Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Warning!!! Origin Blue i (customer service - or lack of)

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2002, 04:44 PM
divecon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

This will probably get moved off but can the moderators just hold off until a few people have read it please, I think that potential customers need to know how poor some companies are:

I rang Origin Technologies the week before last to order a 'Blue i' GPS camera detector for £399.99, I had heard all sorts of good things about them so thought I'd give one a go. I spoke to a friendly chap who took my details (plus credit card number) and he said the order was placed and I'd have the unit on Monday (last). Nothing arrived so I rang them and was told that no order has been placed and they had no record of me even placing an order. Frustrating but I gave my details to Mark (one of the Directors) and he said that they were very sorry and a new one would go out on Tuesday and be with me Wednesday morning (at this point I'd add that from the start I asked them to send it to my work address as there would be no-one to sign for it at home). "No problems" he says, takes my credit card number again. The debit appears on the card the same day.

Wednesday comes, no Blue i , I rang them up and speak to Benny a very friendly, but absolutely useless, South African guy who says he would ring me back with the reason why I hadn't received the unit, no call was forthcoming. I was left a message to ring Mark who then told me that they were actually out of stock and had been from the start of the week [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img], so why take the order and why not tell me? I asked him, "I'm not sure, very sorry about this" comes the reply.

OK so when am I going to get this damn thing? By this time I'm losing my sense of humour. Mark then tells me that I'll have it on Friday, "to my work address?" I ask him, "yes" comes the reply.

You know what is coming next don't you? Amazing....nothing arrives on Friday as promised, I get home and there is a note stuck through the door from City Link, "tried to deliver package....will not redeliver to another address without permission from the sender...blah blah" I could've cried

I rang Mark this morning and told him to collect it from City Link themselves and credit my card. What a bunch of complete unprofessional bafoons, do they not understand customer service?

Word of advice, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I'm sure the system itself works well but if you can't even get one without all this heartache then I'd rather not have one at all. One very, very disappointed potential customer.

Neil
Sussex

PS If anyone wants to cross-post this to some of the other performance car boards (M3 or EVO etc) please feel free, I think that most should know about this company).

[Edited by divecon - 4/29/2002 4:57:03 PM]
Old 29 April 2002, 05:08 PM
mccltd
Scooby Regular

Bought mine from Networx last week.
Only £350 if you mention the Scoobynet site.
Also they had them in stock.
Old 29 April 2002, 05:12 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I quite agree with ONLY delivering to the credit card address - stops fraud - the rest is bad!

Pete
Old 29 April 2002, 06:16 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I have to say that I have nothing but excellent pre and after sales service from Mark and the lads In fact so much so that when I managed to blow my first unit up...they sent me a demo unit the same day whilst mine was sent for repairs...

Sorry to hear you have not had the same experience...

Tom

[edited just to say that I am not in any way associated with Origin Bluei and or any of their associated companies or thrird party suppliers...just a happy customer ]

[Edited by Rum* - 4/29/2002 6:17:59 PM]
Old 29 April 2002, 06:48 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

hmm, I have to say I've had no end of trouble with Citylink in the past. I ended up complaining verbal and in writing. They accepted that some of their franchises were less customer focused than others

Jon
Old 29 April 2002, 07:16 PM
tezza
Scooby Regular

Just ordered one today, hope I don't have the same problems. Gutted that I did not know about discount!
Terry
Old 30 April 2002, 11:05 AM
mccltd
Scooby Regular

My first Origin blue that turned up was faulty.
Rang up Networx who dispatched another to me the same day, while I sent this one back.(Very nice & trusting).
They also sent me a refund for the postage.
What more could you ask.
www.networxautomotive.com

Also got to admit City link are useless.
I receive orders from them everyday, they are based on my estate here but I dont get the goods till after 2 in the afternoon.
I usually end up going down there to pick them up, that's if they havn't sent them to the wrong depot.
Old 30 April 2002, 01:54 PM
Steve 555
Scooby Regular

Cool

Divecon,

Sorry to hear of your disappointment. I ordered a unit from the company a few weeks ago and had no problems. I was even able to negotiate a re-route for the following day to my works address following the dreaded card behind the door from Citylink. 10am the next morning I had it in my hand

I'm sorry to say I paid the full price to but am more than happy with the device. The only niggle I have is it sometimes can take 15 minutes before the satalites are 'locked'

Don't take this the wrong way, but you will be cutting your nose off to spite your face if you just say **** em. It really is a good device.

Steve

NB I too am in no way associated with the company just a happy bunny.[/b]

[Edited by Steve 555 - 4/30/2002 1:55:05 PM]
Old 30 April 2002, 04:25 PM
divecon
Scooby Regular

All taken onboard guys but my point still stands, if the first instance of customer service is as poor as it was with any company it makes you wonder what it will be like in the future. I'm sure the system is really good (that's why I wanted one in the first place) but I can't be doing with the hassle and lack of care that this company offers.

I would prefer to do without than line the pockets of a company who simply cannot look after a new customer.

It's not City Link's fault, this whole scenario is down to Origin and there is no excuse for that IMHO.

Neil
Sussex