Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

'Free Speech' on BBC3 Now

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2012, 10:32 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 'Free Speech' on BBC3 Now

Anyone watching this? Almost fell off my seat there. The discussion is about getting young people into work and what we should be doing about it.

They play a mini documentary video clip made by a few audience members who are unemployed: basically a sob story. First guy that's on is a black guy that looks like a f*cking rapper or a gangster, straight outta Compton! They show him going to various places to apply for jobs, and he just swaggers in there in his hoodie with the hood up! He no doubt addressed the guy at reception as 'blud'.

What planet are these people on if they think they'll get a job like that? And imagine whinging about it when you can't even be arsed to make an effort.
Old 07 March 2012, 10:40 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Missed that bit, just caught the cycling debate and cheap booze
Old 07 March 2012, 11:04 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Sixth-form horseshít.
Old 07 March 2012, 11:16 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

He was in the film 'Kidulthood'. Other than that, no idea what he's done. They might as well have got someone off the street.
Old 08 March 2012, 06:49 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Guy with the hat was Dappy:

from wikipedia

Costadinos Contostavlos[1] (born 11 June 1987) better known by his stage name Dappy, is a British singer-songwriter, rapper, and actor. He is best known for being the lead singer of the Camden-based Grime/hip hop/R&B trio N-Dubz, with his cousin Tulisa and their friend Fazer. He is known for his slightly unusual dress sense and his love for what he describes as "eye-catching headwear". His trademark is wearing a selection of woolly chullos (sometimes referred to as "Dappy hats"), turning up one of or both the ear-flaps of the hat.
Old 08 March 2012, 08:19 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I thought exactly the same. For one thing I absolutely hate the "Gangsta" speak kids do these days, even my daughter comes home from school speaking like it and we live in Northampton! Hardly a ghetto... To anyone with half a brain cell, it sounds awful. And the girl with the baby, less said about that the better

Switched off after 15 minutes, but didn't think Dappy was a guest.
Old 08 March 2012, 09:57 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Lol, it wasn't Dappy. His name is Adam Deacon (just googled it). Just watched that bit back and the guy didn't wear his hood up when he went in like I originally thought, to give him credit. But still... a load of tripe. If the country was run by these people we'd be in trouble.

They were complaining last night that there's nothing young people 'want to do' and that we should listen to them and come up with something that way. I can just see it now: "I'd like a job where I sit around smoking weed and listening to rap, please. Or testing computer games. Yeah, we should be creating more jobs in the technology industry 'cause it's the future, innit, blud."
Old 08 March 2012, 10:42 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

i wonder what the actual vocabulary of these kids is

prob less that 250 words, substantially less that my 6 year old twins

we seem to have created a zero aspiration society, with the "easy way is the best way" mentality
Old 08 March 2012, 10:48 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

It's discrimination though isn't it?

The sub-culture he 'belongs to' is frowned upon by employers.
Old 08 March 2012, 01:37 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Some of the comment from the assembled audience was frankly bewildering, uninformed and so naive.

The education system really does need a kick in the 'arris!
Old 08 March 2012, 02:03 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
Lol, it wasn't Dappy. His name is Adam Deacon (just googled it). Just watched that bit back and the guy didn't wear his hood up when he went in like I originally thought, to give him credit. But still... a load of tripe. If the country was run by these people we'd be in trouble.

They were complaining last night that there's nothing young people 'want to do' and that we should listen to them and come up with something that way. I can just see it now: "I'd like a job where I sit around smoking weed and listening to rap, please. Or testing computer games. Yeah, we should be creating more jobs in the technology industry 'cause it's the future, innit, blud."

Sure it wasn't Dappy's separated at birth long lost cousins twin sisters mothers brother ?
Old 08 March 2012, 02:15 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Shows that a decent upbringing is so very important. Must be largely down to the parents surely.

Les
Old 08 March 2012, 02:39 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
i wonder what the actual vocabulary of these kids is

prob less that 250 words, substantially less that my 6 year old twins

we seem to have created a zero aspiration society, with the "easy way is the best way" mentality
Bang on!

Unfortunately the welfare state has ended natural selelction as we know it!
Old 08 March 2012, 04:36 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss

Christ from what ive seen of "Dappy" this fella by comparison was Einstein Freud and Osar Wilde rolled into one.
Old 08 March 2012, 06:51 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mattstant
Christ from what ive seen of "Dappy" this fella by comparison was Einstein Freud and Osar Wilde rolled into one.
Recall seeing him on NMT Buzzcocks and he was indeed hysterically thick !
Old 09 March 2012, 09:34 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

This made me laugh, and it just about sums up the situation: http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-201203074982/