anyone good with phones?

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2012, 12:19 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone good with phones?

Hi there,
My work phone a Nokia 3310, after 10 years of loyal service, has finally let me down.

Every time i switch it on, nothing comes up apart from 'contact service'. I've tried googling it, but most of the results may as well be in Chinese for all I understand of them. Let me give you a forinstance.

Well, I am using the Dr. Bizare's Combi Flasher Circuit. In that the MBus cable worked fine and i was able to do upload and download from the mobile. When i used the Flasher Cable also and used Rolis 479 to read from the phone, it gives me error Preloader initisation error. I tried it many times and even changed my Parallel Port interface from ECP to ECP+EPP. Now the phone is showing Contact Service and when ever even i try to connect mbus and use Eeprom Tools to find the error it shows me either Phone not connected or PPM Version unknown.
Does anyone know what the hell he's talking about? I am completely in the dark with regard to this and I haven't a clue.

Any help would be appreciated as this is the first time in a decade that it has even come close to dying and it has a lot of sentimental value, so if at all possible I'd like to resurrect it.

Cheers in advance,
Astraboy.
Old 15 February 2012, 05:28 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

This might help >>> http://bit.ly/zmOwP7
Old 15 February 2012, 06:36 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Well, I am using the Dr. Bizare's Combi Flasher Circuit. In that the MBus cable worked fine and i was able to do upload and download from the mobile. When i used the Flasher Cable also and used Rolis 479 to read from the phone, it gives me error Preloader initisation error. I tried it many times and even changed my Parallel Port interface from ECP to ECP+EPP. Now the phone is showing Contact Service and when ever even i try to connect mbus and use Eeprom Tools to find the error it shows me either Phone not connected or PPM Version unknown.
Dude, its gotta be our resident technotronic AliB's relative writing this^ piece. AliB is a self-crowned PhD in nutsnbolts, and he writes stuff of the kind that no one understands but himself. I suggest it's worth waiting till AliB returns from his ventures, then you can quiz him about the matter.