2012, 03:08 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I lived in Germany for quite some time and got on very well with the people who were in the main very pleasant and friendly and who also were good people.

I did meet the odd one or two in the South who thought along exactly the same lines as "That Man" and his egregious mates and whose characters were pretty alarming. Sort of thing you might well find in any country of course.

If you visit one of the wartime concentration camps you will find that everything is preserved just as it was and nothing is kept hidden from the visitor. They are known as "DenkPlatz" if I have got the word right, which stands for a place to generate thought about the subject in hand, it is treated as a warning about what could happen as indeed it did. Those camps can only be described as truly dreadful places. Not very nice to stand inside one of the death rooms and look up to see the shower heads where the Zyklon B used to come into the room!

Les
Old 01 May 2012, 04:01 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
I don't see the issue, he is of a generation who had his life changed for the worse (if not ruined) and will always have that deep seated hatred for what happened.

And absolutely @

I thought this was quite ironic.
He says that he hates Krauts but was happy enough to receive a knighthood from one of their descendants.
Old 01 May 2012, 04:04 PM
New_scooby_04

Well if Patrick Moore says it:

Lock and load! Hang on, it was reported in the Daily Fail.... Stand down men, stand down!
Old 01 May 2012, 04:06 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
I thought this was quite ironic.
He says that he hates Krauts but was happy enough to receive a knighthood from one of their descendants.
*clicks fingers* Oh no you didn't!
Old 01 May 2012, 05:26 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can see why he would hold a grudge, they did kill his Fiance, but it was a war and to be fair they did as a nation cause it, or rather a group of individuals started it.

I dotn think we can hold current Germans responsible for the War, the Holocaust or anythign from then, apart from the odd one they are all dead It is a bit like when certain members of the Black community decided they wanted compensation off the British government for the slave trade, I am not responsible for what happened before 1834 just because I am white and nobody is entitled to compensation for what happened to someone else getting on for 200 years ago, same way a 40 year old German car worker cant be held accountable for killing millions of Jews.

Patrick Moore is probably being a little unfair saying what he said but I can understand why he would say it. I dont think a modern German person is any more likely to decide to embark on a campaign of extermination of another race than any other nationality, it isnt a national genetic preference for Jack Boots and Gassing people, it was a set of circumstances in history that allowed a nut job to take over a nation and enforce his will along with his carefully selected psychopathic colleages, a lot of the rest of the country was complicit and many people probably enjoyed it but the vast majority were following orders and took that option over becoming the victim themselves, I think some turned a blind eye to the horror and a lot saw themselves as a small cog, it is amazing what we will do as a species to survive.

The German people were ready for a change, they were pissed off with the Jews and other things they saw as being a problem or somehow a threat, not a million miles off how some people talk over here, right now, I am not entirly sure and this is a different world now but I am sure if the government started recruiting a force of Storm Troopers to round up anyone a bit brown there would be a significant volunteer force quite willing to do that kind of thing, the BNP would all volunteer for a start. The old phrase "be Careful what you wish for" applies here.

It isnt Gemans Mr Moore should be slagging off, it is human nature, stupidity, greed and some people not being wired right,
Old 01 May 2012, 05:30 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I can see why he would hold a grudge, they did kill his Fiance, but it was a war and to be fair they did as a nation cause it, or rather a group of individuals started it.

I dotn think we can hold current Germans responsible for the War, the Holocaust or anythign from then, apart from the odd one they are all dead It is a bit like when certain members of the Black community decided they wanted compensation off the British government for the slave trade, I am not responsible for what happened before 1834 just because I am white and nobody is entitled to compensation for what happened to someone else getting on for 200 years ago, same way a 40 year old German car worker cant be held accountable for killing millions of Jews.

Patrick Moore is probably being a little unfair saying what he said but I can understand why he would say it. I dont think a modern German person is any more likely to decide to embark on a campaign of extermination of another race than any other nationality, it isnt a national genetic preference for Jack Boots and Gassing people, it was a set of circumstances in history that allowed a nut job to take over a nation and enforce his will along with his carefully selected psychopathic colleages, a lot of the rest of the country was complicit and many people probably enjoyed it but the vast majority were following orders and took that option over becoming the victim themselves, I think some turned a blind eye to the horror and a lot saw themselves as a small cog, it is amazing what we will do as a species to survive.

The German people were ready for a change, they were pissed off with the Jews and other things they saw as being a problem or somehow a threat, not a million miles off how some people talk over here, right now, I am not entirly sure and this is a different world now but I am sure if the government started recruiting a force of Storm Troopers to round up anyone a bit brown there would be a significant volunteer force quite willing to do that kind of thing, the BNP would all volunteer for a start. The old phrase "be Careful what you wish for" applies here.

It isnt Gemans Mr Moore should be slagging off, it is human nature, stupidity, greed and some people not being wired right,
^^^ **** lover
Old 01 May 2012, 07:38 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Wink

I dont think a modern German person is any more likely to decide to embark on a campaign of extermination
This time they're taking over Europe through financial dependency and politics
Old 01 May 2012, 10:00 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Yes they are but this time it is their hard work and efficiency rather than genocidal maniacs and Rocket propelled long range bombs.
Old 01 May 2012, 10:10 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Yes but when they do it ever so "polietly and dignified" the rest just smile and allow it.
The Germans own quite a few companies in the U.K.
Old 01 May 2012, 10:12 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

That's Sir Mr Moore to you. He needs a personification of the reason for his fiances death. In this case, that is the Bosch. His comments aren't really hurting anyone in my mind.
Old 02 May 2012, 08:20 AM
New_scooby_04

Anyone else thinking of this clip........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlQ9KLrC4Us

No, just me then!
Old 02 May 2012, 08:35 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
There is no reason to publish them. There are very few countries who do not have skeletons in the cupboard.
North Korea is on one of those countries where these kinds of camps still exist holding hundreds of thousands of their own citizens in appalling conditions.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012...ea-prison-camp
Old 02 May 2012, 08:37 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Leslie

If you visit one of the wartime concentration camps you will find that everything is preserved just as it was and nothing is kept hidden from the visitor. They are known as "DenkPlatz" if I have got the word right, which stands for a place to generate thought about the subject in hand, it is treated as a warning about what could happen as indeed it did. Those camps can only be described as truly dreadful places. Not very nice to stand inside one of the death rooms and look up to see the shower heads where the Zyklon B used to come into the room!

Les
A couple of my friends have visited these camps. They said it was extremely chilling and very moving. I don't think I could do it. Schindlers List killed me when I watched it. Don't think I have ever cried so much at a film before
Old 02 May 2012, 09:34 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75
Yes but when they do it ever so "polietly and dignified" the rest just smile and allow it.
The Germans own quite a few companies in the U.K.
As do the Japanese, Chinese, Indians, Spanish, Americans etc etc.
Old 02 May 2012, 11:50 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

The trouble with the Germans is they clearly want to controll everything hence their complete disregard for democracy on other EU countries. They are at their same old tricks again only this time using a different method and soon the whole of Europe will be slaves to them without even a fight. I fully understsand popele that mistrust them as they seem to be on a constant drive for domintation of Europe.
Old 02 May 2012, 12:28 PM
...seamus...
Scooby Regular

If I ever make it to his age I want trousers that come up to my **** like this ...

Old 02 May 2012, 01:23 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

WTF! I thought Simon Cowell had a high waistline.
Old 02 May 2012, 01:29 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
The trouble with the Germans is they clearly want to controll everything hence their complete disregard for democracy on other EU countries. They are at their same old tricks again only this time using a different method and soon the whole of Europe will be slaves to them without even a fight. I fully understsand popele that mistrust them as they seem to be on a constant drive for domintation of Europe.

But isn't the global control/domination thing the same with China, Japan, and even the USA!

Historically; The Uk and Spanish/Portugese etc weren't much better, conquering, enslaving and colonising far regions of the planet.

Last edited by ALi-B; 02 May 2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02 May 2012, 01:43 PM
AWDsu
Scooby Regular

keep it real.
if you want to be a real **** , then go get a german car...... i dont mean a bmw hairdresser job , , , i mean a propper german car .. the T R A B A N T .. . .!
Old 02 May 2012, 01:51 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
What complete and utter claptrap!! Do you actually know any Germans?

99.99% of Germans have nothing to do with or have any say in what goes on same as 99.99% of Brits have no say in what goes on! Also most of them are pissed off with OUR money being used to bail out Europe. I pay through the nose in tax and what do I get in return? Sweet FA. The German government are the ones bailing out Europe and coming up with plans to try and hold things together.

If the German people had a say they would do exactly what the Brits would do as say sod'em, you got into this mess so you can get yourself out of it. Why should I pay to bail out all these corrupt countries? How many billions have Greece received in bailouts and are still up **** creak and need more?

Patrick Moore may have lost a loved one to a GERMAN bomb! How does he know it was a **** bomb? At a rough guess I would say it was a Luftwaffe pilot that dropped it and as with the Wehrmacht and Kriegsmarine very few of them were actually *****.

You should try going to Dachau and read up on the camps or hearing from ordinary Germans about the war, alot of them had no idea what attrocities were going on. Propaganda is a great double edged weapon. The Americans used it in Vietnam to convince the normal yanks things were going well and Charlie was completely to blame etc, the Koreans and Chinese still use it to control their own people

I have met a few Germans who survived the war and told me all about running to the shelters and listening as British bombs exploded round them, and they have welcomed me with open arms and hold no anamosity towards me even though I am English.

The Germans have some funny ways but in General are friendly and welcoming and have some fantastic traditions and beerfests were anyone is welcome and is free to join in no matter what race, creed or colour you are. You are made to feel welcome even if you do not speak German, you can just join in to a stammtisch aslong as you participate to the best of your ability. You will probably get invited to sit down and join in. Fat chance of that happening in the UK. You are more likely to get your head kicked in for looking at someone the wrong way.

Last edited by Wurzel; 02 May 2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03 May 2012, 11:56 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee247
A couple of my friends have visited these camps. They said it was extremely chilling and very moving. I don't think I could do it. Schindlers List killed me when I watched it. Don't think I have ever cried so much at a film before
I understand your feelings Lee.

When I visited Sachsenhausen which was a camp where the captured commandos were told as they entered that they would not leave the place alive, I got so angry when I reached the place where the medical experiments were carried out,I had to leave the place immediately. We do have to remember that these atrocities were carried out by a particular group of people who were bound up with Adolf and who were totally selfish and furthering their own careers with no conscience of course.

As I was leaving the camp area I saw an elderly man sitting on a bench in the trees etc. I had a chat with him, he was a local who lived all his life in the area. This was in East Germany after the war until reunification of Germany and he told me that the camp was used in exactly the same way with similar ill treatment as the ***** had up until 1963! Bit of a shock that!

Les
Old 03 May 2012, 05:44 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Leslie
I understand your feelings Lee.

When I visited Sachsenhausen which was a camp where the captured commandos were told as they entered that they would not leave the place alive, I got so angry when I reached the place where the medical experiments were carried out,I had to leave the place immediately. We do have to remember that these atrocities were carried out by a particular group of people who were bound up with Adolf and who were totally selfish and furthering their own careers with no conscience of course.

As I was leaving the camp area I saw an elderly man sitting on a bench in the trees etc. I had a chat with him, he was a local who lived all his life in the area. This was in East Germany after the war until reunification of Germany and he told me that the camp was used in exactly the same way with similar ill treatment as the ***** had up until 1963! Bit of a shock that!

Les
To be honest, Les. I wish I was brave enough to go but I know what I would be like. Three things stick vividly in my mind from Schindlers List. The smoking chimney in Auschwitz with all the ash looking like snow, the children standing on the steps waving to their parents and the remaining Jews putting stones on Schindlers grave.

You should write a book you know, Les. You have led a very interesting life and I enjoy reading about your various stages of it
Old 03 May 2012, 07:27 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
What complete and utter claptrap!! Do you actually know any Germans?

I have met plenty and the facts still stand they started 2 world wars and are now stamping on demcracy all over Europe with their Froggie lapdogsin tow, is it really so hard for you to understand that for many neither the German or Russians can ever be trusted again.