Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Gatsos Pi$$ me off!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2002, 12:38 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Got an NIP through the bloody door the other day. Not to happy. I drive past this gatso every day and i always check my speed. Im wondering now how the hell it caught me. Tell me guys, do i ask for the photographic evidence which they claim to have? Whats the deal?

This speeding thing is seriously getting out of hand, and we are not standing up against it. Almost everyone i know has points on their license. A mate of mine recently got prosecuted for doing 31mph in a 30 zone (1mph over). Now come on thats just taking the pi$$. There are enough people on this BBS to cause a SERIOUS stir up and i think we should try and do something about it as a BBS community, as it is quickly getting out of hand. Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards

Scrappy
Old 01 May 2002, 07:43 AM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Where was this scrappy?
Old 01 May 2002, 07:53 AM
Steve 555
Scooby Regular

Angry

It's a bummer . Try this Scrappy:

www.speed-trap.co.uk

This should give you some good pointers.

Hope it works well

Steve
Old 01 May 2002, 09:02 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

...and join the Association of British Drivers.

Ask to see the pictures, even if you remember it. Also, wasn't your friend from Australia over that week and he was driving your car that day????

Matt
Old 01 May 2002, 09:42 AM
AliWrx
Scooby Regular

Its worth while asking to see the evidence, mistakes do happen!

Also at least you wheel feel you are getting something for your £60!

I frame mine.

Ali
Old 01 May 2002, 10:20 AM
Dan B
Scooby Regular

The ABD want 20quid Isn't Scoobynet or SIDC an Affiliated member?
Old 01 May 2002, 12:46 PM
sillysi
Scooby Regular

scrappydoo,

I am suprised that your mate was done for 1mph over the limit. I would not of thought car speedos were that acurate.
Old 01 May 2002, 02:17 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

Dan,
The ABD want 20quid
So?

Matt
Old 01 May 2002, 11:53 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Honestly sillysi, Thats exactly what i said to him but he just gave in his license and forgot about it.

Niceone mutant_matt. Actually i do have a cousin from down under. :-)

I will ask for the evidence but there would probably be no point in fighting it. I will decide when i see the photos.

Thanks Guys.

Scrappy
PS Watch out for any speeding device of any kind. When it gets you you get really pi$$ed.
Old 03 May 2002, 10:16 AM
Dan B
Scooby Regular

Matt -> I'm poor already from my damn car......
Old 03 May 2002, 02:49 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Well the simple answer is don't speed, you lot whinge daily about speeding traps and gatsos blah blah blah, if you don't want to get caught then don't do it, then the Govenrnment won't get any money to by new cameras and pay for cops to waste time sitting on the side of the road with a 25,000 pound laser gun hoping to catch some idiot who thinks he is above the law, only to collect a 30 quid speeding fine. You ain't doing yourselves any favours by 1) speeding and 2) complaining. so just live with it or stand for Prime Minister and change the laws yourself.

[Edited by Wurzel - 5/3/2002 2:53:06 PM]
Old 03 May 2002, 03:20 PM
yoza
BANNED

Lightbulb

The answer, (before reading this I dont recommend you take any of this advice it was written tongue in cheek,as a joke and I dont want to get zapped for it)
Put "car for sale notices" in the local shop windows,post date two of them to co-inside with the week before your snap was taken,just write it on the back.Send this evidence of "car for sale" off to where ever your fixed penalty address is,along with a note explaining that you were not driving the car at that time.Give the addresses of the shops that your notices are still in along with a phone number for proof.The driver on that day was a prospective buyer,who test drove the car,but left no details and never returned to buy the car.Its a long shot but let them prove it was you driving,they wont be bothered.
And hope they arent reading this thread or you will look a t**t!
Old 03 May 2002, 03:37 PM
DJFish
Scooby Regular

Good advice from all there, esp. Mr Wurzel,

I live within 2 mins from 4 speed cameras all in 30 zones, in a town it's very difficult to drive constantly below 30, however hard you try as you'll always get some goon trying to get into your boot.

Thing is, Gatso's are triggered by cars travelling towards them. I've been past the one 100yards from my drive at well below 30 and it's been triggered by an oncoming car, this makes me **** my pants every time it happens.

Are you sure you were under the speed limit? If so it could by a case of mistooked identity, otherwise are you sure no-one borrowed your motor on the day in question?

Get a photo and get it checked.

Good luck
Dave
Old 05 May 2002, 02:52 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

I cant stand self-rightous prats like Wurzel. You tell me that you have never broken the speed limit in your life. Not even by 1 mph.? Bo77ocks mate.

Yoza thats quite a good idea. hehe!! I bet you would try and get out of any circumstance mate even if there was definate prove that you were involved. :-)

DJ fish, I cant really remember the day in question but the day after i was due to go racing and i remember thinking that i had better not break the speed cos i wouldnt want the points before i went on the track day. Thats why i thought it was strange. Anyway ive sent off for the pics so we shall see. It was most probably me
cos they had the right time and everything.

Old 05 May 2002, 05:56 PM
yoza
BANNED

Wink

Scrappydoo,
Is right,let them do the work proving your guillty.
You would be absolutely amazed at what you can get off with under a technicality,even a daft thing like a wrong address,yes honestly.And they quite often fu*k up believe me
Old 06 May 2002, 01:03 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Yoza, Just checking the NIP they posted through and they have spelt my name wrong and my address.
Old 06 May 2002, 01:10 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Yoza, Just checking the NIP they posted through and they have spelt my name wrong and my address.
Lucky bast*rd.
Old 06 May 2002, 01:18 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Question regarding incorrectly spelt names/addresses etc.
I'd be careful as the nip data probably comes from the dvla. The dvla data comes from you. so it could be said that you provided the dvla with incorrect information and could be done for that if proved!
More than likely though it's the fault of the dvla data entry people although not sure who is untimately reponsible. could be you or the dvla. you get your v5 form back and should check that and inform the dvla if it's got incorrect info.

just thinking out loud really.

If you're gonna speed (where safe! - in 30's it's ususally unsafe compared to 50/60/70's) then be careful, eyes open etc. that's what I do and my licence is clean(currently!).
Old 07 May 2002, 12:04 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Fully agree with you katana.
Wurzel, I am happy for you, + i havent been convicted yet for any crime so save it mate.
Old 07 May 2002, 01:50 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
I got flashed on saturday....driving a Bentley Turbo (ooerr)

Not mine either (or nicked before anyone starts). doing 35 in a 30. Just gotta grit me teeth and wait to see if anything happens!

how the hell you keep something with 600lb/ft at 30? Scoobs bad enough!

Old 05 June 2002, 01:23 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Scrappydoo who the **** are you to call me a self rightous prat, all I said was if you can't handle getting caught then don't do the crime, and for your information I have been caught speeding several times but I don't bleat about it. The government has given you enough warnings about zero tolerance, you broke the law so just live with it.

[Edited by Wurzel - 5/6/2002 1:29:04 PM]
Old 05 June 2002, 01:35 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

The government has given you enough warnings about zero tolerance, you broke the law so just live with it.
Yeah but their priorities are a bit off in my view. Sure that traffic offenses could get them more dosh, but what about the heartache and pain caused by vandals, burglars and rapists? If they only had their priorities straight, BNP wouldn't have won any seats in Burnpley or something. Can't really remember because they're probably just inbred freaks anyway.

But the point is, respect for the government and police are in an all time low. How many of you had to resort to taking the law into your own hands because the police said they were under-staffed to solve your case? When they blatantly had 1000's patrolling the streets for any little traffic offenses?

Thats just sick and pathetic in my view. If I'm not mistaken, I even mentioned it to the plod last night...

[Edited by Katana - 5/6/2002 1:37:11 PM]