Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Walkers

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2012, 04:28 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Walkers

Weve a couple or 3 in our town , you probably seen them in yours , ones that spend ALL day walking the place,never stop

Mainly middle aged but there is a younger one and only one of them looks like hes got a slight problem -he wears the knowing smile whilst looking away and down mostly as if to say 'i told you so ' cocking the head slightly at the same time

How do they get by
Old 20 January 2012, 04:43 PM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like Sweet Thai Chilli ones
Old 20 January 2012, 04:46 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Id imagine any sweet thais are at work
Old 20 January 2012, 05:50 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dpb
Weve a couple or 3 in our town , you probably seen them in yours , ones that spend ALL day walking the place,never stop

Mainly middle aged but there is a younger one and only one of them looks like hes got a slight problem -he wears the knowing smile whilst looking away and down mostly as if to say 'i told you so ' cocking the head slightly at the same time

How do they get by
Store detectives .
Old 20 January 2012, 06:34 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
How do they get by

By walking.
Old 20 January 2012, 06:36 PM
Adam-M
Scooby Regular

When you are boring you need to give yourself something to look forward to, albeit by doing what cars are intended for lol
Old 20 January 2012, 06:42 PM
Adam-M
Scooby Regular

LOL when i clicked on this thread i was expecting to read something about walkers crisps company, thinking "oh **** not another UK company down the pan"
Old 20 January 2012, 07:01 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
By walking.
How does that pay the bills
Old 20 January 2012, 07:24 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

my wife walks.. 26miles infact and shes 26!!!! it's normally for charity. The people you see may be training...
Old 20 January 2012, 07:39 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb

If one is not doing it for a known cause, and if the repetitive activity is out of the ordinary, one may be doing this compulsive walking to manage one's psychological issues such as trauma, depression, anxiety, obsession etc., or have issues such as learning difficulties, other disorders etc. They may be looked after by their families, getting pensions or benefits etc., or, they may have some businesses from home e.g. dog kennels, they rent their farms to others' sheep etc. They may have savings, or paid up insurances, or they may even have investment bonds; I don't know. You need to stop them, and ask them one day. What I believe is that a compulsion isn't a living as "living" or a mockery. Its a mean of getting by, or a mean to live to a degree, with the help of the safety mechanism k.a. compulsive walking.
Old 20 January 2012, 08:52 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

we have a dude in our town who lives probaly 2 miles from the town highstreet who is a walker and a half , i always see him on the same road wandering back and forth with a can of coke pretty much every time i go out day/night and i have always said to the misus i wonder where he goes ....

turns out ..(info from a mate who works in the high street) the dude walks from home , into blockbuster video , flips all and i mean all the dvds over , reads the back of the dvds and games etc , buys a can of coke and then ***** off home , only to repeat the same thing about 2 -3 times a day . nuts or what !!

the guy does some milage lol and i have always thought why dont they just give the guy a job in there or something so he wouldnt have to walk back and forth but hey he obviously likes doin it .

odd story but thats the walker in my town
Old 20 January 2012, 08:56 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Adam-M
LOL when i clicked on this thread i was expecting to read something about walkers crisps company, thinking "oh **** not another UK company down the pan"
Well don't worry as they are not a UK company any longer.... which maybe why they are not 'down the pan'
Old 20 January 2012, 09:15 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
If one is not doing it for a known cause, and if the repetitive activity is out of the ordinary, one may be doing this compulsive walking to manage one's psychological issues such as trauma, depression, anxiety, obsession etc., or have issues such as learning difficulties, other disorders etc. They may be looked after by their families, getting pensions or benefits etc., or, they may have some businesses from home e.g. dog kennels, they rent their farms to others' sheep etc. They may have savings, or paid up insurances, or they may even have investment bonds; I don't know. You need to stop them, and ask them one day. What I believe is that a compulsion isn't a living as "living" or a mockery. Its a mean of getting by, or a mean to live to a degree, with the help of the safety mechanism k.a. compulsive walking.
Well that's fair enough has be said
Old 20 January 2012, 09:38 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dpb
Benefits, partner with multiple sprogs, probably walking about 24/7 to get away from the poorly parented sods...
Old 20 January 2012, 09:55 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

head shot?
Old 20 January 2012, 11:44 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Theres a couple where I live.

Theres also an amusing group of drunks that seem to meander about in packs. One fell in the river last year which was reasonably entertaining. They sometimes sit on the bench I can see from work, once one of them passed out and slammed his head into the pavement something shocking. Ambulance and everything.

I even got accosted by a female walker last year. She started walking next to me but like really close. I thought she was going to put her hand in my jacket pocket and asked her to move away to which she said "no". What do you do when some mentalist lady person won't leave you alone. Being aggressive makes you look just as bonkers. It wasn't until "leave me alone you f*cking crazy person" that she finally relented. Not very alpha male but it was oddly disturbing
Old 21 January 2012, 08:31 AM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by M444GY
we have a dude in our town who lives probaly 2 miles from the town highstreet who is a walker and a half , i always see him on the same road wandering back and forth with a can of coke pretty much every time i go out day/night and i have always said to the misus i wonder where he goes ....

turns out ..(info from a mate who works in the high street) the dude walks from home , into blockbuster video , flips all and i mean all the dvds over , reads the back of the dvds and games etc , buys a can of coke and then ***** off home , only to repeat the same thing about 2 -3 times a day . nuts or what !!

the guy does some milage lol and i have always thought why dont they just give the guy a job in there or something so he wouldnt have to walk back and forth but hey he obviously likes doin it .

odd story but thats the walker in my town
B******s, that'll be you.
Old 21 January 2012, 11:38 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

They used to stop for lunch at my local village pub in Sussex. About a dozen or so, instantly recognisable as they took their boots of at the door and wrapped their feet in M & S plastic bags before filling the small bar up with a herd of muddy dogs. Then they would order a drink and a sandwich - usually a half and a ham sarnie. And they all paid individually which took for ever as their money was kept in a pocket under 14 layers of yellow wind gear and jumpers.

But of course I didn't smile to myself when it started raining

dl
Old 21 January 2012, 01:48 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

They can't go anywhere wirhout all those spiky handpoles though!

Les