Old 27 December 2011, 03:20 PM
baz995
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone into RC Cars?

Hi All

Recently bought this for a bit of fun for my son:

http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/prod...za-wrc-rc-car/

I know its nothing amazing but when I was in the Phillipines the locals were mad on cars like this and modified them a lot, my question is can I do the same? Is it a simple case of uprating the battery (7.2v 600maH at the moment) the motor? or is it simply not worth it?

Thanks for looking
Old 27 December 2011, 03:33 PM
Dr.No
Scooby Regular

Linky no worky
Old 27 December 2011, 03:35 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

i have just bought my son a nitro car for xmas and i have found myself liking it very much tbh lol, however we had a little accident and broke the front wishbone/drop link/shocker& servo saver so i have ordered a shed load of uprated parts to strenthen the setup, i can see my subaru modding bug taking over his car, lol
Old 27 December 2011, 03:49 PM
baz995
Scooby Regular

try this link :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BBTradesales...5000941&sr=8-2
Old 27 December 2011, 03:57 PM
scooby1664
Scooby Regular

i just brought a 26cc 1\5 yama buggy liked it so much brought a team associated mgt 8.0 nitro man these are not cheap to keep going but man there fun :0
Old 27 December 2011, 05:55 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

hope you don't mind me high-jacking your thread but... I got my son one of these for Christmas http://www.storacingproducts.com/hbx...tro-buggy.html

It's brilliant fun and rapid but if you turn too sharp at speed the tyres come off the rims. Should this happen? Also how long should a 2100 glow charger last between charges.
Old 27 December 2011, 06:14 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by baz995
If its a ready built job then I wouldnt bother trying to make it faster. See if you and your lad like it and maybe get a kit for both to build and look round locally for a club.

Do a search in here for the RC thread search for Egress and thread will be in search results. Am on phone else i would put in the link.

Jer - tyres will come off if you dont glue them on.
Old 27 December 2011, 06:14 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jer
hope you don't mind me high-jacking your thread but... I got my son one of these for Christmas http://www.storacingproducts.com/hbx...tro-buggy.html

It's brilliant fun and rapid but if you turn too sharp at speed the tyres come off the rims. Should this happen? Also how long should a 2100 glow charger last between charges.
that should not happen for sure,, i would suggest you get another set of wheels/tyres, please dont take this the wrong way but the car you have bought is only an entry level car, fast , fun , but these suffer from little niggles like that,
Old 27 December 2011, 07:20 PM
baz995
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
If its a ready built job then I wouldnt bother trying to make it faster. See if you and your lad like it and maybe get a kit for both to build and look round locally for a club.

Do a search in here for the RC thread search for Egress and thread will be in search results. Am on phone else i would put in the link.

Jer - tyres will come off if you dont glue them on.
Thanks for the post Edd, the only reason I asked as its slow as hell, embarrasing in the scooby livery lol. When I was in the Phillipines the locals had these type of cars and did all sorts to them to make them faster, I was hoping just getting a better battery and motor might be a cheap upgrade whilst I work on the Mrs lol. I have no problems taking it apart and soldering etc.
Old 27 December 2011, 11:29 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm liking the small scale ones again having got one of my Sons one for Christmas. Got two old ones out the cupboard from years back and all still work fine and have been racing them round the house today. Got a mixture of 1:24 and 1:28 with Nissan GTR and 2 scoobies.

Now looking at getting this

http://www.auldeytoys.co.uk/Radio-Co...810-9d_283.htm

Found quite a few at 1:24 and 1:28 I wouldn't mind adding to the collection from either Nikko or Audley - just for my kids obviously.

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 27 December 2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 28 December 2011, 01:32 AM
Boro
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't bother with upgrading if I were you.

You're better off starting with something quick and where bits are readily available.

I'd go nitro any day, so much fun and the noise!!!!

Something like a hyper 7?
Old 28 December 2011, 11:09 AM
specialx
Former Sponsor

I've been a very lucky boy! one of my good mates (Fairly affluent ) gave me one of these bad boys!

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/cml...tId=0000005960

It's a Professional race spec of road buggy that does 60-70mph!
Old 28 December 2011, 12:41 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by baz995
Thanks for the post Edd, the only reason I asked as its slow as hell, embarrasing in the scooby livery lol. When I was in the Phillipines the locals had these type of cars and did all sorts to them to make them faster, I was hoping just getting a better battery and motor might be a cheap upgrade whilst I work on the Mrs lol. I have no problems taking it apart and soldering etc.
What you probably saw was RC racing. Quite different to bumbling about the local Tesco car park on a Sunday afternoon.

However, it really is a great sport to get into - for you and your son. Doesn't need to be too expensive (all the money in the world won't improve your driving if your **** - trust me, I know ) if he likes it and you like, go find a local club. Hopefully they'll be one reasonably close.

IMO, if you want to get into RC, I'd go for electric first. Like I said, no point having a ***** out fast as you like car if you can't corner with it without it cart wheeling into the bushes. One season, I ran a car that nobody had ever heard of (really good one though - Academy SB Sport) with a super stock motor and regularly beat a fellow 4WD racer who had a car three times as expensive with a motor almost twice as fast. He just couldn't keep it on the track.

Nitro is cool but can be frustrating if it won't start or the noise restricts where you can go. With electric you can get away with most play fields (when they are quiet - you're not insured BTW) yet you announce to the world you're there when you fire up the engine.

Heres the big RC thread

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...e-you-got.html