Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Proud and Prejudiced

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2012, 10:20 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Proud and Prejudiced

Interesting programme on C4 right now on a very contentious subject.
Old 27 February 2012, 10:28 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonc
Interesting programme on C4 right now on a very contentious subject.
The EDL are an embarrassment.
Old 27 February 2012, 10:41 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Have to agree. They have some good points and then completely discredit themselves by the way they carry on.
Old 27 February 2012, 10:44 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

I can't understand how any tiny group of individuals, no matter of what 'colour', can get so much publicity.
Old 27 February 2012, 10:48 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

If they could only take out the thug mentality element that resides in the EDL, they may be a more credible movement. But as it stands they are no better than the islamic extremist the protest against.
Old 27 February 2012, 11:10 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

That is the problem. You just wonder what is running through their heads stating that the council will have to take them seriously while shouting at the tops of their voices and swinging bottles of beer in their hands.

On another note, why on earth where the Muslims taking their children along to witness the confrontations?
Old 28 February 2012, 10:12 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

By the end of the programme, Tommy Robinson did come across as a complete idiot. I can't help thinking that if he went about his protest in a more responsible and dignified way, he'd have a more wider appeal rather than attracting extreme fascists and gladiatorial football yobs. Even so he does lead the largest far right group in Britain. I'm not condoning his views as I suspect that what lies beneath that thin veneer of "English-ness" and "inclusiveness" are more extreme views of hate and bigotry.

Sayful Islam is no different, but goes about his protest in a different way. By bringing children to his protests it will only serve to witness and instill the hostility of the "infidels" and nurture the fear and hatred that results from these abusive and often violent protests for the next generation of firebrand preachers. Whether the intention is there or not, they serve as a convenient human shield as neither the police nor the people on the other side of the protesters would want to be seen attacking women and children.

Trending Topics

Old 28 February 2012, 10:30 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
By the end of the programme, Tommy Robinson did come across as a complete idiot. I can't help thinking that if he went about his protest in a more responsible and dignified way, he'd have a more wider appeal rather than attracting extreme fascists and gladiatorial football yobs. Even so he does lead the largest far right group in Britain. I'm not condoning his views as I suspect that what lies beneath that thin veneer of "English-ness" and "inclusiveness" are more extreme views of hate and bigotry.

Sayful Islam is no different, but goes about his protest in a different way. By bringing children to his protests it will only serve to witness and instill the hostility of the "infidels" and nurture the fear and hatred that results from these abusive and often violent protests for the next generation of firebrand preachers. Whether the intention is there or not, they serve as a convenient human shield as neither the police nor the people on the other side of the protesters would want to be seen attacking women and children.
"Far right" in what sense?
Old 28 February 2012, 12:46 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Extremism is never a satisfactory answer to any situation.

Les
Old 28 February 2012, 08:52 PM
wheelwright
Scooby Regular

On another note, why on earth where the Muslims taking their children along to witness the confrontations?
To drill into them "hate the British"
Old 28 February 2012, 09:13 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Yeah, it was more of a rhetorical question. I think its disgraceful and a form of child abuse taking them to witness that. The fact that they would put their 'cause' before their own childrens wellbeing is quite frightening.