2,800 'honour' attacks in year

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2011, 08:32 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2,800 'honour' attacks in year

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/2-800-honou...051218261.html

someone please explain to me where the honour is in men attacking and in some cases killing women because they do not like their choice in partners!
Old 03 December 2011, 09:03 AM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Just a load of insecure men!
Old 03 December 2011, 09:38 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Between the 12 forces able to provide figures from 2009, there was an overall 47% rise in honour attack incidents. Police in Northumbria saw a 305% increase from 17 incidents in 2009 to 69 in 2010, while Cambridgeshire saw a 154% jump from 11 to 28.
I love this, scare mongering hackery at it's finest, when in reality they're just getting better at detecting it. 10 years ago it would have been classified as domestic violence.
The author has a fine future in the tabloid press ahead of him!
astraboy.
Old 03 December 2011, 09:40 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by astraboy
I love this, scare mongering hackery at it's finest, when in reality they're just getting better at detecting it. 10 years ago it would have been classified as domestic violence.
The author has a fine future in the tabloid press ahead of him!
astraboy.
seems you completely missed the point 2800 (reported) honour attacks in the UK whether they are better at detecting and i would suspect more women are actually coming forward and reporting - which is a good thing surely raising awareness is hardly scaremongering
Old 03 December 2011, 09:50 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Zohan
seems you completely missed the point 2800 (reported) honour attacks in the UK whether they are better at detecting and i would suspect more women are actually coming forward and reporting - which is a good thing surely raising awareness is hardly scaremongering
No your missing my point, the "journalist" is using the 100+% rises without attributing any meaning to them. By insinuation, he is implying that, whereas before there was no problem with honour killing, but now there are swarms of darkies running amok across the country, offing pretty young girls for having the audacity to look at the wrong sort of bloke.

If he had just thought "that's a hell of a rise, I best ask why such an increase took place" and getting the answer that there are dedicated honour killing units who's job is to generate these sort of figures, whereas before there were not, hence the increase. All he saw was a juicy story (involving ethnic minority violence as well) and went to town on it.

My cat could have written that better.
astraboy.
Old 03 December 2011, 09:56 AM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

So when Caucasian men batter their wives it's domestic violence but when a darkie does it then it's an honour crime.
Old 03 December 2011, 10:29 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

No your missing my point, the "journalist" is using the 100+% rises without attributing any meaning to them. By insinuation, he is implying that, whereas before there was no problem with honour killing, but now there are swarms of darkies running amok across the country, offing pretty young girls for having the audacity to look at the wrong sort of bloke.

If he had just thought "that's a hell of a rise, I best ask why such an increase took place" and getting the answer that there are dedicated honour killing units who's job is to generate these sort of figures, whereas before there were not, hence the increase. All he saw was a juicy story (involving ethnic minority violence as well) and went to town on it.

My cat could have written that better.
astraboy.
Major FAIL for not spotting that it's the charity who compiled this report that's doing their level best to make sure this makes it onto every news bulletin and website in the country this weekend, and not the Yahoo news journo who's gone out on a limb to dredge the stuff up, as you seem to think.
Old 03 December 2011, 10:32 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markjmd
Major FAIL for not spotting that it's the charity who compiled this report that's doing their level best to make sure this makes it onto every news bulletin and website in the country this weekend, and not the Yahoo news journo who's gone out on a limb to dredge the stuff up, as you seem to think.
hmm, when the part before the main body text reads
2,800 'honour' attacks in year
Press Association – 5 hours ago
astraboy.
Old 03 December 2011, 10:37 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaid
So when Caucasian men batter their wives it's domestic violence but when a darkie does it then it's an honour crime.
Doesn't matter who's doing it, or for what reason Shaid, either way, it's despicable.

But caucasian men have no "excuse".

Your "darkies" as you call them, seem to think it's OK to do it.....
Old 03 December 2011, 10:39 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

hmm, when the part before the main body text reads

astraboy.
OK, I'll give you a token 2 marks for reading 1 line past the title, and a big fat zero for not getting as far as:

"According to figures obtained by the Iranian and Kurdish Women's Rights Organisation (Ikwro), at least 2,823 incidents of "honour-based" violence took place, with the highest number recorded in London"

or:

"The data, taken from from 39 out of 52 UK forces, was released following a freedom of information request by Ikwro, the BBC reported."

You want to tell us again who's going overboard to dig these figures up?
Old 03 December 2011, 11:04 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It is a crime not only against our laws of course, but also against society and natural law which cannot be justified.

It should continue to be punished with the full force of the law.

Les
Old 03 December 2011, 07:59 PM
wayne9t9
Scooby Regular

I blame the Stella
Old 03 December 2011, 10:18 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

2 points, 1, the angle used by reporters/journalists is to maximise impact, by making the story sound like its a massive increase - to try sensationalise/grab attention and ultimatley sell papers.
2, its still a horrible ridiculous crime which needs wiped out, a little genuine exposure is needed and welcomed, without the added twists to generate maximum profit for the media company involved.
you think they give a flying fck about the people involved? no, they would collapse if things like this didnt happen
Old 04 December 2011, 10:41 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

The above is such a negative view of present British society that I hate to agree with it.

But I do.
Old 04 December 2011, 12:29 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Cowardly attacks more like, disgraceful crime imho

TX.
Old 04 December 2011, 03:24 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

4:34